FORT BEND TOURNAMENT ☆4A #2 SILSBEE ☆POST UPDATES HERE...

Who That

Game tied with 23 secs left.  Alief inbounding.  Throws ball up in between two Tigers guy comes down goes to the floor loses ball but foul called on us.  No obvious foul the ref right beside the players who I thought made the call although I never saw him give the number looked at our bench and shrugged like he didn't know what happened.

From watching this one only, we have stopped the platoon system. Now I heard we have been still doing it some and I don't know that it's gone.  It may be just to keep our size out there more with these bigger schools.  What it looked like to me that this did at least in this game was kind of give us a lull in the middle of the game. For whatever reason we didn't have near the defensive intensity in that 2nd and third qtr that we did in the other two.  It could have been players getting a little more winded, players getting near foul trouble or maybe Coach had them lay back a little to keep those two things from happening.  One thing when that pressure was on Alief struggled handling the ball. We still had trouble at the ft line and need to do a little better hitting the boards but when we get back to playing schools more our size I expect some things to get back to normal.  Good experience and just what the Tigers need to see rught now early in the season.

Which gym was this game played in?   I was planning to leave the cozy house and drive out to Ft Bend and watch the silver division championship if Silsbee won.  Scratch that now.  I watched Alief Taylor come back on Bowie.  They are a come back team.  Also Silsbee's defenesive intensity is not as strong as last year, and the poor ft shooting. etc.

Silsbee was blown out twice in this tournament last year.  That didn't happen this year.  The Tigers got some good playoff type experience.  It should help them later this season.

The defensive intensity seems to be toned down a bit against these big 6A schools that have pretty good guard play and usually a good big or two. The game turns more into a half court game that favors those bigs. Silsbee looked good in their half court sets, but so did the competition, who had a little more size.