Trending on SEtx

PAMFAM10

The top arguments we been having are kaps protest. Race relations. And presidential election.

Im posting this to clear my views on the issues.

KAP PROTEST:

The first thing I'll say is I'm a proud American.

I don't care much about our founding fathers the writers of the constitution. Etc. I don't believe them to be Honest,Christians, or even to their standards good countrymen. These were mass murders, land thieves kidnapping Thugs in my honest opinion. So the National Anthem don't mean much to me as to some of you. 

But since a lot of you guys love the constitution so much....

How can you complain that Obama is trying to take away your second amendment and cry about it daily then turn full circle and try to take away someone first amendment to protest the national anthem. 

Ive heard time and time again how Americans are to soft theses days and always offended about something. Is it safe to say KAP has offended a lot of you.

"Oh say does that star spangled banner yet wave Over the land of the FREE." 1814 Francis Scott Key. 

In 1814 we still had slaves in 1931 when it official became anthem. This country was segregated blacks had little to no rights.

RACE RELATIONS:

1526-1863 -*Texas 1865 Slaves Property 

1964 Civil rights Act.

330 years slaves 151 years Free. (2/3 of that under Jim Crow)

1956 UT 1963 Alabama allowed blacks on campus ( other northeastern schools was way ahead allowing blacks in universities late 1850s)

Long story short if my grandfather couldn't vote. Or even attend certain colleges. Living in Jim Crow I'll assume it was very hard for him to complete with his white peers. My mom was born in 1962 making her the first from my family tree to live equally as her white peers (Jim crow still) have since  the mayflower in 1620. I was born in 1992 and is told whites have no economic advantages over me. And it's because of the failures of my own for our current reality. Then call me a racist or race baiter if I suggest otherwise.

seriously X family live free for 500years Y family lives under captivity for 350 130 sort of free 70years as free as X family. What family would you bet on to be more further ahead.

ELECTION : Republican will win.

not in 2016 but will win. Hillary wins you guys win2020 easily Trump win. Mid 2018 you all can just paint him as a liberal in disguise. Still win. 2020 .

2 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

The top arguments we been having are kaps protest. Race relations. And presidential election.

KAP PROTEST:

I don't care much about our founding fathers the writers of the constitution. Etc. I don't believe them to be Honest,Christians, or even to their standards good countrymen. These were mass murders, land thieves kidnapping Thugs in my honest opinion. So the National Anthem don't mean much to me as to some of you. 

How can you complain that Obama is trying to take away your second amendment and cry about it daily then turn full circle and try to take away someone first amendment to protest the national anthem. 

Ive heard time and time again how Americans are to soft theses days and always offended about something. Is it safe to say KAP has offended a lot of you.

"Oh say does that star spangled banner yet wave Over the land of the FREE." 1814 Francis Scott Key. 

In 1814 we still had slaves in 1931 when it official became anthem. This country was segregated blacks had little to no rights.

RACE RELATIONS:

1964 Civil rights Act.

1956 UT 1963 Alabama allowed blacks on campus ( other northeastern schools was way ahead allowing blacks in universities late 1850s)

Long story short if my grandfather couldn't vote. Or even attend certain colleges. Living in Jim Crow I'll assume it was very hard for him to complete with his white peers. My mom was born in 1962 making her the first from my family tree to live equally as her white peers (Jim crow still) have since  the mayflower in 1620. I was born in 1992 and is told whites have no economic advantages over me. And it's because of the failures of my own for our current reality. Then call me a racist or race baiter if I suggest otherwise.

seriously X family live free for 500years Y family lives under captivity for 350 130 sort of free 70years as free as X family. What family would you bet on to be more further ahead.

not in 2016 but will win. Hillary wins you guys win2020 easily Trump win. Mid 2018 you all can just paint him as a liberal in disguise. Still win. 2020 .

My sentiments exactly

My great-great grandfather was a full blood Cherokee that was driven from his land by the whites.  The Indians suffered mightily at the hands of the white people.  I do not sit around and cry woe is me because of what happened to my ancestors.  As bad as it was for the blacks, at some point you have to move on and stop living in the past.

