West Orange Stark vs Liberty

tennisbc

Pretty confident how region 3 is going to pan out.Region 4 on the other hand could be interesting.I would give Cuero the nod at this point but a team could get hot like they did last year so that's not set in stone.Whoever is left standing in R4 will have earned it that's for sure.

I agree Gunho.  Region III is strangely down this year for the first time in recent memory.  Who knows though.  Can't get complacent!

Region IV is gonna be a dogfight between Cuero, Navarro, Wharton, Wimberley and despite the whooping last week you can't count Sinton out just yet.  Every possible thing that could go wrong did in that game.

Liberty gets a mention as one of three teams to watch on the DCTF live show today... six minutes and ten seconds in.  They got the classification wrong though lol.

Region 4 is actually very very weak besides Cuero, Wharton and Navarro.Cuero is not as powerful as you think and please dont let their scoring fool you. Look at their scores against Yoakum and Sweeny, they were nailbiters. Navarro is good but they have not gotten over the hump of beating a well sized defense which is why Cuero took them out last year. They were too small to push those guys around but this year they have added a passing game to their attack and honestly gives them the upper hand this year. Wharton is full of speed, speed, speed but who have they played that actually has a winning record or a decent defense? Columbia? oh they barely beat Columbia who in turn barely beat Lamarque that is only hanging on for life by a string. In my opinion it will be Wharton and Navarro to see who comes out of that Region but that's just my opinion.

On 10/16/2016 at 8:48 PM, Bronco94 said:

I'm going with my neighbor of 6 miles, Liberty Panthers. I don't know how many panthers it's gonna take to beat WOS but I know how many they are gonna use. The talk stops in two weeks, somebody needs to stop all the hype, and that's gonna be the 2016 Liberty Panthers. Shut'm up and shut'm down Panthers.

Certainly you are entitled to your opinion. I do, however, think that when adversity strikes in two weeks (and it will) the Panthers will realize that they are not lined up against Shepherd or Coldspring - two teams that they beat by a combined six points. And if that gets in their heads (and it will), it's over. I give the Panthers props for going 8-0 so far. But all undefeated records are not equal.

Any team that is still undefeated at this point in the season stands a chance. It is NOT, however, even money. The Panthers will have to have a balanced attack, speed at every position on D, and tons of composure.

2 hours ago, ThunderCat said:

Region 4 is actually very very weak besides Cuero, Wharton and Navarro.Cuero is not as powerful as you think and please dont let their scoring fool you. Look at their scores against Yoakum and Sweeny, they were nailbiters. Navarro is good but they have not gotten over the hump of beating a well sized defense which is why Cuero took them out last year. They were too small to push those guys around but this year they have added a passing game to their attack and honestly gives them the upper hand this year. Wharton is full of speed, speed, speed but who have they played that actually has a winning record or a decent defense? Columbia? oh they barely beat Columbia who in turn barely beat Lamarque that is only hanging on for life by a string. In my opinion it will be Wharton and Navarro to see who comes out of that Region but that's just my opinion.

never count Cuero out - their roots go deep just like Newton and West Orange

Wharton has a good team.. I watched them beat us (Bellville) 28-23. But I know that there isn't a team in the region on WOS level and I'll admit that. Not Bellville.. Not Liberty . NONE. I think if Bellville takes care of business they would see WOS in the third round unfortunately lol correct me if I'm wrong. Can't wait for the playoffs though.

5 hours ago, WOS99 said:

Certainly you are entitled to your opinion. I do, however, think that when adversity strikes in two weeks (and it will) the Panthers will realize that they are not lined up against Shepherd or Coldspring - two teams that they beat by a combined six points. And if that gets in their heads (and it will), it's over. I give the Panthers props for going 8-0 so far. But all undefeated records are not equal.

Any team that is still undefeated at this point in the season stands a chance. It is NOT, however, even money. The Panthers will have to have a balanced attack, speed at every position on D, and tons of composure.

