FORT BEND TOURNAMENT ☆4A #2 SILSBEE ☆POST UPDATES HERE...

Who That

2 hours ago, Kountzer said:

At the end of the first OT the ref called a foul, but there was zero time left on the clock.  Silsbee got robbed.

Kountzer, I feel your pain. Same thing happened in the Huntington/Cleveland game. Game tied at end of regulation. Refs called a foul with no time left on clock. Cleveland won it with a free throw. ... Those fouls should never be called in that situation unless it's a blatant. Most refs will back off in that situation....I agree with you. 

28 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Silver Bracket schedule for Friday

3p 4A #2 Silsbee v Clear Springs
4:30p Kempner v Alief Taylor
6p 6A #3 Westfield v Dulles
7:30p Friendswood v FB Austin

All games at Hopson Field Houe

Interesting in that  6 FB schools made the gold bracket as well as 6A #2 Sam Houston and Arlington Bowie who had FB Clements in their group as the only FB team in that group.  I know several of these FB schools are very good but 6 of 8.....makes you wonder.

3 minutes ago, ST413 said:

Interesting in that  6 FB schools made the gold bracket as well as 6A #2 Sam Houston and Arlington Bowie who had FB Clements in their group as the only FB team in that group.  I know several of these FB schools are very good but 6 of 8.....makes you wonder.

It was pretty obvious after making Silsbee play their 2nd game just 1 and 1/2 hours after their first game while Hightower got to rest practically all day, that the "fix" was in. ;)

I spoke to 3 coaches at HJ tourney about that set up and all agreed that was "manipulating" the pool/bracket in favor of the home team.

I was always told that no one really shows up to watch teams from other areas in the championship games of the host team tournament if the host team or in this case ft.bend district teams are in there to the end then the likelihood of the facility being packed is much greater and so are the benefits for the district so they really try to eliminate the outside teams not as much money to be made if say silsbee played Arlington Bowie in the championship vs any of the ft.bend schools in the championship that is unless all of tiger nation shows up .

38 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

It was pretty obvious after making Silsbee play their 2nd game just 1 and 1/2 hours after their first game while Hightower got to rest practically all day, that the "fix" was in. ;)

I spoke to 3 coaches at HJ tourney about that set up and all agreed that was "manipulating" the pool/bracket in favor of the home team.

This is not an uncommon occurrence although sometimes it's more blatant than others by the host team..Nederland and Gamble tournaments are included...The sideline coaches/home team fans always state just play the team in front of you or find another tournament to go to... Some have...jmo

4 hours ago, Kountzer said:

At the end of the first OT the ref called a foul, but there was zero time left on the clock.  Silsbee got robbed.

From the video I was watching, it looked like everyone in the gym thought the game was over, even the Hightower team. Oh well