West Orange-Stark 51 Silsbee 2/FINAL

WOSgrad

11 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I don't think he got past 30 or even to 30 really. Didn't sound like he even had double digit carries in the 2h.  I am a bit surprised Thomas hasn't had more carries this year in general.  Kid was a beast last year.  And they really need to find a way to get Barnes touches.  As big as he is, at least on the track, he's probably going to be the fastest kid on the field 99 percent of the time. 

They do the same play action pass route or fade every single time. Hard for him to get open when it seems there are only 3-4 passing plays in the playbook. 

WOS totally dominating both sides of the ball, early in the game. They got careless after that, and Silsbee started playing tough. WOS held Silsbee so many times in the red zone, it was crazy. WOS Defense is standard stifling. A blown call for holding in the end zone, calls back a 99 1/2 yd TD run, and gives Silsbee a 2 pt Safety. I can just imagine what happened in the field house at half time. WOS came back and just ran all over Silsbee. Silsbee needs better conditioning, as they just ran out of gas. WOS 51 - 2

33 minutes ago, wo-s#1 said:

Somebody tell us what happened on silsbee side,looked like a fight.

Well, it got kinda noisy over that way, and all I saw was a lady wearing a shirt that said "Jones's Mom" on the back yelling back up the stands at somebody. But I honestly wasn't very close and there was obviously more going on than just that. The police came, people left, and that was about it from my perspective. 

Big props to the Silsbee D. They had a heck of a first half. I hated WOS's uniforms. You can't read the numbers from the stands. 

Bye weeks suck. 

20 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I don't think he got past 30 or even to 30 really. Didn't sound like he even had double digit carries in the 2h.  I am a bit surprised Thomas hasn't had more carries this year in general.  Kid was a beast last year.  And they really need to find a way to get Barnes touches.  As big as he is, at least on the track, he's probably going to be the fastest kid on the field 99 percent of the time. 

It might surprise you but he was around 130 yards,Most of that was in the first half.Shaw for WO-S had about the same.Silsbee wound up with 111 yards for the game.That shows how much they lost in negative yards in the second half.

2 hours ago, ST413 said:

I am not there but have heard the radio announcers say we had our hands on two in the end zone that we dropped as well as one you dropped.

They had their hands on the ball, but both were out of bounds. One was 3 yds out of bounds, and both were dropped.

3 minutes ago, GUNHO said:

It might surprise you but he was around 130 yards,Most of that was in the first half.Shaw for WO-S had about the same.Silsbee wound up with 111 yards for the game.That shows how much they lost in negative yards in the second half.

Not all.  He has to have 100 on the 2 big plays Silsbee had on offense alone.  He took a pounding and kept after it.  Tough kid for sure. 

1 hour ago, ccsbasketballplayer said:

In all seriousness Silsbee is a good team could be great if they figure out the o-line and protect Jones. Defense came to play tonight. They just ran into brick wall that is the chain gang defense. 

Silsbee not in the condition WOS is. Silsbee ran out of gas in the 3rd quarter

25 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Well, it got kinda noisy over that way, and all I saw was a lady wearing a shirt that said "Jones's Mom" on the back yelling back up the stands at somebody. But I honestly wasn't very close and there was obviously more going on than just that. The police came, people left, and that was about it from my perspective. 

Big props to the Silsbee D. They had a heck of a first half. I hated WOS's uniforms. You can't read the numbers from the stands. 

Bye weeks suck. 

CB I'm disappointed  in you. Why wouldn't  you sit on the winning side?

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

What happened to the talk of Coach Thompson never running the score up on opponents?

Less than a minute left in game, up 44-2 and you are still passing? 5 wide? With 1st team?

Am I missing something?

I think Cornel got mad on the blown call in the endzone, giving Silsbee the safety, Then to cap that off, there was some kind flag thrown right in front of Thompson, and I think it was on him. His cap came off. From what I understand, when the cap comes off, he is really mad. I think that is what ran the score up. That is just my opinion though.

2 minutes ago, XX Man said:

I think Cornel got mad on the blown call in the endzone, giving Silsbee the safety, Then to cap that off, there was some kind flag thrown right in front of Thompson, and I think it was on him. His cap came off. From what I understand, when the cap comes off, he is really mad. I think that is what ran the score up. That is just my opinion though.

Why does that sound like Danny Ray? 

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

In all fairness, I think the last two were backup receivers.  

All I can say is he left starters in longer this game and the BC game than I've seen him do it. You'd have to ask him as to why....

One of the receivers, that caught a pass, was the 2nd string QB.

55 minutes ago, MBaller#1 said:

We all know that wo-s has a potential state championship team in football and is their strength but Silsbee is still a work in progress in football just like wo-s is a work in progress in basketball so Ino all honesty wo-s is a football school and Silsbee is a basketball school  so I see no harm in talking about it the kids already know that if wo-s whips them in football Silsbee will return the favor on the hardwood that's just the way it is yeah it's still football season but basketball season is coming 

Well, shoot. WOS is still playing football in December, when Silsbee has several weeks of basketball under their belts...............

53 minutes ago, wo-s#1 said:

Somebody tell us what happened on silsbee side,looked like a fight.

You talking about the mess on the track? I don't know, but I thought the same thing. Then, Silsbee did something to a WOS player, at the 50 yd line, after the ball was dead, but a WOS player jumped in and drug the WOS player back. The refs had their backs to it, and no flags were thrown. Frustration I imagine.

21 minutes ago, Tiger90 said:

Silsbee kids played hard but it was evident a lot of those turnovers were just sloppy play by WOS.  It was good to see some fire.   Silsbee offense is nonexisistent.  Sad really to go from breaking records to this.  

The kids need to just keep working.  

They have potential. They made a few good plays, but WOS made adjustments and that was the end of that.

8 minutes ago, XX Man said:

You talking about the mess on the track? I don't know, but I thought the same thing. Then, Silsbee did something to a WOS player, at the 50 yd line, after the ball was dead, but a WOS player jumped in and drug the WOS player back. The refs had their backs to it, and no flags were thrown. Frustration I imagine.

No this was in the stands then it moved by their concession stand.