West Orange-Stark 51 Silsbee 2/FINAL

WOSgrad

12 hours ago, Pepper Brooks said:

Used to be a lot of respect between the 2 fan bases, seems like some of the Stang fans need some humility

lol

I still respect Silsbee, always will. I ALWAYS pull for Silsbee come playoff time. But, you blame the WOS fan base for the (more than usual) talk that's gone on. You may want to go back to some things said this summer by Silsbee folks if you want to trace it to it's origin. I think several Silsbee fans understand that. Like I tell my kids... When you open your mouth in haste, be prepared for the backlash to follow... You don't get to choose how that will go. After this game, I believe things will get back to normal. 

7 hours ago, TxHoops said:

That kid is a hoss.  He's going to get his against just about anybody.  He's thunder and more thunder.  I also would guess about 90 percent of his yards against WOS came after contact.  I was more than impressed.  

for the record the RB you are speaking of is MINE :) and thank you 

10 hours ago, Tiger90 said:

Silsbee kids played hard but it was evident a lot of those turnovers were just sloppy play by WOS.  It was good to see some fire.   Silsbee offense is nonexisistent.  Sad really to go from breaking records to this.  

The kids need to just keep working.  

Tiger 90 that's what I said. Silsbee is so talented! ! ND I can't imagine why they want open the play book.  They can be really gud.with simple swing passes. Or show 4 wrs and then run ur backs.making to get guys out the box. Bc I think when they play with a chip on there shoulder they can b dangerous for any team.

9 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Man I would loved to have gotten some of that action!

i think Kennedale has a good chance to score.  In district, you are taking the under 3 points that were scored on them last year?

I don't want to speak to soon but with those offenses and WOS defense I just don't see it happening at the moment. You can be Rey assured I was nervous as hell and ready to pay up all this times Silsbee was in the Redzone. 

Contrary to popular belief, Silsbee D played excellent in the first half.  Silsbee got 3 interceptions (props to #22 for the first Silsbee int, my favorite player) .  Those weren't given, they were TAKEN. )for the ones that say WO-S made mistakes.  Whatever.  

Anywho, you have to score points in the red zone.  Dropped TD passes won't cut it.  Also, on the passing game, Jones has to play like a senior.  You can't take those big sacks and take safeties.  If you're out of the pocket, throw it to the line of scrimmage or throw it to someone's feet.  Also, those overthrown passes....  You can't do that and hope to wine against. State championship caliber team.  Tyler (lightening) did his thing in the first half, but props to the WO-S defense for running him down on those big runs.  Very rare that I've seen him run down from behind..

Second half, WO-S played even better D.  They scored a lot of points late in this one, but still, you have to play the whole game.  

I'm glad I was able to see this WO-S team...  The defense is good.  they are small, but they hit hard, don't miss tackles, and peruse like there is no tomorrow.  There is ever hardly Amy corners to turn.  They get after it EVERY play. WO-S one weakness is QB play, if you can call it a weakness.  You don't throw interceptions to young defenses and you're supposed to be one of the State's best.  And that fumble, that was all on the QB...  Other than that,  I have NO gripe at all in the WO-S football.  See you at state, and rest assured, you WILL be there.

Silsbee won't face another team like that this year.  I'm convinced that they will win district if the defense keeps playing like that...complete those passes, and silsbee will be fine.  

Sorry I'm replying so late, took an immediate drive to Houston following the game.

I went to WO-S side after halftime to sit with a friend.  thanks for the hospitality, minus a few jackarses I has to get on.  Lol

5 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Contrary to popular belief, Silsbee D played excellent in the first half.  Silsbee got 3 interceptions (props to #22 for the first Silsbee int, my favorite player) .  Those weren't given, they were TAKEN. )for the ones that say WO-S made mistakes.  Whatever.  

Anywho, you have to score points in the red zone.  Dropped TD passes won't cut it.  Also, on the passing game, Jones has to play like a senior.  You can't take those big sacks and take safeties.  If you're out of the pocket, throw it to the line of scrimmage or throw it to someone's feet.  Also, those overthrown passes....  You can't do that and hope to wine against. State championship caliber team.  Tyler (lightening) did his thing in the first half, but props to the WO-S defense for running him down on those big runs.  Very rare that I've seen him run down from behind..

Second half, WO-S played even better D.  They scored a lot of points late in this one, but still, you have to play the whole game.  

I'm glad I was able to see this WO-S team...  The defense is good.  they are small, but they hit hard, don't miss tackles, and peruse like there is no tomorrow.  There is ever hardly Amy corners to turn.  They get after it EVERY play. WO-S one weakness is QB play, if you can call it a weakness.  You don't throw interceptions to young defenses and you're supposed to be one of the State's best.  And that fumble, that was all on the QB...  Other than that,  I have NO gripe at all in the WO-S football.  See you at state, and rest assured, you WILL be there.

Silsbee won't face another team like that this year.  I'm convinced that they will win district if the defense keeps playing like that...complete those passes, and silsbee will be fine.  

Sorry I'm replying so late, took an immediate drive to Houston following the game.

I went to WO-S side after halftime to sit with a friend.  thanks for the hospitality, minus a few jackarses I has to get on.  Lol

This post was going nicely until then.  I guess if you consider the returning WRS winner your team's weakness, you might be one of the all time great teams.  Truth be told, Jack was not at his best last night.  And to have 4 TD passes on an off night speaks volume.  

As for that small defense, must be too small to block.  Cause they were having a party in that Silsbee backfield all night. 

