West Orange-Stark 51 Silsbee 2/FINAL

WOSgrad

4 minutes ago, kicker said:

Silsbee played good D tonight but anyone that was there, knows WOS stoped WOS in the first half. Fumbled snaps, dropped balls(touchdowns) and JD was throwing a tad high. Good luck to the Tigers the rest of the season.

They played real well and did a good job of making big plays in the 1H.  Can't blame them in the second.  When you are only getting 3 play breathers, tough to continue to make stops against a team with the playmakers the Stangs have.   

2 minutes ago, kicker said:

Silsbee played good D tonight but anyone that was there, knows WOS stoped WOS in the first half. Fumbled snaps, dropped balls(touchdowns) and JD was throwing a tad high. Good luck to the Tigers the rest of the season.

From listening to it the Tigers did a good job after those first two scores in the first half.  Stepped it up great in that half and got wore out in the second.  Forced a couple turnovers and took advantage of chances for a couple more.  And from the radio announcers we dropped a couple TDs ourselves.   That first half was where we failed to take advantage and that mustang d played a large part in that.  The second half well that was another story.

We all know that wo-s has a potential state championship team in football and is their strength but Silsbee is still a work in progress in football just like wo-s is a work in progress in basketball so Ino all honesty wo-s is a football school and Silsbee is a basketball school  so I see no harm in talking about it the kids already know that if wo-s whips them in football Silsbee will return the favor on the hardwood that's just the way it is yeah it's still football season but basketball season is coming 

15 minutes ago, ST413 said:

From listening to it the Tigers did a good job after those first two scores in the first half.  Stepped it up great in that half and got wore out in the second.  Forced a couple turnovers and took advantage of chances for a couple more.  And from the radio announcers we dropped a couple TDs ourselves.   That first half was where we failed to take advantage and that mustang d played a large part in that.  The second half well that was another story.

Uh...no, no forced turnovers by the Tigers.   One INt was legit. The rest were tipped balls and fumbled snaps

9 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Yes it is.  I don't think you will see any WOS fans doing much talking though.. I wouldn't think so anyway.  

W.o shouldn't talk at all !! I'm from w.o but I'm extremely proud of each and every kid from Silsbee. They are soooooooooo talented! !  Those kids fought as long as they could. And I'm sorry to say this but there coaching was horrible.  And I hope pray Tyler and a.thomas are ok.they might have ran maybe 5 or 6 different plays all night.  Those kids just need to working and gud things will happen. 

19 minutes ago, ST413 said:

Those kids fought there tails off. When ur running the same play over and over. Hard to win. Everyone in Silsbee outta b proud of those kids especially wen ur only running abt 5 or 6 plays the whole game.

8 minutes ago, MBaller#1 said:

We all know that wo-s has a potential state championship team in football and is their strength but Silsbee is still a work in progress in football just like wo-s is a work in progress in basketball so Ino all honesty wo-s is a football school and Silsbee is a basketball school  so I see no harm in talking about it the kids already know that if wo-s whips them in football Silsbee will return the favor on the hardwood that's just the way it is yeah it's still football season but basketball season is coming 

Silsbee has been really good at a lot of sports lately.  I don't know how many district championships they won last year alone but it was several between the boys and the girls.  But yes, basketball was obviously their best sport as they made it to the last game and their football team fell a few games short of that I think.  But even still, they are a few rings short of comparing their basketball program to WOS's football program.  I sincerely hope they stay 3 rings short this year and that WOS gets another football title and Silsbee gets that first one in hoops.  

3 minutes ago, wo-s#1 said:

I would like to know Tyler's stats,he had to run 50 times...

I don't think he got past 30 or even to 30 really. Didn't sound like he even had double digit carries in the 2h.  I am a bit surprised Thomas hasn't had more carries this year in general.  Kid was a beast last year.  And they really need to find a way to get Barnes touches.  As big as he is, at least on the track, he's probably going to be the fastest kid on the field 99 percent of the time.