What is there to debate? Simple history. I never owned any slaves and you never picked cotton. Why are you so concerned with your people's history and plight when you haven't uttered one word in regards to the plight of your people in Africa who are being enslaved and murdered by the thousands as we speak. You are a huge fake about your sentiments. I guess their problems can't empower you or supply some sort of monetary values. Live in the past. You are the one it affects. My conscience is clear as a bell.

44 minutes ago, baddog said:

What is there to debate? Simple history. I never owned any slaves and you never picked cotton. Why are you so concerned with your people's history and plight when you haven't uttered one word in regards to the plight of your people in Africa who are being enslaved and murdered by the thousands as we speak. You are a huge fake about your sentiments. I guess their problems can't empower you or supply some sort of monetary values. Live in the past. You are the one it affects. My conscience is clear as a bell.

You do a great job of just talking out the a$$ My people in Africa??? Are you consern about your people in Europe??? Who said I live in the past. I study the past for a true understanding. It have nothing to do with you owning slaves or me picking cotton. Answer the question I asked family y or family x

If you continually bring up the past, then you are living it. If you consider yourself kin to all the blacks in this country before, then why do you not feel a connection to your kin in Africa? I don't talk through my keester. I feel strongly about anything I say. I am sick of hearing about the slave days. I was one of the few in the 60S attempting to extend my hand to blacks. Some accepted but most bit.

3 minutes ago, baddog said:

If you continually bring up the past, then you are living it. If you consider yourself kin to all the blacks in this country before, then why do you not feel a connection to your kin in Africa? I don't talk through my keester. I feel strongly about anything I say. I am sick of hearing about the slave days. I was one of the few in the 60S attempting to extend my hand to blacks. Some accepted but most bit.

Yes because somehow baddog makes the rules? Just answer my question and stop ducking.

I make no rules. If your question is about the 1st and 2nd amendments, everyone has the right to protest and say what they feel as long as no threats are involved. I don't believe spitting on the flag as part of free speech. Obama trying to take guns....this country was founded with guns, defended with guns, and most gun owners are law-abiding citizens. The nut cases and gangster keep the murder rates high, but they are such a small percentage of gun owners....legally anyway.

Now quit ducking my question. You feel for the old Africans (Americans), but not the new. What gives?

I don't know about all that.....But I can say, I'm a 3rd generation immigrant...legal immigrant that is. My Grandfather came here and worked as a brick mason, raised 5 children and then soon to be disable grandmother....needless to say pretty dang poor.

For the most part all 5 children, the 4 boys anyway went to work in the oilfield AFTER serving in the military (not a single college educated one among them) and raised the level of living for my generation of brother, sisters and cousins.

Today, in my generation we are a cross section of retired Marine Officers, Brain surgeons, Engineering, and nurses, with anywhere from no college education to umpteen years of med school......

ONLY 3 generations.......the main reason I see this success in my own family is as follows:

1) Faith
2) Family values
3) Belief in education
4) Love of country
5) Hard work

I can't accept it when a family or an individual in this GREAT country says things like, it's not fair...we were to poor......it is the fairest country in the entire world, it has more opportunity for the poor than any other country in the entire world.......it's ALL about choices...and choices have consequences...effort has consequences....

8 minutes ago, stevenash said:

The dems have convinced so many to embrace the " I am a victim" stance

and they are victims, no doubt about that. there's is a saying.... everything happens for a reason....sometimes that reason is you're just stupid.... they are victims of their own choices....no one else's PERIOD!

8 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

KAP PROTEST:

RACE RELATIONS:

1964 Civil rights Act.

First off, I have not heard one single person say that Kaepernick doesn't have the right to protest. I've heard people question his right to protest while wearing his uniform, which is a valid question. The Liberals are the ones screaming from the rooftops that he has a right to protest...screaming at people who have never denied this. But if someone exercises their 1st amendment right by saying how they feel about his protest, then the Liberals scream Kaepernick is being denied his rights. It is actually pathetic and comical at the same time. He is perpetuating victimhood on a false narrative. The Liberals know it, so they try to paint anyone pointing this out as right-wing nutcases trying to deny Kaepernick's rights. And you eat it up with a spoon.

Your only arguments in race relations happened 50+ years ago. I see you failed to give Whites credit for freeing the slaves. I see you failed to give Whites credit for repealing Jim Crow laws. I see you failed to give Whites credit for passing Civil Rights laws, including Affirmative Actions laws that give Blacks an unfair advantage in hiring practices. I see you failed to give Whites credit for the trillions (yes trillions) of dollars spent on welfare programs aimed exclusively to minority communities. I plainly see your victimhood mentality.