Most impressive takeaway for me was the Tiger defense.  Score wasn't indicative of how well they played.  As has been pointed out many times, they simply got worn down in the 2h.  Offenses can't continue to have 3 play possessions and expect their defense to come up with big play after big play on an offense like WOS's.  They were able to do it for awhile but eventually got worn out. 

26 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Come on man!!!! Jack and his receiving core were playing volleyball in the first half. 2 of the INT's were tipped balls(by OUR) receivers. The other was just a bad read, I'll give Silsbee that one, dB had a hell of a jump. Kinda funny you say he's our weakness when he tore through your defense in the second half like 6 pack of Natty Light in a wet paper bag!!! For a kid to have 3ints and missing targets in the first half, Not get rattled what so ever and still have the numbers he had, that is what I call elite!

23 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

JD3 had his worst game of the year last night,he will fix what went wrong... p.s.your boy looked good and the pick he got was earned the other 2 were on Jack and the receiver!

Also, I ran into DPG(our RB coach) last night he said the holding call on Shaw in the end zone was bogus. He said it was a pancake block. Sure enough he was right, he posted the video on Facebook earlier, Shaw tore that kid up and pancaked him, no hold. I'll try to figure out how to post the vid on here. I'm sure he won't mind.

15 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

This post was going nicely until then.  I guess if you consider the returning WRS winner your team's weakness, you might be one of the all time great teams.  Truth be told, Jack was not at his best last night.  And to have 4 TD passes on an off night speaks volume.  

As for that small defense, must be too small to block.  Cause they were having a party in that Silsbee backfield all night. 

Most impressive takeaway for me was the Tiger defense.  Score wasn't indicative of how well they played.  As has been pointed out many times, they simply got worn down in the 2h.  Offenses can't continue to have 3 play possessions and expect their defense to come up with big play after big play on an offense like WOS's.  They were able to do it for awhile but eventually got worn out. 

No, not a knock on him at all, please don't take that from it, they played VERY well as a team, almost flawless at what they do.  The QB is good, but if you call it a weakness, then so be it.. on any other team, I definitely wouldn't be saying this...  And ibdidnt knock the stand defense either.  Don't twist it, please.  I was thoroughly impressed by there...

8 minutes ago, kicker said:

Come on man!!!! Jack and his receiving core we're playing volleyball in the first half. 2 of the INT's were tipped balls(by OUR) receivers. The other was just a bad read, I'll give Silsbee that one, dB had a hell of a jump. Kinda funny you say he's our weakness when he tore through your defense in the second half like 6 pack of Natty Light in a wet paper bag!!! For a kid to have 3ints and missing targets in the first half, Not get rattled what so ever and still have the numbers he had, that is what I call elite!

Again, no knock, but more of a compliment to the team as a whole, but what I spoke was truths.  He did finish with a few touchdowns and over 200 yards passing, which is a heck of a game.  

Please read the content for what it is, not how you want it twisted to...

10 minutes ago, kicker said:

Come on man!!!! Jack and his receiving core we're playing volleyball in the first half. 2 of the INT's were tipped balls(by OUR) receivers. The other was just a bad read, I'll give Silsbee that one, dB had a hell of a jump. Kinda funny you say he's our weakness when he tore through your defense in the second half like 6 pack of Natty Light in a wet paper bag!!! For a kid to have 3ints and missing targets in the first half, Not get rattled what so ever and still have the numbers he had, that is what I call elite!

My favorite player...  

2 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

No, not a knock on him at all, please don't take that from it, they played VERY well as a team, almost flawless at what they do.  The QB is good, but if you call it a weakness, then so be it.. on any other team, I definitely wouldn't be saying this...  And ibdidnt knock the stand defense either.  Don't twist it, please.  I was thoroughly impressed by there...

Ok, I got you. You meant last night he was the weakness(kind of misleading word) in the first half then I'll give it to him 50% and his receivers 50%. JD was throwing a tad too high and you never see KJ miss anything that touches his hands. Was frustrating to see. They fixed it though.

11 minutes ago, kicker said:

Smh...  Still counts as a turnover...  Gives the other team the ball.  Don't matter how it happened...

Why am I even having this conversation with a sports fan about HOW and interception happened?

I did give Silsbee D their props though, they came to play. We just have too many weapons. IMO, we should have given Shaw another 20 carries. Kid was getting 8 plus every time he carried. Also he's DEADLY on the screen pass. Not sure why we didn't run it. Shaw has arguably the best hands on our team.

11 minutes ago, kicker said:

Ok, I got you. You meant last night he was the weakness(kind of misleading word) in the first half then I'll give it to him 50% and his receivers 50%. JD was throwing a tad too high and you never see KJ miss anything that touches his hands. Was frustrating to see. They fixed it though.

Exactly...  Yes...  That's it...

Now that I've seen the champs in person, ill be really hard and crucial on them from here on out.  I know how good that are and how they could be.  

14 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Gotcha.  When you said QB "is" their weakness instead of "was", it sounded more in general instead of one game (which would obviously be a silly comment).  

Good luck to the Tigers and #22 the rest of the way!

9 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Smh...  Still counts as a turnover...  Gives the other team the ball.  Don't matter how it happened...

Why am I even having this conversation with a sports fan about HOW and interception happened?

Because you had stated that they were TAKEN. if the ball would have been caught then it wouldn't have been an interception 

16 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

The reason he said that is because of your comment of how those interceptions were taken and not given. Which I have to agree with them, the pick #22 had was a great play by him, broke on the ball perfectly!! the others were because of WOS mistakes. Same with the fumble that was qbs fault. That was a given as well.