What will it take for SETX to start getting the respect that DFW & ETX currently gets?

2 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

Nope.. Have not since 99.... However, the point was PAM is not a powerhouse.... 1 in the last 3 Decades?

Who said they were? 

TO EVERYONE IN GENERAL DO YOU GUYS NOT READ OR YOU CHOOSE NOT TO? 

Sorry for all caps but some of you guys need a reading test or comprehension test. 

10 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

Nope.. Have not since 99.... However, the point was PAM is not a powerhouse.... 1 in the last 3 Decades?

I was in Chicago last week doing some training. The instructor happened to be from Lumberton and did refer to Crosby as a ". . . powerhouse team that gave us in Texas what we refer to as a good 'ole fashion a*& whoopin' ". If you think schools like Foster or Elkins are powerhouses then PAM will be too in 5A. If you look around the state there aren't a lot of teams with over 40 wins the last 4 years, Crosby has that but I'm still sure you would refer to a team like Angleton as a powerhouse with their 32 wins.

41 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I was in Chicago last week doing some training. The instructor happened to be from Lumberton and did refer to Crosby as a ". . . powerhouse team that gave us in Texas what we refer to as a good 'ole fashion a*& whoopin' ". If you think schools like Foster or Elkins are powerhouses then PAM will be too in 5A. If you look around the state there aren't a lot of teams with over 40 wins the last 4 years, Crosby has that but I'm still sure you would refer to a team like Angleton as a powerhouse with their 32 wins.

+1. 

We had that kinda run of wins on the 6A level during a certain timeframe, but of course you know on here you gotta erase memory of "certain" programs. I know you know what I mean ;)

38 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

First of all.... Any football knowledge from a Lumberton resident is almost a JOKE of the day....... I do not think of Schools that are not in this area period.. SETX  means local to me.. I understand through all your posts that Crosby is the "Cats Meow"... But IMO, I have never seen them as anything more than a Dayton tail grabber.. I do know that they have had recent success... And I am sure you know all the percentages.. And i am sure you can give me all of PN-Gs... But my original statement was the PAM has done nothing in the history of the school to be considered a Powerhouse.. Its just my opinion.. I make a ton of my assessments from watching these kids from the work they do in the gym... I see PNG, Nederland, and PAM.... you would be amazed the dedication of a few mentioned vs another mentioned... PAM has the best talent, the best athletes......... It ends there in my mind.. Average at best on everything else.. That average will get them through our district rather easily... I am not quite sure it turns them into a POWERHOUSE, just yet. Only time will tell.. But if I was putting money on a DC.... I would put it on them... I think they have the wheels to go deep... I just do not know if they have all the other things to go with it to keep it together yearly...

There is no powerhouse in the upper classifications in SETX. WB is the only 6A team left in the area. If you look at 21 and 22-5A playoffs teams in the last 10 years, there's not one team that would be considered a powerhouse. Teams that have went past 2 nd round the most in last 10 years is Dayton 5 times, Crosby 2 times, Central 2 times and Nederland 2 times. Mediocre teams with a local powerhouse flavor. That's about it.

5 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

There is no powerhouse in the upper classifications in SETX. WB is the only 6A team left in the area. If you look at 21 and 22-5A playoffs teams in the last 10 years, there's not one team that would be considered a powerhouse. Teams that have went past 2 nd round the most in last 10 years is Dayton 5 times, Crosby 2 times, Central 2 times and Nederland 2 times. Mediocre teams with a local powerhouse flavor. That's about it.

Yeah 2 times for us too, oh, oops I forgot, it never happened. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Yeah 2 times for us too, oh, oops I forgot, it never happened. 

Oh yea, I always forget about PAM. They have depressed me over the years after combining 3 schools and under performing. Thought for sure with the athlete's that come out of PA, ya'll would've made some deep runs. So add Memorial to the mix. Not impressive for our area for sure to only get past the 2nd round a handful of times in past 10 years.