Fifty plus years ago it was common for parents to discipline children with corporal punishment. It was common for parents to permit (and even encourage) kids over the age of five to roam the neighborhoods freely. It was common to leave kids in a car while the parent ran into the grocery store. It was acceptable for a complete stranger to discipline a misbehaving child. All of these things would land a person in prison now-a-days. I lived through that. So can I now blame my parents for their actions long ago? You are trying to judge the actions of our fore-fathers and founding fathers based on today's standards. By your own admission you should save some of that hatred for Obama. After all, he was against gay marriage just ten years ago. Why do you judge White people on actions 50+ years ago but give Black people a pass on actions 10+ plus years ago?

If Hillary wins then hopefully we will voting for the first president of the new independent Texas Republic in short order. If Trump wins, we won't wait to 2018 to paint him as a Liberal in disguise...he already is a Liberal in disguise. The last two speeches I heard from him were disgusting. I actually had to turn the channel before I lost my lunch. But he is still head and shoulders above Hillary.

31 minutes ago, Englebert said:

First off, I have not heard one single person say that Kaepernick doesn't have the right to protest. I've heard people question his right to protest while wearing his uniform, which is a valid question. The Liberals are the ones screaming from the rooftops that he has a right to protest...screaming at people who have never denied this. But if someone exercises their 1st amendment right by saying how they feel about his protest, then the Liberals scream Kaepernick is being denied his rights. It is actually pathetic and comical at the same time. He is perpetuating victimhood on a false narrative. The Liberals know it, so they try to paint anyone pointing this out as right-wing nutcases trying to deny Kaepernick's rights. And you eat it up with a spoon.

Your only arguments in race relations happened 50+ years ago. I see you failed to give Whites credit for freeing the slaves. I see you failed to give Whites credit for repealing Jim Crow laws. I see you failed to give Whites credit for passing Civil Rights laws, including Affirmative Actions laws that give Blacks an unfair advantage in hiring practices. I see you failed to give Whites credit for the trillions (yes trillions) of dollars spent on welfare programs aimed exclusively to minority communities. I plainly see your victimhood mentality.

Fifty plus years ago it was common for parents to discipline children with corporal punishment. It was common for parents to permit (and even encourage) kids over the age of five to roam the neighborhoods freely. It was common to leave kids in a car while the parent ran into the grocery store. It was acceptable for a complete stranger to discipline a misbehaving child. All of these things would land a person in prison now-a-days. I lived through that. So can I now blame my parents for their actions long ago? You are trying to judge the actions of our fore-fathers and founding fathers based on today's standards. By your own admission you should save some of that hatred for Obama. After all, he was against gay marriage just ten years ago. Why do you judge White people on actions 50+ years ago but give Black people a pass on actions 10+ plus years ago?

If Hillary wins then hopefully we will voting for the first president of the new independent Texas Republic in short order. If Trump wins, we won't wait to 2018 to paint him as a Liberal in disguise...he already is a Liberal in disguise. The last two speeches I heard from him were disgusting. I actually had to turn the channel before I lost my lunch. But he is still head and shoulders above Hillary.

My bad for not giving whites credit on freeing slaves they enslaved I mean it only took a war right? Lmao. Texas will be apart of the U.S. You can leave if you want. And the forefathers wasn't ignorant to the fact they in they own words said all men are created equal. Liberty and justice for all. Then went home to slaves. By the way why have no one yet to answer my question on family x and y ???

SETX.

18 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

My bad for not giving whites credit on freeing slaves they enslaved I mean it only took a war right? Lmao. Texas will be apart of the U.S. You can leave if you want. And the forefathers wasn't ignorant to the fact they in they own words said all men are created equal. Liberty and justice for all. Then went home to slaves. By the way why have no one yet to answer my question on family x and y ???

SETX.

Yes, hopefully Texas will be "apart" from the U.S. And if you hate our forefathers and constitution so much, you are welcome to leave. We have already topped our quota of those with victimhood mentalities.

