9 4 A D1

Lion70

13 hours ago, #1stangfan said:

And WOS could beat Kilgore, Carthage and Henderson....Lucky they are in D1.  Seems like the rankings back this up.  Looks like folks have already been beating them.

Rankings don't mean anything and Kilgore proved that when they beat Henderson and Carthage. 

I think WOS is really, really good.  But I have to agree that WOS wouldn't be having the success they are now if in this district.  Which would never happen geographically anyway..  But I remember specifically saying that the UIL did WOS a huge solid by being D2 and the teams listed above as D1.  WOS couldn't even get out of the region when they were together.

Having said that...I think WOS has an excellent chance to repeat as the 4Ad2 champs.

2 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

I think WOS is really, really good.  But I have to agree that WOS wouldn't be having the success they are now if in this district.  Which would never happen geographically anyway..  But I remember specifically saying that the UIL did WOS a huge solid by being D2 and the teams listed above as D1.  WOS couldn't even get out of the region when they were together.

Having said that...I think WOS has an excellent chance to repeat as the 4Ad2 champs.

Who's your team? Don't get the past confused with this year. We are talking about this year. 

27 minutes ago, wosfan1992 said:

Who's your team? Don't get the past confused with this year. We are talking about this year. 

Texas Tech

And I'm aware of what year we're talking about.  I think that even if the state was divided the way it is now over the last few realignments WOS would have several state titles over the last 5 years or so.  But they couldn't quite get past the East Tx bunch...until the numbers changed.

Even if this year's WOS team is better than any other they've ever had...if in that district they would at least get challenged every week.  Right now all you have to do is show up to the game for 8 straight weeks and it's 60+ to nothing.  It wears on you a little when you can't make mistakes week in and week out.