What will it take for SETX to start getting the respect that DFW & ETX currently gets?

5 minutes ago, outanup said:

I think Dow Wynn went with Owens....I believe Celaya took over during the season Marler died. I think he was interim? Could be wrong...

Yep, alot of folks were wondering why that interim tag wasn't removed, they were quickly enlightened afterwards. (Consolidation talks) 

On 8/19/2016 at 10:54 PM, D3zii said:

I see what your saying but this is not entirely true. I've seen players down here just the same or better then Players around Houston/Dallas/Austin/San Antonio. But the thing I noticed about them and Us. They have a system. Katy's athletes are probably no better the. P.N.G or Nederland. But you wanna know why Katy goes to State every year? 

They have a system that's installed in them at a young age. My nephew worked out at a place in Katy called the lab, owned by one of Katy Highschools coaches Dad. He said everyday At 6:00pm every Katy Highschool football player is on time at this place working out everyday hard, an this started in January. Not to mention they had workouts at school everyday also. An this is PLAYER led, No coaches, and everyone of those players are held accountable. Those parents up there INVEST in those kids. he said they had kids coming in there throughout the day as young as 10 yrs old, and the trainers would just be like, "o yea he's gonna be the QB, or he's gonna be the LB". And they work on there craft everyday at 10yrs old all the way up until they graduate Katy Highschool 

Its All a system. Katy doesn't have colleges knocking down the door of the school. Man if you put a school like Memorial or Cental in there you would have the De La Salle(Cali) of Texas, a Dynasty. But we don't down here and I have no idea why. We have to much talent not to be winning State Championships. Why do y'all think back in the Day SETX/GoldenT always had a team contending for State? The talents always been here but with time things improve (facilities,stadiums) and systems develop, an so far we have been Slow to turn the corner as a Area. We need to invest in these kids like your Cedar Hills and Katy's. There's no reason why South East Texas shouldn't have two teams a year in the championship or at least semifinals. W.O.S is probably the only team close to having a system, an they don't even really have one. 

Truth. I know a lot of players that go to the Lab. Former RB Donovonn Young is now back in Katy training kids as well. These kids are dedicated They have 300 kids show up to player led workouts...they don't go on summer vacations...etc. They have nearly 500 kids in the program, that's why I never buy into the "D1 vs D2" thing. Totally enrollment means nothing if you don't have boys in the football program. I've seen D1 schools with less than 50 players on the varsity roster....Katy will have 89 SENIORS ALONE....on the Varsity Roster that will be around 105. These kids grow up wanting to be Katy tigers. However, they way Katy is growing, the Dynamic is changing....kids that didn't grow up in Katy...are now playing in Katy and contray to popular belief, HS transfers don't usually make it at Katy and end up leaving or going back to their original school or ending up at Morton Ranch or Cinco Ranch. I can thing of maybe two transfers that made an impact at Katy after playing varsity for another HS. Donovonn Young(Played as soph at Humble before coming BACK to Katy) and Isiaiah Brown(played at Judson as a soph).....Stud athletes don't like having to COMPETE with Kids that are smaller, slower, less physical underclassmen. These players know their role in the Katy system. A kid that runs a 4.8 and knows what he's supposed to do is better than a 4.5 kid who does not.

2 hours ago, pe2009 said:

Truth. I know a lot of players that go to the Lab. Former RB Donovonn Young is now back in Katy training kids as well. These kids are dedicated They have 300 kids show up to player led workouts...they don't go on summer vacations...etc. They have nearly 500 kids in the program, that's why I never buy into the "D1 vs D2" thing. Totally enrollment means nothing if you don't have boys in the football program. I've seen D1 schools with less than 50 players on the varsity roster....Katy will have 89 SENIORS ALONE....on the Varsity Roster that will be around 105. These kids grow up wanting to be Katy tigers. However, they way Katy is growing, the Dynamic is changing....kids that didn't grow up in Katy...are now playing in Katy and contray to popular belief, HS transfers don't usually make it at Katy and end up leaving or going back to their original school or ending up at Morton Ranch or Cinco Ranch. I can thing of maybe two transfers that made an impact at Katy after playing varsity for another HS. Donovonn Young(Played as soph at Humble before coming BACK to Katy) and Isiaiah Brown(played at Judson as a soph).....Stud athletes don't like having to COMPETE with Kids that are smaller, slower, less physical underclassmen. These players know their role in the Katy system. A kid that runs a 4.8 and knows what he's supposed to do is better than a 4.5 kid who does not.

Exactly!!!