Trump and Tulsa shooting- wow

Big girl

On September 23, 2016 at 7:38 PM, baddog said:

Heard she will be charged with manslaughter. Not sure the penalty or if there are extenuating circumstances. The facts point to her guilt. I feel for the man who was shot.

The way the law is written, I'm not sure the facts point to her guilt, to be honest.  They point possibly to her doing her job poorly in this situation, but the prosecution is going to have a hard time proving what went through her mind during this situation, which is essentially what they'll have to do.  While being armed makes a big difference in these cases, it's not required that a suspect be armed for a cop to be justified in shooting them.  The Mike Brown case is one example, although this case would fall more in the category of guys who commit suicide by cop by reaching into their waistband to make cops shoot them, or someone being shot pulling out a cellphone to record the cops when being told to show their hands.  Although this guy was not doing this exactly, the officer will say that the suspect was clearly high on something (he obviously was), he repeatedly refused orders to stop (he did), he was too big for her to try and subdue, especially if he was on PCP as she suspected,  and he returned to his car and appeared to either try to reach through his window or open the door (Which can be seen in the video from the helicopter).  It will be the prosecution's job to prove that, despite all of those statements being  obviously true, it was unreasonable for her to fear that he may be retrieving a weapon, and I doubt they can do that.  Again, I am not defending the cop or how she did her job, and I do believe that this situation could've been handled differently and not resulted in this guy getting shot.  I am merely pointing out why it would be difficult to convict her of manslaughter.  I saw an interview with an apparently (I didn't recognize him and don't remember his name) well-known African American attorney who was previously a prosecutor and is now a defense attorney.  He stated that he would much rather defend this case than prosecute it.

On September 23, 2016 at 6:19 PM, Big girl said:

So many black men have gotten shot, as of late, it is easy to confuse the situations. I have 2 boys so I make an effort to not listen to details on every single case. It upsets me and it upsets them. I was made aware of this particular killing by my sister. I then did research

Since you get so upset about them, it might be prudent for you to research them more often, and if you can't bring yourself to do that because it upsets you too much, then it would be even more prudent for you to not reference them in your arguments.  If people would take the time to know the facts in these shootings, they'd realize the vast majority of the shootings are completely justified (but that goes against what they want to believe).  Take this case that you referenced but knew nothing about, and which has been protested in Charlotte recently.  The man was seen rolling a blunt by two undercover police officers in his car.  They were on a warrant service, looking for a suspect, so they weren't going to mess with him.  For unknown reasons (possibly because he was high?), he began displaying or playing with a gun in his car, which the officers witnessed.  Due to the fact that they knew he was high, and now knew he had a weapon, he took priority over the suspect they were trying to find.  They placed vests on identifying them as police, and approached his vehicle telling him to get out with his hands up.  Instead he got out with the gun in his hand, and after ignoring several commands to drop the gun, he made some sort of movement that led a (African American) cop to shoot him.  There is video that shows the gun on the ground next to his body seconds after he was shot, and in the body cam video you can hear multiple officers telling him to drop the weapon.  

there, I did your research for you.  Now there is no reason for you to ever bring this case up again, unless you're using it as an example of a perfectly reasonable cop shooting that was used as an excuse to protest, riot, and loot.

37 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

I thought he was a sweet, innocent 9 yr old boy like the picture the media released?

Poor Nash.  You didn't follow the case , yet you are making a comment. Zimmerman was only a 198 lbs when he had the encounter with Martin. Why don't you do some research. I am guessing that you didn't watch the trial. Smh....He was a 17 year old who didn't deserve to die.

5 hours ago, bullets13 said:

Since you get so upset about them, it might be prudent for you to research them more often, and if you can't bring yourself to do that because it upsets you too much, then it would be even more prudent for you to not reference them in your arguments.  If people would take the time to know the facts in these shootings, they'd realize the vast majority of the shootings are completely justified (but that goes against what they want to believe).  Take this case that you referenced but knew nothing about, and which has been protested in Charlotte recently.  The man was seen rolling a blunt by two undercover police officers in his car.  They were on a warrant service, looking for a suspect, so they weren't going to mess with him.  For unknown reasons (possibly because he was high?), he began displaying or playing with a gun in his car, which the officers witnessed.  Due to the fact that they knew he was high, and now knew he had a weapon, he took priority over the suspect they were trying to find.  They placed vests on identifying them as police, and approached his vehicle telling him to get out with his hands up.  Instead he got out with the gun in his hand, and after ignoring several commands to drop the gun, he made some sort of movement that led a (African American) cop to shoot him.  There is video that shows the gun on the ground next to his body seconds after he was shot, and in the body cam video you can hear multiple officers telling him to drop the weapon.  

there, I did your research for you.  Now there is no reason for you to ever bring this case up again, unless you're using it as an example of a perfectly reasonable cop shooting that was used as an excuse to protest, riot, and loot.

Whatever, I never made reference to a case that I knew nothing about. I said I didn't know anything about this case. Can you not read?. My boys get really upset so I dont focus on the killings. 

58 minutes ago, Big girl said:

Poor Nash.  You didn't follow the case , yet you are making a comment. Zimmerman was only a 198 lbs when he had the encounter with Martin. Why don't you do some research. I am guessing that you didn't watch the trial. Smh....He was a 17 year old who didn't deserve to die.

Poor Nash, huh?   198 pounds for someone 5 foot 7 is considerably overweight.  Try harder.

On September 23, 2016 at 10:43 AM, Big girl said:

I think a similar incident occured in Charlotte. I dont know the details

This is you referencing the other shooting.

you admit to not knowing the details, but describe it as "similar to Charlotte".  The only similarity was that a black man was killed by police.  That's why I said you shouldn't reference shootings that you don't know the details to, and then gave you the details of what happened. You've referenced Mike Brown before, too.