What will it take for SETX to start getting the respect that DFW & ETX currently gets?

7 minutes ago, bigdog said:

So where are all the rings then???  I guess they stop the playoffs at the second round?

IDK, call up coach Martin and ask Manvel where their rings are? Learned something else now. Manvel is no longer a powerhouse because they don't have a ring. I asked you to keep it coming and you are BigDog, I'm being educated free of charge.  

12 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

IDK, call up coach Martin and ask Manvel where their rings are? Learned something else now. Manvel is no longer a powerhouse because they don't have a ring. I asked you to keep it coming and you are BigDog, I'm being educated free of charge.  

Kinda makes you wonder….. WOS was considered a powerhouse around here by a hell of alot of folks before winning their first ring since the 80s last year. Kinda weird Manvel wouldn't be considered a powerhouse, the Katy High folks respect them as such (powerhouse)…… 

21 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Lol being deliberately thick.   Manvel : - 3rd or better 5 years in a row, including a finals appearance.  Crosby  -1 time past the 3rd round .  

JESUS CHRIST PEOPLE!!!!!!! WOSgrad made the last post actually referring to the topic. it's not about PAM or the other schools...it's about THIS AREA AS ONE...and you all showed your arses of WHY we are behind. you are so proud of DCs and how many 2nd and 3rd rounds...before lamarque fell from grace, the fans and players did not care or talked about how many DC or "rounds"...ANYTHING SHORT OF THE SEMI'S WAS A FAILURE!!!! WE allow these adults to stay and get paid knowing all they have to do is give  a good speech, play 2 rds deep and that satisfy you all just fine. demand MORE from the school boards and the AD's. otherwise shut your mediocre pie holes, play on your natural grass, with your none existent visitor stands, poor parking, 2 stalls and a trough mens restrooms, and predictable coaching.

2 minutes ago, pakronos said:

JESUS CHRIST PEOPLE!!!!!!! WOSgrad made the last post actually referring to the topic. it's not about PAM or the other schools...it's about THIS AREA AS ONE...and you all showed your arses of WHY we are behind. you are so proud of DCs and how many 2nd and 3rd rounds...before lamarque fell from grace, the fans and players did not care or talked about how many DC or "rounds"...ANYTHING SHORT OF THE SEMI'S WAS A FAILURE!!!! WE allow these adults to stay and get paid knowing all they have to do is give  a good speech, play 2 rds deep and that satisfy you all just fine. demand MORE from the school boards and the AD's. otherwise shut your mediocre pie holes, play on your natural grass, with your none existent visitor stands, poor parking, 2 stalls and a trough mens restrooms, and predictable coaching.

Never said I was satisfied,  the Semis or a SC is always the objective. and guess what , WOS won a SC with a grass field and regular old restrooms.  You have seen LM's stadium, so tell me how that helped them win.  

9 minutes ago, bigdog said:

Never said I was satisfied,  the Semis or a SC is always the objective. and guess what , WOS won a SC with a grass field and regular old restrooms.  You have seen LM's stadium, so tell me how that helped them win.  

I have no clue what this answer is, but when is the last time a 6A/5A team won it all with old outdated facilities?  

My whole point I'm trying to make is that making it deep in the playoffs is real hard, and the so called "dominate" teams do it consistently as Manvel and some other teams have.  They don't have one deep run and then disappear for years or go out early.  That's something that comes with good talent, good coaching and a little bit of luck.  Also realignments affect the way the playoffs work out.

5 minutes ago, bigdog said:

you are satisfied because you choose to praise the "Nederland" coach...you praised everything I talked about. The stadium in LM is irrelevant because they had BETTER COACHING THAN NEDERLAND OR ANY TEAM IN THE AREA AND A COMMUNITY THAT DIDN'T SETTLE FOR MEDIOCRITY...Nederland is one of the schools in the area that are settlers(see the cable commercials). WOS again have superior coaching, but in a classification that they SHOULD do well...again you missed it and is why YOUR community is mediocre...Nederland coaching<WOS coaching= success, field don't matter. it matters when you have NOTHING going for you in comparison to other regions. you won't get people down here with facilities from 1972 therefore staying mediocre.

2 minutes ago, pakronos said:

you are satisfied because you choose to praise the "Nederland" coach...you praised everything I talked about. The stadium in LM is irrelevant because they had BETTER COACHING THAN NEDERLAND OR ANY TEAM IN THE AREA AND A COMMUNITY THAT DIDN'T SETTLE FOR MEDIOCRITY...Nederland is one of the schools in the area that are settlers(see the cable commercials). WOS again have superior coaching, but in a classification that they SHOULD do well...again you missed it and is why YOUR community is mediocre...Nederland coaching<WOS coaching= success, field don't matter. it matters when you have NOTHING going for you in comparison to other regions. you won't get people down here with facilities from 1972 therefore staying mediocre.

Ok.  Because the majority of people move to an area because of a football field.  Most people move to an area because of jobs and choose a district because of the quality of education.  Explain why PA has brand new schools and still continues to lose enrollment?

5 minutes ago, bigdog said:

Ok.  Because the majority of people move to an area because of a football field.  Most people move to an area because of jobs and choose a district because of the quality of education.  Explain why PA has brand new schools and still continues to lose enrollment?