Anything can happen

20 minutes ago, wo-s#1 said:

Nah we like the regular season also....just boring in district most seasons, but not next Friday!!!!

I would like to see liberty put some more quality teams on their non district schedule, make the regular season even more fun to watch and help gear up for playoffs, sucks for yall that no one wanted to play yall, but at least you still were able to put some quality teams on the non district schedule regardless , even though yall made them all look like below average teams lol 

4 minutes ago, TexasPanther2012 said:

I would like to see liberty put some more quality teams on their non district schedule, make the regular season even more fun to watch and help gear up for playoffs, sucks for yall that no one wanted to play yall, but at least you still were able to put some quality teams on the non district schedule regardless , even though yall made them all look like below average teams lol 

Been said many times but this team is on a whole different level. Most knew before the season that's why they wouldn't play.

1 minute ago, wo-s#1 said:

Been said many times but this team is on a whole different level. Most knew before the season that's why they wouldn't play.

i agree completely. What stops the larger classification schools from scheduling WOS? Is it because if they win people will say they're suppose to because they are larger? and if they lose it looks bad losing to a smaller classified school even if its wos so its lose lose? or what's the deal with that  

On 10/16/2016 at 10:52 PM, kicker said:

This is hilarious! We all knew Liberty would start beating their chests about being "undefeated" but WOS hasn't been playing 2A and private schools like the Panthers have.  HJ is about to open your eyes. They are a good solid team. The Mustangs are on a completely different level than Liberty can even imagine. See you in two weeks and make sure you button your chin straps, it's going to be a long night for your starters and a very short one for ours.

chill out dude, no one is beating their chest, that's a dayton fan giving us support lol yall wanna make this a spicy thread so bad, wos fans stalk around on here looking for a reason to hop in and talk about how dominant wos is, no one said we played a tougher schedule than yall? no one said we are better than yall?

On 10/16/2016 at 8:10 PM, kicker said:

Man, you have no clue what is about to hit you in 2 weeks. I understand you are proud of your team and rightfully so, but WOS is not on a 4A level. Many have come, all have failed. 

yeah i watched yall play HJ its ridiculous never seen anything like it but can you calm down on saying all the liberty people are beating their chest, maybe one poster on this entire website is, and i dont even think he was "beating his chest" just has a lot of confidence in our team, that's great, but don't act like we are all on here saying we are gunna beat wos and blah blah blah idk what your beef with liberty is, but this isn't the first time you have come at the entire base for what one guy posted 

15 minutes ago, TexasPanther2012 said:

i agree completely. What stops the larger classification schools from scheduling WOS? Is it because if they win people will say they're suppose to because they are larger? and if they lose it looks bad losing to a smaller classified school even if its wos so its lose lose? or what's the deal with that  

I suppose

1 hour ago, TexasPanther2012 said:

yeah i watched yall play HJ its ridiculous never seen anything like it but can you calm down on saying all the liberty people are beating their chest, maybe one poster on this entire website is, and i dont even think he was "beating his chest" just has a lot of confidence in our team, that's great, but don't act like we are all on here saying we are gunna beat wos and blah blah blah idk what your beef with liberty is, but this isn't the first time you have come at the entire base for what one guy posted 

Nothing towards you. You have been very respectful. It is just that every year there is that one team that starts talking trash because they have a "good record" and all of a sudden they think they are world beaters. I'll get flak for this but I.e. Silsbee, Hardin -Jefferson, etc. We've had to hear it so many times over and over only to beat the doo doo out of them. Maybe I came across a little too brash, but if y'all win this week, there will be 59  new Liberty posters on this board talking trash and taking all the band with of the site for 7 days. I'm just trying to nip it in the bud before it starts.....

Any given Friday...a long list of unbeatable teams have fallen on these Fridays.  Most of them beaten by "inferior" teams.  I have been watching Liberty for many years and WO-S for even longer.  This the best either of them have been in my recent memory.  That says volumes for WO-S, but not as much for Liberty as their fortunes haven't fared as well within the last several years.  This group however is a very talented group for Liberty.

