What will it take for SETX to start getting the respect that DFW & ETX currently gets?

21 hours ago, outanup said:

Lets see, turf field, new scoreboard, new helmets, new schools....etc...etc.... And this is not a knock, serious business....Many schools not only need but would love to have these assets. But.....Still the kids leave in droves to come to the old schools with leaking roofs, Stadiums with grass and one hole bathrooms.... And not just Mid County...Bmt schools., Kelly.....etc.... Why?

no need to talk in code. parents pull their kids from PAM, IMO,  because they feel like their kid should start in what ever sport. hmmmm...black athlete going to a predominate white school, in which he will be stronger and faster than most and should get instant 5 star ratings compared to that kid staying at PAM working his but off and waiting to be the next man up. plain and simple. they will drive out of the way for that foolishness bypassing PAM. a child can get an education at any school. it's whats done at home. PAM have a lot of kids that graduate and excel EXTREMELY  well at academics. parents are trying to make a future retirement plan off their damn kids instead of letting them go to school where they are suppose to. and today still what has MC done for me lately is what future parents should consider before running across 365 or twin city and 365 over the tracks.

22 hours ago, NDOMAKONG said:

Why would you upset me?  And thanks for understanding that I am a smart guy, sometimes called a wisexss.  Maybe I'm not as smart as you think I am, because we happen to think we have a QUALITY COACH?  Not sure if Larry ever turned valves in a refinery, so not sure what that reference was too?  The resume' Neumann will have when he leaves will be anything but Mediocre, check his record, check his playoff wins, check his runs of 2 or more in the playoffs.  He should've won the whole thing in 2000, but we had a call that just didn't go our way.  There is a thread talking about what this area has to do to be relevant.  Outside of WOS / Newton who just have elite players at their enrollments, it is tough IMO. 

DEFINE QUALITY. is that going at an avg 2rds deep?? that's what i call SETTLING and you love it. also this area is a joke!!! including PAM when looking at things overall. this is not trash talking about who gonna beat who on friday nights in the area...this is about US as an area. WE ALL SUCK in comparison to houston schools and mid and north texas. hell it seems like just beating the neighbors next door IS the state championship game for this area. it's a reason you keep seeing teams like aledo, denton ryan allen, katy, etc...being talked about. can't call the region bad because of katy and a few others, but this "corner" of the state BLOWS!!

42 minutes ago, NDOMAKONG said:

Our program is getting about everything we can out of what we go to work with.  Lincoln basketball was one of the states elite programs year in and year out... Nederlands football talent, just doesn't put it in that category.  I think you pretty much dropped the mic on this discussion in the first sentence of your response... of course you don't see D-1 recruiters kicking in Nederland doors.  You said it all right there.

YOU was making nederland seem "premier" and they are NOT, which is why i said that. and in that first sentence of this quote, THAT IS NOT ENOUGH!! look i HATE MC. however, if they were "state" powerhouses, i would be thrilled to play in a district with them, which is why i think BG wanted PAM to stay in 6A. i rather go to battle and lose a nail bitter to  a state power than boast about beating the likes of lumberton, vidor, lee, ozen, and livingston. the other games are more for fans. but we thump our chest around here like we bad by having a DC after beating these teams...meanwhile other parts of the state are saying, that's cute. let it be clear, newton and wos can't help who they face in district and playoffs...i can't stand them, but i can say i don't see them chest bumping after whipping up on the locals or do too much bragging about DC's. they know or i hope they know because of the talent they have, they SHOULD go 4-5 rd deep EVERY YEAR. not to knock them, but it's "small school". wos staff played and coached in bigger classifications and channel that to the players, we might be "small" school, but we play like a 6a mentality. (hopefully this will happen to PAM) you put that with the talent they have plus coaching, they are "elite" in a sense. now add some students to WOS and make them 5a d1, they will become stagnant just like they was when they was in the old 4a.