And your knowledge of the Civil war is severely flawed if you think it was started and fought over slavery. (You must be reading those secret history books Bluedove is so found of.) It is hilarious how you can state a false premise then say you are lmao. Sounds like a second grader calling the teacher a retard then "lmao".

Your question went unanswered because it is so juvenile it sounded rhetorical. But if you insist on a answer, I'll give the obvious one. The family that has received free food, housing, education, transportation, preference in hiring, all amenities, etc. for the last 50 years should be the family that is ahead of the one that has received little or no help, according to Liberal ideology. But Liberals fail to recognize that all this free stuff deprives one of the will to better oneself, thus enslaving one to the almighty government, and therefore creating a welfare state. Common knowledge that applies to any group, regardless of race. 

Heard someone state today that the Libs take great pride in claiming that they "care" so much more about minorities, women, and other :"marginalized" groups.  Only problem is that these folks are no better off despite all of that "caring".  Wondering if those receiving so much "care and concern" will ever wake up and realize there is a big difference between lip service and actual results?

This is no less true for poor white kids living in those trailers over in kenefick than it is for poor black kids in any other town...poverty and getting out of poverty is a problem all by itself, it doesn't belong to a certain skin color. I honestly thing that racial tension is a convenient way for the powerful to divide the rest of us. If it weren't for racial tensions, we might look around and decide that the real thing "holding us down" are government regulations that stifle opportunities and draconian drug laws that serve only to put poor people in prisons and fix nothing, but instead of working class people uniting, marching and slinging batteries at deluded and corrupt government officials, we're too busy arguing at each other about a the protest of some football player

forget all the black/white statistics.....I'd be willing to bet that 99.999999% of the people who get beat up or shot by police are living at or below the poverty line, nobody in a gated community driving a lexus causes cops to "fear for their lives"

38 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

SETX.

I did answer your question.....you left off a letter (choice) "Z" ... poor white immigrants that didn't get a damn thing handed to them..wasn't a part of the history you speak of....yet in just 3 short generations became a successful contributor to society. You just didn't like my answer....

So, I'll pick (from your choices) "X" ... because more than likely they did it just how I explained family "Z" ....came here, worked hard, got educated, and improved the means in which they existed...from one generation to the next....very FEW Americans "owned" slaves by comparison to the entire population.

"At the peak of black slavery in the South, only 6 percent of Southern whites owned slaves. If you include the white people in the North, it means that only 1.4 percent of white Americans owned black slaves at the HEIGHT of slavery. "

Now you answer my question:

Family "X" is the most discriminated against, persecuted, hated people in the history of the world (JEWS) .... Family "Y" is the same family "Y" you speak of....Which family do you choose?

This whole slave owning thing is absolutely terrible.... it happened, it's a bad part of our great history...a very small part I might add......but the numbers you choose to argue are similar to the narrative that cops kill unarmed black men.......what is that statistic...like 1%.......come on man! 

PAMFAM, good post, but my take is a little different.

KAP - Of course it's his right to protest, however, sitting out the National Anthem has nothing to do with how minorities are treated. It's like I refuse to eat popcorn because cows are slaughtered inhumanely. I feel he is disrespecting anyone who has ever served this country, including minorities, by not standing. It's his opinion, his right to do so.

RACE - Our history is ugly, as you pointed out. Its 2016. You and I should have the same opportunities, and be treated equally. If we dont, let's work on it!

ELECTIONS - Whoever wins, everybody loses... I'm about sick of all of of it!

Again, good post, and thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. 

1 hour ago, gohornets23 said:

This is no less true for poor white kids living in those trailers over in kenefick than it is for poor black kids in any other town...poverty and getting out of poverty is a problem all by itself, it doesn't belong to a certain skin color. I honestly thing that racial tension is a convenient way for the powerful to divide the rest of us. If it weren't for racial tensions, we might look around and decide that the real thing "holding us down" are government regulations that stifle opportunities and draconian drug laws that serve only to put poor people in prisons and fix nothing, but instead of working class people uniting, marching and slinging batteries at deluded and corrupt government officials, we're too busy arguing at each other about a the protest of some football player

forget all the black/white statistics.....I'd be willing to bet that 99.999999% of the people who get beat up or shot by police are living at or below the poverty line, nobody in a gated community driving a lexus causes cops to "fear for their lives"

Good post