I think a 42-12 score is a reasonable score, but wouldn't be surprised to see WO-S dismantle them like all the rest they have faced so far.

18 minutes ago, kicker said:

Nothing towards you. You have been very respectful. It is just that every year there is that one team that starts talking trash because they have a "good record" and all of a sudden they think they are world beaters. I'll get flak for this but I.e. Silsbee, Hardin -Jefferson, etc. We've had to hear it so many times over and over only to beat the doo doo out of them. Maybe I came across a little too brash, but if y'all win this week, there will be 59  new Liberty posters on this board talking trash and taking all the band with of the site for 7 days. I'm just trying to nip it in the bud before it starts.....

Ok, I see where you are coming from, but we have already beaten a few teams better than HJ and their has been no liberty SETX paparazzi appear, so there's nothing for you to nip before it starts because nothing is going to start if it has not already, and it hasn't, so that's why i felt your comments were a little brash, i mean i can take brash comments im not trippin, i just felt they were uncalled for , but then i read some of the earlier post and i see why you gave that reaction, just had to make myself clear, that we love and support our team, but our base isn't talking trash about wos, or even thinking about yall one single bit to be honest the team is doing everything they can to go 1-0 this week. There is no last week there is no next week, our guys are worried about going 1-0 friday, 1 win no loss, that's it. It just felt like to me, wos fans started this thread to try an get a reaction out of us , it's like yall want our fans to be cocky and talk down on yall so when you beat us itll be that much sweeter to you all, but man these are kids, quit trying to find reasons to want them to get beat even worse lol we are worried about 1 game at a time , but as a poster not a player or coach, ill jump ahead myself and say after we beat HJ that's when the focus turns to you , but i still dont think you will get the big headed reaction that you are hoping for out of us as a whole, idk why yall want that so bad but im just gunna keep it chill when it comes to wos lol ill start giving my lopsided predictions in favor of liberty again come round 1 lol

1 hour ago, TexasPanther2012 said:

Ok, I see where you are coming from, but we have already beaten a few teams better than HJ and their has been no liberty SETX paparazzi appear, so there's nothing for you to nip before it starts because nothing is going to start if it has not already, and it hasn't, so that's why i felt your comments were a little brash, i mean i can take brash comments im not trippin, i just felt they were uncalled for , but then i read some of the earlier post and i see why you gave that reaction, just had to make myself clear, that we love and support our team, but our base isn't talking trash about wos, or even thinking about yall one single bit to be honest the team is doing everything they can to go 1-0 this week. There is no last week there is no next week, our guys are worried about going 1-0 friday, 1 win no loss, that's it. It just felt like to me, wos fans started this thread to try an get a reaction out of us , it's like yall want our fans to be cocky and talk down on yall so when you beat us itll be that much sweeter to you all, but man these are kids, quit trying to find reasons to want them to get beat even worse lol we are worried about 1 game at a time , but as a poster not a player or coach, ill jump ahead myself and say after we beat HJ that's when the focus turns to you , but i still dont think you will get the big headed reaction that you are hoping for out of us as a whole, idk why yall want that so bad but im just gunna keep it chill when it comes to wos lol ill start giving my lopsided predictions in favor of liberty again come round 1 lol

WOS fans started this thread because it's our next game. We are off this week. 

9 hours ago, wo-s#1 said:
9 hours ago, TexasPanther2012 said:

I suppose

PNG and Nederland have both scheduled WOS. We lost a non-district game this year when they threw in Livingston at the last minute, knocking us down to two pre-district games (Silsbee and GCM) so that screwed us out of our week three matchup with the Stangs. Great games the two years before and I'm sure we will get them back if available down the road. 

Would've loved to have seen a WOS vs PAM matchup this year. Would've benefited both teams down the road.  

10 hours ago, TexasPanther2012 said:

If I may interrupt the back and forth banter for a moment, I would like to officially be the first to say that Liberty will go 4 rounds deep this year and I truly think they have the potential to do so just from what I have seen so far! I will be there Friday night!