West Orange Stark vs Liberty

tennisbc

It seems to me that Liberty fans and supporters are talking more about this game than HJ, there next opponent. That will get you into trouble. Not saying the team and players are looking past HJ but some fans are. WOS can start the talk about Liberty due to that bye team is a lock. HJ is a very good team and will be a good game for Liberty. Hoping that Liberty and HJ come out injury free and WOS can heal up some of there players and get ready for phase 3 of the season (playoffs). 

4 hours ago, setxnative96 said:

Okay, no reason to say all of that. WOS deserves all hype, they are defending the state title, Senior bug wasnt present at all they are the team to beat. That is crazy talk but not giving a undefeated ball club a chance in scary

Don't sweat it, 96.  Certainly, you will get definite disagreement with your assessment of the game,  However, most of us have been on the board long enough to decipher the difference between assessments made out of love of community (you) and someone just looking to cut wrestling promos simply because they are the jealous north end of a south bound mule.

3 hours ago, tennisbc said:

It seems to me that Liberty fans and supporters are talking more about this game than HJ, there next opponent. That will get you into trouble. Not saying the team and players are looking past HJ but some fans are. WOS can start the talk about Liberty due to that bye team is a lock. HJ is a very good team and will be a good game for Liberty. Hoping that Liberty and HJ come out injury free and WOS can heal up some of there players and get ready for phase 3 of the season (playoffs). 

you are speaking from this post specifically there is a total of 2 ppl and that is because this forum was made. Shouldn't have been. 

2 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

Don't sweat it, 96.  Certainly, you will get definite disagreement with your assessment of the game,  However, most of us have been on the board long enough to decipher the difference between assessments made out of love of community (you) and someone just looking to cut wrestling promos simply because they are the jealous north end of a south bound mule.

Now your being a Cyberbully:) lol

13 minutes ago, Goblin said:

Not to throw flames on the fire... but I know it will lol.  Calpreps has WOS and Liberty as #1 and #2 in D2 Region III.  Quarterfinal rematch?

This is the hidden content, please

Does calpreps still have that program where you plug the teams in and it gives you a simulated score?

yep

WOS 38

Liberty 14

That's not what I would predict but I'm keeping my mouth shut

If anything I'd say that's an awesome statement for our district and something Liberty AND WO-S can both be proud of even if it's just a computer spitting out numbers.

23 hours ago, Bronco94 said:

That's y'all's problem, you think they can't be beat, well bro, anybody can lose one. Liberty has a 50% chance of pulling this game off. I'm pulling for them and I hope they bring it to WOS and maybe shut some of you up a little.

50% chance huh?  I will save you some time; if you are ever weighing a career change.....NEVER try to be a Vegas oddsmaker.

13 hours ago, tennisbc said:

Uh, wasn't it you, a WO-S fan, that started this thread 2 weeks prior to game?

Pot, meet kettle.

Hmmm... Liberty #4 in the state behind Gladewater.  This ranking was before the games Friday.

Point being every ranking around has Liberty as the toughest competition yet, even ahead of Kennedale so spouting off about how WOS is gonna go 62-0 is just setting it up to either be embarrassing if it doesn't happen or just not very classy if it does.  I give Liberty props getting from where they were to where they are.  My two cents.

And yes this thread was unnecessary two weeks ahead of the game.

In my honest opinion. I have seen many teams in Div2 play this year and from what I have seen of Liberty they definitely have a great chance of making the 4th round this year. They will definitely win 1st and 2nd round in my opinion and if they played Gladewater it would be a very close game. They really aren't that amzing to watch. Go to Youtube and pull up Gilmer vs Gladewater and see for yourself. I will be taking that long trip to see HJ and Liberty this week. I think that it will be HJ in a close one!

People have got to stop suggesting that somehow because some random posters on SETX are talking about the WOS game before the HJ game, doesn't mean in any way shape or form that anyone is overlooking HJ. Especially not the players and coaches, who may read what gets said, but could care less. Yet week in and week out , all across this board, fans tell other fans "keep sleeping on us see what happens" as if someone underestimating your team has any affect on the outcome of the game.

I played hooky from school today so I thought I would chime in on the conversation. I’m glad WO-S posters have decided to pull back on the trash talk about Liberty…. Including myself. Just looking at the polls, I have a question for WO-S fans, who will Wharton play in the 1st or 2nd rounds? These guys are for real too, and last year they were a young team I believe. It seems that no one has been talking about them, and they probably like it that way.

Not to hijack the thread but since we still have 11 days to go oh well: Wharton is in Region 4 now so would have to make it through the gauntlet of the likes of Cuero and Navarro before there would be any chance of a rematch which wouldn't be until the Semifinals. They ARE looking pretty good in a tough district. Their regular season finale vs Cuero will be an interesting game to keep an eye on.

On 10/15/2016 at 2:15 PM, dj said:

To make that statement I hope u at least watched W.O play and not go on what people say on Web sites or just read abt them.and basing things or how liberty move the ball on other teams.this w.o team is a different animal and it will b hard for liberty to move the ball with the type of offense they run.my hope is hopefully liberty can get them back focused bc they get big leads sometimes and give up a few yards.

Amen to that this is a different wos team way different from last year and better no doubt

17 minutes ago, Goblin said:

Not to hijack the thread but since we still have 11 days to go oh well: Wharton is in Region 4 now so would have to make it through the gauntlet of the likes of Cuero and Navarro before there would be any chance of a rematch which wouldn't be until the Semifinals. They ARE looking pretty good in a tough district. Their regular season finale vs Cuero will be an interesting game to keep an eye on.

Goblin, you can hijack anytime you are loaded with information lol. Yeah, Cuero will be a load for anybody. The Tigers are worth keeping an eye on though.

On 10/15/2016 at 2:15 PM, dj said:

To make that statement I hope u at least watched W.O play and not go on what people say on Web sites or just read abt them.and basing things or how liberty move the ball on other teams.this w.o team is a different animal and it will b hard for liberty to move the ball with the type of offense they run.my hope is hopefully liberty can get them back focused bc they get big leads sometimes and give up a few yards.

Well is senior night for our players and also pink out so next Friday is going to be pack out and I will be with my horn blowing away GO MUSTANGS

3 hours ago, ladybug33 said:

I played hooky from school today so I thought I would chime in on the conversation. I’m glad WO-S posters have decided to pull back on the trash talk about Liberty…. Including myself. Just looking at the polls, I have a question for WO-S fans, who will Wharton play in the 1st or 2nd rounds? These guys are for real too, and last year they were a young team I believe. It seems that no one has been talking about them, and they probably like it that way.

Just to expand on what Goblin said.Region 4 is loaded with good teams this year.They have eleven teams with winning records.Region 3 on the other hand has only 5 at this point with Liberty / WO-S at 8-0.Region 4 also has two undefeated in Cuero and Navarro.Region 3 seems to have fewer quality teams than region 4.Going to be fun watching this all play out. 

50 minutes ago, GUNHO said:

Just to expand on what Goblin said.Region 4 is loaded with good teams this year.They have eleven teams with winning records.Region 3 on the other hand has only 5 at this point with Liberty / WO-S at 8-0.Region 4 also has two undefeated in Cuero and Navarro.Region 3 seems to have fewer quality teams than region 4.Going to be fun watching this all play out. 

despite how bad our region supposedly is, I think it will "all play out" with West Orange Stark as the state champions of Texas. 4AII of course. 

1 hour ago, GUNHO said:

Absolutely.