SE Texas Highest Paid Coaches

Peppermint Patty

22 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

All BISD coaches make the same.  Doesn't sound right to me but whatever.  You think that would be based off of attendance numbers, record, tenure, etc...

I was thinking the same. Some things about this list do not make a lot of sense, but are part of it, I guess.

West Brook, the biggest school on this list, pays their HC less than 2 3A schools (Newton and East Chambers), and 2 4A schools (Silsbee and LCM), and 1 historically bad 5A (Vidor)

I find it hard to believe Mathews (83-87) should make 10K more than Flannigan (117-93)

Also, Crouch at LCM (46-46) a makes 10K more. LCM is a much smaller school than WB.

9 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

I was thinking the same. Some things about this list do not make a lot of sense, but are part of it, I guess.

West Brook, the biggest school on this list, pays their HC less than 2 3A schools (Newton and East Chambers), and 2 4A schools (Silsbee and LCM), and 1 historically bad 5A (Vidor)

I find it hard to believe Mathews (83-87) should make 10K more than Flannigan (117-93)

Also, Crouch at LCM (46-46) a makes 10K more. LCM is a much smaller school than WB.

Maybe they are paying Matthew so much to stay there.  :)  I believe he could land another job in a heartbeat if he wanted too...

The LC-M coach is the head scratcher for me...

2 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

Maybe they are paying Matthew so much to stay there.  :)  I believe he could land another job in a heartbeat if he wanted too...

That is true. I was not trying to knock him. I know he does great things for the program/community. That is a lot to shell out for sub-500 though, especially when you compare it to bigger/winning programs.

3 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

Nevermind, I answered my own question after looking back at the pictures.  He doesn't seem old enough to me to have been a head coach for 22 years...

I am not 100%. Maybe some of those years are factoring in assistant years. I just based it off of the report, which could also be wrong.

1 hour ago, Tigers2010 said:

Part of the salaries of Matthew's, Crouch,etc are due to being the athletic director unlike the BISD coaches.

2 hours ago, Jag Insider said:

I wouldn't be so quick to judge Matthews based off his record, let's remember that he is in Vidor after all (kinda like Lumberton). I don't think any other coach in this area could come in and do much better than he has with the talent that that city produces.

6 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

I wouldn't be so quick to judge Matthews based off his record, let's remember that he is in Vidor after all (kinda like Lumberton). I don't think any other coach in this area could come in and do much better than he has with the talent that that city produces.

That's my point.  I think he could take his system somewhere else a little more diverse, improve that winning percentage.  Not bad what he is making and he is fielding a competitive team every year, so I don't see him going anywhere...   

13 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

That's my point.  I think he could take his system somewhere else a little more diverse, improve that winning percentage.  Not bad what he is making and he is fielding a competitive team every year, so I don't see him going anywhere...   

I agree, he must love the community to stay for this long.

1 hour ago, L-Train11 said:

Not so sure about that. A different couch could change up how the offense works and could bring out a whole new team. Same with the defense, on the other hand it could be a train wreck. Doesn't matter though cause with the salary, respect and love Vidor shows for JM he isn't going anywhere ever, no matter what his overall record is. If it isn't broke.....don't fix it and the leadership in vidor isn't broke.

6 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

Are you really this stupid? Jeff has a winning record since 2009 along with four playoff appearances and a 2016 district championship. He is also the Athletic Director at Vidor. Flanigan doesn't even have that consideration and coaches in the BISD all make the same salary. Wanna ask who would rather coach where? I guarantee Flanigan would take Vidor in a heartbeat. Look at the crap he's having to go through now.

3 hours ago, Bulldogpower said:

Not so sure about that. A different couch could change up how the offense works and could bring out a whole new team. Same with the defense, on the other hand it could be a train wreck. Doesn't matter though cause with the salary, respect and love Vidor shows for JM he isn't going anywhere ever, no matter what his overall record is. If it isn't broke.....don't fix it and the leadership in vidor isn't broke.

ABSOLUTELY! We ain't changing a thing and I wanna give the man a raise. Besides, what we pay Jeff in Vidor has NOTHING to do with what other coaches make. I think he's worth $200K a year. 

12 hours ago, robanadana said:

Are you really this stupid? Jeff has a winning record since 2009 along with four playoff appearances and a 2016 district championship. He is also the Athletic Director at Vidor. Flanigan doesn't even have that consideration and coaches in the BISD all make the same salary. Wanna ask who would rather coach where? I guarantee Flanigan would take Vidor in a heartbeat. Look at the crap he's having to go through now.

They allow coaches to put video cameras in locker rooms in Vidor?  

Can we all just agree that WOS gets the most bang for their buck?  The best coach in this area (IMO - can't imagine he's not in everyone's top 5) is the 16th highest paid coach.  But he would be the first to tell you, money isn't everything and home is where the heart is...