Trending on SEtx

PAMFAM10

30 minutes ago, new tobie said:

Texas should be given back to mexico and we should ask for a refund for Louisiana 

while we are at it lets give north America back to the native americans.....also lets redesign the national flag as well since it offends everyone as well as the national anthem.  Maybe good ole kanye can come up with a new song for us.

13 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

Again you swing but you miss it have nothing to do with white people my post wasn't to condemn whites nor slave owners. Poor whites who came over still had the privilege of being white. They could go to schools they could find jobs they had it way better off than blacks.... I know this might be hard for you to just admit. You keep throwing out silly stuff like. Oh what about the poor whites. Ok

This part I can agree with.....but that is no longer true today....or at least doesn't have to be...that was my only point about "my" family and JUST 3 generations........do you agree, that IF a black family today that is poor of the poorest just up and decided to "fix" their family tree...push love of God, family (don't get pregnant, both parents raise their kids)....respect, hard work and education that in as short a time as 3 generations their grand kids could be pretty well off even as a black person in todays society and rules.

46 minutes ago, new tobie said:

The founding fathers were just people. In todays times they might be ordinary people. Textbooks make some of them look great

Maybe you should read a little more. Sounds like you haven't the foggiest clue as to what went into the writing of the Articles of Confederation, the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution and the Bill Of Rights. They didn't just cut and paste from other documents.

12 minutes ago, new tobie said:

Yes, and many people around here dont even want to celebrate his holiday or believe that he deserves one

Kinda hard to believe since he does have a holiday. You just throw stuff out there to see if it sticks, huh?

Doesn't every town have to have an MLK street? Just think of the cost of changing street signs alone. Like I said, hard to believe.

2 hours ago, baddog said:

Kinda hard to believe since he does have a holiday. You just throw stuff out there to see if it sticks, huh?

Doesn't every town have to have an MLK street? Just think of the cost of changing street signs alone. Like I said, hard to believe.

there are way more towns in setx without a mlk street than with one