2 hours ago, pakronos said:

YOU was making nederland seem "premier" and they are NOT, which is why i said that. and in that first sentence of this quote, THAT IS NOT ENOUGH!! look i HATE MC. however, if they were "state" powerhouses, i would be thrilled to play in a district with them, which is why i think BG wanted PAM to stay in 6A. i rather go to battle and lose a nail bitter to  a state power than boast about beating the likes of lumberton, vidor, lee, ozen, and livingston. the other games are more for fans. but we thump our chest around here like we bad by having a DC after beating these teams...meanwhile other parts of the state are saying, that's cute. let it be clear, newton and wos can't help who they face in district and playoffs...i can't stand them, but i can say i don't see them chest bumping after whipping up on the locals or do too much bragging about DC's. they know or i hope they know because of the talent they have, they SHOULD go 4-5 rd deep EVERY YEAR. not to knock them, but it's "small school". wos staff played and coached in bigger classifications and channel that to the players, we might be "small" school, but we play like a 6a mentality. (hopefully this will happen to PAM) you put that with the talent they have plus coaching, they are "elite" in a sense. now add some students to WOS and make them 5a d1, they will become stagnant just like they was when they was in the old 4a.

Nobody new moving to the Golen Triangle. WOS and Newton stays good because when kids graduate, they stay there and reproduce. It's the same almost every school in the area, that's why it's the same every year going to the playoffs. Teams like Aledo, Allen, Katy, Westlake, Manvel and every other suburd of a metropolitan city to busting at the seems with growth. New people with skills moving to those places every day. Every now and then, somebody will catch lightning in a bottle, but usually it's the same schools.

37 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

Nobody new moving to the Golen Triangle. WOS and Newton stays good because when kids graduate, they stay there and reproduce. It's the same almost every school in the area, that's why it's the same every year going to the playoffs. Teams like Aledo, Allen, Katy, Westlake, Manvel and every other suburd of a metropolitan city to busting at the seems with growth. New people with skills moving to those places every day. Every now and then, somebody will catch lightning in a bottle, but usually it's the same schools.

Agreed......Nobody moving south in Jefferson Cty. This area will get some good runs from time to time, but with no real growth it will be alot more of the same. Some schools are holding their own (enrollment wise) and others are on a rapid decline. To the ones on the decline, you better get your licks in while the gettings good.....That is all.

6 hours ago, pakronos said:

DEFINE QUALITY. is that going at an avg 2rds deep?? that's what i call SETTLING and you love it. also this area is a joke!!! including PAM when looking at things overall. this is not trash talking about who gonna beat who on friday nights in the area...this is about US as an area. WE ALL SUCK in comparison to houston schools and mid and north texas. hell it seems like just beating the neighbors next door IS the state championship game for this area. it's a reason you keep seeing teams like aledo, denton ryan allen, katy, etc...being talked about. can't call the region bad because of katy and a few others, but this "corner" of the state BLOWS!!

I see what your saying but this is not entirely true. I've seen players down here just the same or better then Players around Houston/Dallas/Austin/San Antonio. But the thing I noticed about them and Us. They have a system. Katy's athletes are probably no better the. P.N.G or Nederland. But you wanna know why Katy goes to State every year? 

They have a system that's installed in them at a young age. My nephew worked out at a place in Katy called the lab, owned by one of Katy Highschools coaches Dad. He said everyday At 6:00pm every Katy Highschool football player is on time at this place working out everyday hard, an this started in January. Not to mention they had workouts at school everyday also. An this is PLAYER led, No coaches, and everyone of those players are held accountable. Those parents up there INVEST in those kids. he said they had kids coming in there throughout the day as young as 10 yrs old, and the trainers would just be like, "o yea he's gonna be the QB, or he's gonna be the LB". And they work on there craft everyday at 10yrs old all the way up until they graduate Katy Highschool 

Its All a system. Katy doesn't have colleges knocking down the door of the school. Man if you put a school like Memorial or Cental in there you would have the De La Salle(Cali) of Texas, a Dynasty. But we don't down here and I have no idea why. We have to much talent not to be winning State Championships. Why do y'all think back in the Day SETX/GoldenT always had a team contending for State? The talents always been here but with time things improve (facilities,stadiums) and systems develop, an so far we have been Slow to turn the corner as a Area. We need to invest in these kids like your Cedar Hills and Katy's. There's no reason why South East Texas shouldn't have two teams a year in the championship or at least semifinals. W.O.S is probably the only team close to having a system, an they don't even really have one. 

