Port Neches-Groves 54 Silsbee 27/FINAL

WOSgrad

15 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

It would've helped had #5 Newton would've been in the game...   He got dinged up a little....

#22 did come in a few series at slot receiver...

Several players out but except maybe for some longer drives and a few more scores to make it interesting, the lack of receivers didn't seem to hurt since the run game was prevalent.

Unless the lack of viable targets was the reason for the game plan.....

21 minutes ago, Silsbee92 said:

Pooch kicks all night except one.  Kept it away from any playmakers.

Smart move even if it was frustrating. 

Kalon Barnes, Calvin Tyler and Adonnis Thomas all threats to go to the house with it.

Though the refs did short Silsbee the penalty spot EVERY time it went out of bounds. 

No sideline warning either.  Straight to the penalty.  Weird officiating crew.

Someone told me they don't give sideline warnings anymore and that this has been in effect for a couple of years now...

1 hour ago, Silsbee92 said:

Kalon Barnes, Calvin Tyler and Adonnis Thomas all threats to go to the house with it.

Though the refs did short Silsbee the penalty spot EVERY time it went out of bounds. 

I agree it is a good strategy, but our kicker has a leg. The wind was not that big of a factor last night and I know he can put it in the end zone probably every time. I'd rather have a team start from the 20 instead of the 40. Now if he can't get to the end zone then yea, maybe pooch it when you have the threats Silsbee have...BF doesn't want to get beat on special teams, and I respect that. Play the odds. But sometimes special teams can help you...just my two cents....(speaking of mytwocents, does he come on here anymore?)

54 minutes ago, Silsbee92 said:

the officials were horrible!!

23 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Someone told me they don't give sideline warnings anymore and that this has been in effect for a couple of years now...

I was told we had an early warning but I wasn't there to see it.  

One thing I will be interested in seeing is when McCain returns will they use Adonis more on offense than defense.  He did have a few good runs right up the gut.  If we are going to be near as run oriented as we were last night it really seems like having both he and Tyler in the backfield would also open those defenses up some.  The dive or fakes to Adonis and going wide with Tyler or vise versa.  Definitely I tested in seeing what direction Coach Smith goes later down the road.

i did like the fact that most of those key players weren't going both ways or at least very limited. 

Even with those points towards the offense, that side of the ball isn't my concern.  Defense needs to be the main focus. 

9 minutes ago, FrodoNDN said:

I agree it is a good strategy, but our kicker has a leg. The wind was not that big of a factor last night and I know he can put it in the end zone probably every time. I'd rather have a team start from the 20 instead of the 40. Now if he can't get to the end zone then yea, maybe pooch it when you have the threats Silsbee have...BF doesn't want to get beat on special teams, and I respect that. Play the odds. But sometimes special teams can help you...just my two cents....(speaking of mytwocents, does he come on here anymore?)

i know our kickers dad he is a friend of mine"riggs"that kid can kick it out of end zone hes a hell of a soccor player too,its all coaching,makes no cents,it just gives the other team a way shorter field

3 hours ago, biaplayer said:

the officials were horrible!!

There is a well documented official shortage, maybe you should pick up a whistle, word has it you know the game.  Seriously, we are.going to see this all year, there is a real and desperate need for football officials.  We cant play without em

55 minutes ago, NDOMAKONG said:

There is a well documented official shortage, maybe you should pick up a whistle, word has it you know the game.  Seriously, we are.going to see this all year, there is a real and desperate need for football officials.  We cant play without em

No more Beaumont Chapter, right?

13 hours ago, NDOMAKONG said:

You wouldnt want me ro do that, it would be one sided, i would turn a 2 and a half hour game into a four hour game. Depending on who yall picked in the pickems, i would change the outcome lol. It would be like that commercial where the refs huddle up and the microphone is on lmao

3 hours ago, biaplayer said:

You wouldnt want me ro do that, it would be one sided, i would turn a 2 and a half hour game into a four hour game. Depending on who yall picked in the pickems, i would change the outcome lol. It would be like that commercial where the refs huddle up and the microphone is on lmao

You should officiate the Nerdland Bull$#!t games, I mean puppy games, would be a quick night. :)

20 hours ago, hipster said:

If I am not mistaken a McGallion coached football has never beaten png.  Silsbee has won 6 in a row before and twice in one season!!

That twice in one season was my senior year back in 1992. Silsbee beat us in a close game in preseason then smoked us like salmon in the playoffs down at TJ Stadium

1 minute ago, indianforever said:

I was in the stands...that was one cold night to

Yes I was in the stands as well. I left TJ shaking my head. We actually beat WOS the week before in a hotly contested game at the Reservation were WOS went for the win and fumbled into the endzone to be recovered by a different WOS player effectively making the 2 point conversion and the win nullified. Man was that a hell of a game