FORT BEND TOURNAMENT ☆4A #2 SILSBEE ☆POST UPDATES HERE...

Who That

37 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Look, I was with you guys on the Wagner thing.  Thought it was dumb to put arguably the two best teams in the tournament against each other in the first round (akin to having Duke and Kentucky play first in March Madness).  

But FBISD gave Silsbee a road map to go deep in this one.  All you had to do was beat Eisenhower.  Not only that, if you had beaten a team that was clearly very beatable, they had probably the two best teams in the tournament in the opposite side of the bracket (Bush and Sam Houston, who ironically played in the first round of bracket play).   A game was lost that should have been won, regardless of rest.  Again, a deep team of teenagers should be able to play two games with an hour and a half in between with no issues. They aren't old out of shape old men like us.  I can promise you many from this bunch has played more physically demanding schedules than this in the past. 

It's not a question of being able to they did. And looking at the brackets they gave this same short break to 5 or 6 teams.  Funny thing the only FB school with that short of a break was Willowridge and even funnier not 1 of those teams moved on to the gold bracket.  I won't make an excuse for our fts because we have done that in recent games but what is one of the things you hear about when someone says a team is tired.....their shooting getting poorer due to tired legs....Add to that the style we play nonstop and you see why a short break was not good.  And even with all that we should have won and yes it was the fts that cost us.  Now my big hope is to get the matchup with Westfield tomorrow to see how we can do there.

8 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Look, I was with you guys on the Wagner thing.  Thought it was dumb to put arguably the two best teams in the tournament against each other in the first round (akin to having Duke and Kentucky play first in March Madness).  

But FBISD gave Silsbee a road map to go deep in this one.  All you had to do was beat Eisenhower.  Not only that, if you had beaten a team that was clearly very beatable, they had probably the two best teams in the tournament in the opposite side of the bracket (Bush and Sam Houston, who ironically played in the first round of bracket play).   A game was lost that should have been won, regardless of rest.  Again, a deep team of teenagers should be able to play two games with an hour and a half in between with no issues. They aren't old out of shape old men like us.  I can promise you many from this bunch has played more physically demanding schedules than this in the past. 

I totally agree with you. Silsbee needs to make free throws it's no excuse for it at all. I've been in attendance for every game make free throws play defense and rebound the Tigers would be undefeated. with a bench that deep should not be a problem giving your all and coming out game for a break but that's not what they are doing they saving themselves. Good thing hopefully they can fix this before district the kids have to buy in and accept there roles by the way Silsbee could share the ball better also. I'm a die hard tiger played there myself but if your playing selfish ball we want win state point blank period they need to play better no doubt about it.

9 hours ago, ST413 said:

I am not arguing with that fact at all.  After the first 2 games I thought we were going to be a better ft shooting team.  But that game at Central was bad and sounds like a few since then as well.

Agreed

9 hours ago, ST413 said:

9 hours ago, ST413 said:

Edited by SLD2012