23 minutes ago, D3zii said:

I see what your saying but this is not entirely true. I've seen players down here just the same or better then Players around Houston/Dallas/Austin/San Antonio. But the thing I noticed about them and Us. They have a system. Katy's athletes are probably no better the. P.N.G or Nederland. But you wanna know why Katy goes to State every year? 

They have a system that's installed in them at a young age. My nephew worked out at a place in Katy called the lab, owned by one of Katy Highschools coaches Dad. He said everyday At 6:00pm every Katy Highschool football player is on time at this place working out everyday hard, an this started in January. Not to mention they had workouts at school everyday also. An this is PLAYER led, No coaches, and everyone of those players are held accountable. Those parents up there INVEST in those kids. he said they had kids coming in there throughout the day as young as 10 yrs old, and the trainers would just be like, "o yea he's gonna be the QB, or he's gonna be the LB". And they work on there craft everyday at 10yrs old all the way up until they graduate Katy Highschool 

Its All a system. Katy doesn't have colleges knocking down the door of the school. Man if you put a school like Memorial or Cental in there you would have the De La Salle(Cali) of Texas, a Dynasty. But we don't down here and I have no idea why. We have to much talent not to be winning State Championships. Why do y'all think back in the Day SETX/GoldenT always had a team contending for State? The talents always been here but with time things improve (facilities,stadiums) and systems develop, an so far we have been Slow to turn the corner as a Area. We need to invest in these kids like your Cedar Hills and Katy's. There's no reason why South East Texas shouldn't have two teams a year in the championship or at least semifinals. W.O.S is probably the only team close to having a system, an they don't even really have one. 

Bingo! +1

Katy probably did have recruiters knocking down the door, they're not exactly the same type of squad they used to be. They signed 6 FBS kids last year, have 7 more who currently have offers and have a freshman running back that already has offers from the likes of Florida St. and Tennessee. Not to mention the last four or five running backs have been four and five stars. 

5 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Katy probably did have recruiters knocking down the door, they're not exactly the same type of squad they used to be. They signed 6 FBS kids last year, have 7 more who currently have offers and have a freshman running back that already has offers from the likes of Florida St. and Tennessee. Not to mention the last four or five running backs have been four and five stars. 

Yea I didn't mean it like that, they do have kids at big major colleges, but the way I ment it was as, a teams that wins State every year in Texas should be like another IMG academy. The closes we got here is probably schools like Desoto or Cedar Hill. Katy is on the rise tho, specially with all those ppl moving in,. They will become a D1 factory in a few years

15 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

you don't need people moving in...it has already been said this area have talent...you NEED COACHES TO PUT IN A SYSTEM AND HAVE THE COMMUNITY BUY INTO THAT. what u have down here is schools that have avg to great players, but coaching is keeping them down and don't come at me about some dang district titles and going three rds deep. that's the difference!!!that's the standard here. in other places its not even important to them. until that mentality change expect what we got...yeah yeah, that's the goal for everyone to win a title, but somebody....some coaches gotta stand up and have the balls to say, that isn't the goal. semis or the season is a wash. nobody should be back flipping and storming fields because of a DC or putting the coach on the shoulders for getting them 2-3 rd deep and writing them a fat check cause they threaten to leave.

5 hours ago, D3zii said:

Yea I didn't mean it like that, they do have kids at big major colleges, but the way I ment it was as, a teams that wins State every year in Texas should be like another IMG academy. The closes we got here is probably schools like Desoto or Cedar Hill. Katy is on the rise tho, specially with all those ppl moving in,. They will become a D1 factory in a few years

they not going to Katy school...they are going to the other high schools in Katy which why Katy is the D2 representative most of the time.

