SE Texas Highest Paid Coaches

Peppermint Patty

6 minutes ago, robanadana said:

Another rocket scientist. Seriously.

It was sarcasm.  Because you implied that he wouldn't be going through the crap he is now if he were at Vidor instead of Westbrook.  I'm simply pointing out that...no, he'd be going through this at ANY school.  Because putting a video camera in or around a locker room is pretty high up there on the list of things that may get you fired.

13 hours ago, robanadana said:

Are you really this stupid? Jeff has a winning record since 2009 along with four playoff appearances and a 2016 district championship. He is also the Athletic Director at Vidor. Flanigan doesn't even have that consideration and coaches in the BISD all make the same salary. Wanna ask who would rather coach where? I guarantee Flanigan would take Vidor in a heartbeat. Look at the crap he's having to go through now.

Good job SETX. Got staff members calling members Stupid. That's a good look. Calm down, man. I did not call you stupid, or put down Mathews. I simply stated his record at Vidor, and that Vidor, historically, does not have a ton of success. No need to call people stupid. 

48 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

It was sarcasm.  Because you implied that he wouldn't be going through the crap he is now if he were at Vidor instead of Westbrook.  I'm simply pointing out that...no, he'd be going through this at ANY school.  Because putting a video camera in or around a locker room is pretty high up there on the list of things that may get you fired.

If he was at Vidor and had brought it to the attention of the administration then something probably would have gotten done, therefore he would not be going through any of this.

1 hour ago, L-Train11 said:

If he was at Vidor and had brought it to the attention of the administration then something probably would have gotten done, therefore he would not be going through any of this.

Just out of curiosity...what can be done?  Give the kids a means to keep their belongings safe.  Keep the locker room locked when nobody is dressing.  If it's still a problem...then it's a police matter.

How do you know he wasn't told that by the administration?  I'm not saying he was...I don't have a clue.  But the locker room was obviously not kept locked up...because I read a comment on here saying the camera did indeed catch the thief going into the locker room.

2 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

Just out of curiosity...what can be done?  Give the kids a means to keep their belongings safe.  Keep the locker room locked when nobody is dressing.  If it's still a problem...then it's a police matter.

How do you know he wasn't told that by the administration?  I'm not saying he was...I don't have a clue.  But the locker room was obviously not kept locked up...because I read a comment on here saying the camera did indeed catch the thief going into the locker room.

Such a tough concept for some people to comprehend oldschool2, simply issues a lock to every kid and lock the locker room when everybody is out.

It is call individual responsibility, if these things were done then there would never have been an issue.

9 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

Such a tough concept for some people to comprehend oldschool2, simply issues a lock to every kid and lock the locker room when everybody is out.

It is call individual responsibility, if these things were done then there would never have been an issue.

Well, you would think.  4 years of high school ball.   Football, basketball, and baseball.  Even kept things in my locker all through summer.   Then 4 years of college ball....never once had a single thing taken out of my locker.  Of course, I had the locker locked at all times... I don't know.  Call me old fashioned I guess.

12 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Well, you would think.  4 years of high school ball.   Football, basketball, and baseball.  Even kept things in my locker all through summer.   Then 4 years of college ball....never once had a single thing taken out of my locker.  Of course, I had the locker locked at all times... I don't know.  Call me old fashioned I guess.

Common sense

3 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

Common sense

And funny story...true story.  None of my teammates ever had anything stolen either.

Maybe it was because when coach assigned us our locker and gave us our lock he said "If you don't keep it locked and something gets stolen, there's nothing I can do"

Imagine the insanity.

5 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

And funny story...true story.  None of my teammates ever had anything stolen either.

Maybe it was because when coach assigned us our locker and gave us our lock he said "If you don't keep it locked and something gets stolen, there's nothing I can do"

Imagine the insanity.

Crazy concept, holding kids accountable.

On 12/2/2016 at 8:21 PM, robanadana said:

ABSOLUTELY! We ain't changing a thing and I wanna give the man a raise. Besides, what we pay Jeff in Vidor has NOTHING to do with what other coaches make. I think he's worth $200K a year. 

Believe me we feel the same about our coach LN, to many programs in our area want their coaches gone and fired. Anyttime a community respects the leader of their kids while not at home imo you can't put a price tag on it. LN and JM know that and take it seriously.