1 minute ago, TradenupBH said:

Oh yea, I always forget about PAM. They have depressed me over the years after combining 3 schools and under performing. Thought for sure with the athlete's that come out of PA, ya'll would've made some deep runs. So add Memorial to the mix. Not impressive for our area for sure to only get past the 2nd round a handful of times in past 10 years.

West Brook been depressing me since 1983. :)

10 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

Buddy, I have to admit, I miss the days of donkey stomping them Yellowjackets and Bumblebees. The Honeybee's made halftime worth it though.:)

I dont miss it, good riddance, shoulda been done with in the 90s. No sense for 3 schools. 

2 hours ago, Stattrax said:

First of all.... Any football knowledge from a Lumberton resident is almost a JOKE of the day....... I do not think of Schools that are not in this area period.. SETX  means local to me.. I understand through all your posts that Crosby is the "Cats Meow"... But IMO, I have never seen them as anything more than a Dayton tail grabber.. I do know that they have had recent success... And I am sure you know all the percentages.. And i am sure you can give me all of PN-Gs... But my original statement was the PAM has done nothing in the history of the school to be considered a Powerhouse.. Its just my opinion.. I make a ton of my assessments from watching these kids from the work they do in the gym... I see PNG, Nederland, and PAM.... you would be amazed the dedication of a few mentioned vs another mentioned... PAM has the best talent, the best athletes......... It ends there in my mind.. Average at best on everything else.. That average will get them through our district rather easily... I am not quite sure it turns them into a POWERHOUSE, just yet. Only time will tell.. But if I was putting money on a DC.... I would put it on them... I think they have the wheels to go deep... I just do not know if they have all the other things to go with it to keep it together yearly...

Cool, I didn't realize Manvel was the only 5A powerhouse in the entire Houston metro area or that Manvel and Cedar Park were the only 5A powerhouses in the region. I would throw in Ennis into the regional power mix but they only have 1 more win than Crosby the last 4 years so I know you don't see them as one. Other than Manvel, which just dropped from 6A and will move back up at the next alignment, Crosby has more wins than every team in the Houston/SETX area. There are currently 65 teams in the region, Crosby has more wins than all but 3. Interesting to know we're Dayton tail grabbers after being up 4-3 in our last 7 game series.    

3 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Cool, I didn't realize Manvel was the only 5A powerhouse in the entire Houston metro area or that Manvel and Cedar Park were the only 5A powerhouses in the region. I would throw in Ennis into the regional power mix but they only have 1 more win than Crosby the last 4 years so I know you don't see them as one. Other than Manvel, which just dropped from 6A and will move back up at the next alignment, Crosby has more wins than every team in the Houston/SETX area. There are currently 65 teams in the region, Crosby has more wins than all but 3. Interesting to know we're Dayton tail grabbers after being up 4-3 in our last 7 game series.    

Every team mentioned in your post I do not consider SETX.... We have been through this before..... 

9 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

Every team mentioned in your post I do not consider SETX.... We have been through this before..... 

We're past SETX, stop being myopic. We're trying to quantify the criteria it takes, as you see it, for being good before we decide what powerhouse definitions are? I just laid out the facts to you. Manvel is the only 5A powerhouse in the entire Houston area, correct? Very simple yes or no would do. IMO, after we beat them 34-0 the calisthenics Angleton performed on y'all made them look like a powerhouse to me. You can either answer or choose to again deflect like a good politician does.

•  

Full Definition of powerhouse

1. 1 a : 

This is the hidden content, please
    1 b :  a source of influence or inspiration

2. 2 :  one having great

: as a :  one having great drive, energy, or ability <a powerhouse rock band> b :  an athletic team characterized by strong aggressive play

From Urban:

A word used to describe someone who exerts a large amount of power, typically in football, and who can trounce the opposition with both ease and (occasionally) grace.