6 hours ago, D3zii said:

Yes thats true, but you can only play 11 at a time 

Let's say I walk into a west Houston high school and have 40 total jerseys to fill.  Over there, you are going to have 4-5 kids battling it out for each jersey.  At Nederland, you probably won't have 40 kids that are varsity caliber in a single year.  That makes a huge difference?

5 hours ago, D3zii said:

I think doing it like Cedar Hill, Desoto, North Shore, etc. is a lot easier than doing it like Katy, Cedar Park or Lake Travis. Those latter schools are extremely few and far between and have some built-in benefits others just don't have and won't get. They already have a culture in place that it takes years to build, you can compete immediately with some athletes and a good coach. 

Your coach just has to have a system in place that maximizes whatever talent he has mixed with a solid offseason and you'll end up being a solid program. Of course coaching abilities, talent level and community/administrative support all play into the final product on the field. 

Take a guy like Ricky Tullos who was 26-18 in 4 years at 3A(4A) Cleveland before getting the job at George Ranch. In four years of varsity play they've been to at least the regional finals three times and just won a title. After coach Aymond at North Shore was basically reassigned, Coach Kay wins a title his second year. Like Tullos, Joey McGuire won a title at Cedar Hill in his 4th year. Euless Trinity sucked, Lineweaver took over and they went to 5 state championships and was in the semis by his second year. Watch what Reginald Samples does at Duncanville and you'll see what I mean. 

7 hours ago, D3zii said:
1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I think doing it like Cedar Hill, Desoto, North Shore, etc. is a lot easier than doing it like Katy, Cedar Park or Lake Travis. Those latter schools are extremely few and far between and have some built-in benefits others just don't have and won't get. They already have a culture in place that it takes years to build, you can compete immediately with some athletes and a good coach. 

Your coach just has to have a system in place that maximizes whatever talent he has mixed with a solid offseason and you'll end up being a solid program. Of course coaching abilities, talent level and community/administrative support all play into the final product on the field. 

Take a guy like Ricky Tullos who was 26-18 in 4 years at 3A(4A) Cleveland before getting the job at George Ranch. In four years of varsity play they've been to at least the regional finals three times and just won a title. After coach Aymond at North Shore was basically reassigned, Coach Kay wins a title his second year. Like Tullos, Joey McGuire won a title at Cedar Hill in his 4th year. Euless Trinity sucked, Lineweaver took over and they went to 5 state championships and was in the semis by his second year. Watch what Reginald Samples does at Duncanville and you'll see what I mean. 

Where is Samples from?? And yes if he has a good system Duncanville will become another DFW power .they have good athletes every year, also South Grand Prarie should be better then they are. 

1 hour ago, NDOMAKONG said:

Let's say I walk into a west Houston high school and have 40 total jerseys to fill.  Over there, you are going to have 4-5 kids battling it out for each jersey.  At Nederland, you probably won't have 40 kids that are varsity caliber in a single year.  That makes a huge difference?

Yes this is true, but in the right system you maximize your strength and mask you weakness.  Like Katy use to do, they didn't have athletes like North Shore or WestField, so they masked it by discipline and a really good system. That's how they beat those schools. But I see what you saying and in some cases it does make a difference 

4 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Larry Nuemann used to coach DBs at TJ?

Wasnt he the finalist for the Lamarque job about 8 years ago? But Nederland gave him a big raise and he turned down that job? 

Yes, Larry was at TJ for quite a few years....I believe he applied for the TJ job after Owens left....Or maybe after Walker. Long time ago.

5 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

I do he was a legend, but didn't he pass away in 99 or 2000? But he didn't take over TJ until the late 90s after leaving Austin... I think, correct me what I am wrong on BG? 

Yup, after he passed Celaya (sp) took over, talk of consolidation began, two candidates were already set for LHS & TJ and the rest is history.