Nederlands academic performance is one of the best around this area.  5 Straight DC's, trip to the Regional Final, one of if not the premier athletic programs in all sports.... how are we settling again?

3 minutes ago, bigdog said:

let me break it down for u sir...so u don't get upset with me...IF YOU WANT A QUALITY COACH...I SAID COACH,NOT REFINERY WORKER...COACH TO COME TO NERDLAND HIGH, UPDATE YOUR FACILITIES. THAT QUALITY COACH WILL ELEVATE YOU PASS MEDIOCRITY..GET IT?? as far as PAM enrollment, those people are realizing MC is not what it's cracked up to be...oh and those rebuilt schools needed to rebuilt because they were built in the 50's and 60's...the old high schools are still standing for reasons I don't know why. it is recommended that schools get rebuilt after so many years smart guy.

11 minutes ago, bigdog said:

Last time I checked the middle school numbers were high, high school its dropping and not at a rapid rate, better question is why some folks (not alot btw) bolt to the Houston area before their kid(s) get to the HS? I think you know the answer already, and I cant really blame them, money talk$. As far as football it seems to be new faces from out of town in the program every year. :)

Why would you upset me?  And thanks for understanding that I am a smart guy, sometimes called a wisexss.  Maybe I'm not as smart as you think I am, because we happen to think we have a QUALITY COACH?  Not sure if Larry ever turned valves in a refinery, so not sure what that reference was too?  The resume' Neumann will have when he leaves will be anything but Mediocre, check his record, check his playoff wins, check his runs of 2 or more in the playoffs.  He should've won the whole thing in 2000, but we had a call that just didn't go our way.  There is a thread talking about what this area has to do to be relevant.  Outside of WOS / Newton who just have elite players at their enrollments, it is tough IMO. 

1 hour ago, pakronos said:

let me break it down for u sir...so u don't get upset with me...IF YOU WANT A QUALITY COACH...I SAID COACH,NOT REFINERY WORKER...COACH TO COME TO NERDLAND HIGH, UPDATE YOUR FACILITIES. THAT QUALITY COACH WILL ELEVATE YOU PASS MEDIOCRITY..GET IT?? as far as PAM enrollment, those people are realizing MC is not what it's cracked up to be...oh and those rebuilt schools needed to rebuilt because they were built in the 50's and 60's...the old high schools are still standing for reasons I don't know why. it is recommended that schools get rebuilt after so many years smart guy.

Let me break it down for you , Neumann is coming up on 200 career wins and might hit it next year.  There are only 23 active coaches in Texas with more wins.  So I wouldn't call that mediocre. 

Lets see, turf field, new scoreboard, new helmets, new schools....etc...etc.... And this is not a knock, serious business....Many schools not only need but would love to have these assets. But.....Still the kids leave in droves to come to the old schools with leaking roofs, Stadiums with grass and one hole bathrooms.... And not just Mid County...Bmt schools., Kelly.....etc.... Why?

3 minutes ago, Mustangs93 said:

I can't wait for PAM vs NED game....I just might run out of butter for my popcorn!

I just hope their fans stay for the whole game this time and soak in all the atmosphere instead of leaving after their halftime performance like they did the last time they visited the beautiful confines of our lovely facility. :)

22 hours ago, NDOMAKONG said:

Nederlands academic performance is one of the best around this area.  5 Straight DC's, trip to the Regional Final, one of if not the premier athletic programs in all sports.... how are we settling again?

it's your opinion on if nederland is the "premier" athletic program...i don't see D-1 recruiters kicking in nederland doors. you are settling because that list you just listed quenches that pathetic thirst of what you think is "greatness". do you know a REAL program don't even acknowledge things like district titles??? if you were not satisfied, FANS WOULD NEVER EVEN MENTION OR BRAG ABOUT SUCH MEANINGLESS THINGS, unless you KNOW that's about all you are good for. example...when port arthur lincoln basketball DOMINATED the state of Texas from 81 till the closing, WE NEVER CELEBRATED DC!! if the team didn't make it to Austin, FAILED SEASON!!! THE TEAM KNEW IT AND COACHES KNEW IT...WHICH IS WHY THEY HAD THE BEST COACHES. NOT THE PRETTIEST GYM, BUT TOP COACHING. 

Our program is getting about everything we can out of what we go to work with.  Lincoln basketball was one of the states elite programs year in and year out... Nederlands football talent, just doesn't put it in that category.  I think you pretty much dropped the mic on this discussion in the first sentence of your response... of course you don't see D-1 recruiters kicking in Nederland doors.  You said it all right there.

21 hours ago, bigdog said:

Let me break it down for you , Neumann is coming up on 200 career wins and might hit it next year.  There are only 23 active coaches in Texas with more wins.  So I wouldn't call that mediocre. 

playing in the cupcake league and preseason softer than toilet paper (okay LM was probably the only real team you played and you let little WOS run you uo and down the field smh). again BULLdog...where is the hardware?? the subject is why THIS AREA is behind...this goes for my team as well, but since you and your cronies trying to make nederland this big bad football machine, more of a weed whacker, nederland and this area will behind.

PAM have everything to get going, but coaching, IMO. i know i pick on harrison, but the game seemed to have have passed him by. either he needs to change and keep it moving or let someone else in there. PAM have NEW facilities, athletes, AND due to the MANY D-1 players that have gone on to play and start in college and nfl, they are on the map.