Bridge city, next week and beyond.

BC Cardinal97

6 hours ago, wosfan1992 said:

Remember when i say this, BC will win district. Silsbee will NOT be able to stop them offensively. Abd poor Navasota, idk what to say about them.

Havent heard this before at all...

All Silsbee needed was a little humility.  Those young men are learning with every practice and game.

I guess everyone forgot that Silsbee wasn't stopping anyone defensively last season. Mind boggling.

Keep it coming. They will keep showing up and there has been very few teams with their preseason schedule to date.

The game against Silsbee will be beneficial, even for the almighty world beating Stangs.

8 hours ago, LCM17 said:

I really thought WOS would have kept them under a 100 yards like they did Nederland and Us. I think they had 135? He ran for like 119. I mean he pretty much was the whole team

I personally applaud the kid from not given up.even though the game was out of reach he still ran hard ND didn't give up.

20 hours ago, jimmyw said:

I hope B C  has a bye soon because if they only have one hoss the continually pounding will take him  down to 50%.Now almost any of us would get roughed up by W O S. Don't know how Newton will handle him but he will get peppered I believe.

They get two weeks off after this one lol , one of there opponents dropped out 

On 9/10/2016 at 1:41 PM, LCM17 said:

I really thought WOS would have kept them under a 100 yards like they did Nederland and Us. I think they had 135? He ran for like 119. I mean he pretty much was the whole team

He had one long run on the final play before halftime that helped to pad those stats. He runs hard and is a load to tackle, but our D might have nodded off a little because BC went with a quick snap and the clock was almost to 00:00.

He is easily the best weapon on their offense. BC will bounce back from this and it won't shock me if they win the district. The Newton and Silsbee matchups will be close games.  

13 minutes ago, griff said:

He had one long run on the final play before halftime that help to pad those stats. He runs hard and is a load to tackle, but our D might have nodded off a little because BC went with a quick snap and the clock was almost to 00:00.

He is easily the best weapon on their offense. BC will bounce back from this and it won't shock me if they win the district. The Newton and Silsbee matchups will be close games.  

Hopefully LCM will key on him...

1 hour ago, td said:

They said they could throw the ball, they just chose not to! 

I would have chosen not to as well.  Seemed like more often than not when they did, one of the kids in Silver ended up with the ball.  

As Stanley from The Office would say, it became a "run out the clock situation."  Pretty much by late in the 1st quarter.  

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

I would have chosen not to as well.  Seemed like more often than not when they did, one of the kids in Silver ended up with the ball.  

As Stanley from The Office would say, it became a "run out the clock situation."  Pretty much by late in the 1st quarter.  

Definitely over by half being down 25-0 and having NO downfield passing ability. 

2 minutes ago, WOS95 said:

BC will be fine...but they need to stop putting the ball on the ground so much...

That's the truth... on two separate drives we picked up decent first down yardage, then ran a pitch outside with the edge set and what appeared to be daylight in the secondary, only to drop the pitch and have to fall on the ball with close to ten yards lost.... 1st and 10, 2nd and 6, 3rd and 15.... we just couldn't convert third and long on that defense... there aren't many third and long plays in our playbook.  

The Center/QB exchange has been a problem since the season began.  I think we were down to maybe three fumbles on that exchange this week.  It's hard to play 4 yards and a cloud of dust when you lose a down to fumbling, if not losing possession.  I don't know how it's fixed, but it needs to be.  We're shooting ourselves in the foot.  

I think the team will bounce back this week and match up well with Newton.  Two consecutive byes, then we open district play with Cleveland and LCM.  They would seem to be our most favorable district matchups, but the last part of our schedule is a grinder.  HH will be good, and it looks like Silsbee is starting to find their identity.  

It all comes down to how the team overcomes the distraction that they created for themselves last week, and if we are able to replace the missing part of our secondary.  It will be interesting to see.  

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 4:01 PM, Silsbee92 said:

Havent heard this before at all...

All Silsbee needed was a little humility.  Those young men are learning with every practice and game.

I guess everyone forgot that Silsbee wasn't stopping anyone defensively last season. Mind boggling.

Keep it coming. They will keep showing up and there has been very few teams with their preseason schedule to date.

The game against Silsbee will be beneficial, even for the almighty world beating Stangs.

You're right there, but yalls offense was also scoring close to 50 points a game as well

As was repeatedly said last week, Dubois runs a one dimensional offense. You can claim to be able to throw the ball, but when the time comes that you NEED to, you can't. It was the same at HJ, whose fans said the SAME thing - "We can pass. We just haven't had to." Those teams fared no better. He will win you some games, but the ceiling is low. Think Ryan Fitzpatrick.

5 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

That's the truth... on two separate drives we picked up decent first down yardage, then ran a pitch outside with the edge set and what appeared to be daylight in the secondary, only to drop the pitch and have to fall on the ball with close to ten yards lost.... 1st and 10, 2nd and 6, 3rd and 15.... we just couldn't convert third and long on that defense... there aren't many third and long plays in our playbook.  

The Center/QB exchange has been a problem since the season began.  I think we were down to maybe three fumbles on that exchange this week.  It's hard to play 4 yards and a cloud of dust when you lose a down to fumbling, if not losing possession.  I don't know how it's fixed, but it needs to be.  We're shooting ourselves in the foot.  

I think the team will bounce back this week and match up well with Newton.  Two consecutive byes, then we open district play with Cleveland and LCM.  They would seem to be our most favorable district matchups, but the last part of our schedule is a grinder.  HH will be good, and it looks like Silsbee is starting to find their identity.  

It all comes down to how the team overcomes the distraction that they created for themselves last week, and if we are able to replace the missing part of our secondary.  It will be interesting to see.  

What about Sota?I know they are 0-3 but a poster on another board said they want lose a district game.That's a bold statement for a 0-3 team.

5 hours ago, WOS99 said:

As was repeatedly said last week, Dubois runs a one dimensional offense. You can claim to be able to throw the ball, but when the time comes that you NEED to, you can't. It was the same at HJ, whose fans said the SAME thing - "We can pass. We just haven't had to." Those teams fared no better. He will win you some games, but the ceiling is low. Think Ryan Fitzpatrick.

That Slot T, as BC and Vidor run it, is an awesome rushing offense.  IF you had a QB who was suited for it, who could actually pass, with a couple of good receivers, it would be very difficult to stop by anyone.  To my knowledge, that hasn't happened yet in our area.

3 hours ago, GUNHO said:

What about Sota?I know they are 0-3 but a poster on another board said they want lose a district game.That's a bold statement for a 0-3 team.

Lol!!!  You right. My prediction still might happen for that district. High possibility. I guess they thought everything was gonna be all peaches and cream after Fedora left. Welp……. 

Silsbee

BC

Navasota

LCM 

In that order.