West Orange-Stark 42 Nederland 0/FINAL

WOSgrad

2 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I dont think this game was a tank job, not after hearing about some trash talk from players before the game.

Now if Dayton rolls them next Friday like this though………welp, nevermind. Hopefully no major injuries occured. 

No tank job, just a whipping. At this point in the season we are no match for the Stangs. With that said, I see a big inexperienced Oline and Qb that can only get better. Sleep on us.

4 minutes ago, NDNation said:

It was WOS. Im not even judging Ned by this game. We would have gotten our butts tore up to.

They had a lil extra motivation, as if they needed more. This was a case of: dont poke the bear, better yet: dont poke the Stang. 

9 hours ago, Uncle Pig said:

Could this possibly be the best WOS team ever? Sure sounds like it to me. Damn, talk about loaded!

I knew this was going to come up at some point. It is way earlier than I expected. Let's see how the season plays out then we will have something to talk about. Right now, we don't know if WOS is that good or Ned has a few more issues than usual. I will say this from watching 2 scrimmages and this first game. If you are going to beat WOS you dang sure better have a passing game because you will not make a living running it (and passing will be a chore too).

WOS was very fast and very physical. It is their brand of football. It is hard to make a case against them being the best. They are the best I have seen this year. This game will only benefit us in the long run. We won't see that much team speed again for a while if ever this year. Congrats on the W and we will go back to work.

23 minutes ago, Gasilla said:

I knew this was going to come up at some point. It is way earlier than I expected. Let's see how the season plays out then we will have something to talk about. Right now, we don't know if WOS is that good or Ned has a few more issues than usual. I will say this from watching 2 scrimmages and this first game. If you are going to beat WOS you dang sure better have a passing game because you will not make a living running it (and passing will be a chore too).

A little of both I'm sure.   Good game by the Stangs and the Dogs need to get back to work!

3 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Been fortunate to witness plenty of good football teams in this area for the last 40 to 50 yrs.  Ive seen lots of great Stang teams that beat you with Defense.....This team is polished in all facets of the game. Balanced on Offense, and a top notch Defense. Dallas, Hancock and company make it look easy. Kicking game could use some work, but cant see that hampering this group. Best combination of Size,speed, heart,and savvy Ive seen in a while.... 

Ugh... Let's not start that talk! It was a dominating win, but just one. It was hard to tell whether it was more about one team being good or the other bad. The Mustangs certainly did what they needed to, and by the second quarter that poor QB was terrified on every drop back. He's young, and it was a tall order.

What REALLY stunned me was when 60 percent of the Nederland fans bailed with plenty of time left in the second quarter. I know it was raining, but they started the game with their side at about 75 percent capacity. The pic was taken at halftime.

image.jpeg

10 minutes ago, WOS99 said:

Ugh... Let's not start that talk! It was a dominating win, but just one. It was hard to tell whether it was more about one team being good or the other bad. The Mustangs certainly did what they needed to, and by the second quarter that poor QB was terrified on every drop back. He's young, and it was a tall order.

What REALLY stunned me was when 60 percent of the Nederland fans bailed with plenty of time left in the second quarter. I know it was raining, but they started the game with their side at about 75 percent capacity. The pic was taken at halftime.

image.jpeg

Reminds me of 2001 the last time they visited Memorial Stadium and left after halftime. Wow, and this was first game of the year. Yikes. 

42 minutes ago, WOS99 said:

image.jpeg

Dang....  The atmosphere left at halftime?