wo-s -vidor

skipper

Thats sad Wos Grad, I appreciate the answer because it seems like if they whip up on us then other teams should be a lil bit less difficult but then again its probably harder to run over an opponent that runs the same offense as you because if I am not mistaken there's only so many plays you can dream up out of that offense? Either way I like their head coach, hes always been super nice to me and hopefully they get over the hump and at least beat Nederland this year.

16 minutes ago, ICEWATER said:

Thats sad Wos Grad, I appreciate the answer because it seems like if they whip up on us then other teams should be a lil bit less difficult but then again its probably harder to run over an opponent that runs the same offense as you because if I am not mistaken there's only so many plays you can dream up out of that offense? Either way I like their head coach, hes always been super nice to me and hopefully they get over the hump and at least beat Nederland this year.

I agree, Coach Mathews is a great coach and a great guy.  I hope that they can translate a heavy return of starters into a playoff spot.  As for Nederland, I have seen some of those boys flapping their gap as to what will happen next Friday night on Twitter.  I think a few of the Nederland oldtimers need to counsel them on the "Sanderson's victory party" game....you and other Mustang fans know what I am talking about.

38 minutes ago, ICEWATER said:

i am actually clueless on it but it sounds juicy!!!!!!!! i need some info

Well, it was the first year that WO-S was in 3A (now 4A) and Nederland was the 2nd game of the football season.  Now, during the last 3 years that WO-S was in 4A (now 5A), Nederland had beaten them 3 years in a row so I guess the Nederland faithful were pretty confident going into this game.  So much so that the "Smack Attack" (folks probably remember that call in show on Friday) and the Nederland Bulldogs had advertised a "victory party" at Sanderson's Bar and Grill in Nederland for that Friday evening after the WO-S/Nederland game.  Well, let's just suffice it to say that there may have been a party that evening, but it did not celebrate a victory.

16 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Well, it was the first year that WO-S was in 3A (now 4A) and Nederland was the 2nd game of the football season.  Now, during the last 3 years that WO-S was in 4A (now 5A), Nederland had beaten them 3 years in a row so I guess the Nederland faithful were pretty confident going into this game.  So much so that the "Smack Attack" (folks probably remember that call in show on Friday) and the Nederland Bulldogs had advertised a "victory party" at Sanderson's Bar and Grill in Nederland for that Friday evening after the WO-S/Nederland game.  Well, let's just suffice it to say that there may have been a party that evening, but it did not celebrate a victory.

It was awesome!

39 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Yeah, 2pt game.   Let's clarify that there were "some"  fans making that statement not all.  Just like there were "some" (not all) WOS fans declaring an automatic state game once they dropped to 3a, which also didn't happen that year. (1st rd exit)

6 minutes ago, MAYFIELD said:

C'MON MAN!  What else do you do when you about to play the reigning champs, you got to get pumped. What you want them to do get on there and fuel their egos. We all know who they are, but we must make them "RESPECK" who we are.

I think WOS respects Ned, we all know what Ned is. 

6 hours ago, bigdog said:

Yeah, 2pt game.   Let's clarify that there were "some"  fans making that statement not all.  Just like there were "some" (not all) WOS fans declaring an automatic state game once they dropped to 3a, which also didn't happen that year. (1st rd exit)

As I remember, the support for the Sanderson's victory party was pretty wide spread and, in fact, there was no effort to hide the intent. As to Mustang fans, some say so, some don't. but all expect a state championship every year.

And finally, it is ironic to be chided about an early exit from the playoffs by a fan of a school that hasn't appeared in a state championship game since the Korean War.

8 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

As I remember, the support for the Sanderson's victory party was pretty wide spread and, in fact, there was no effort to hide the intent. As to Mustang fans, some say so, some don't. but all expect a state championship every year.

And finally, it is ironic to be chided about an early exit from the playoffs by a fan of a school that hasn't appeared in a state championship game since the Korean War.

Grad, the spirit of their state championship team is within this squad this year. State or bust. 

On August 14, 2016 at 2:51 PM, class-99 Indians said:

It's going to be physical alright,stangs Def won't allow Vidor in the end zone,there fun to watch,well coached,and conditioned,cornel needs to tell bf how's it's done,Def wins championships.

Couldn't agree more. The more stories I hear about how Coach Thompson runs that program, the bigger fan I become of the Stangs. They are hands down my pick to win it again this year. I absolutely love that QB 

12 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

The whole thing was blown out of proportion by WOS fans.  There wasn't "widespread" support, as far as a victory party, at that time it was common for fans to meet there after a game no matter the result.  It was some fans talking smack on that board and on the radio which happened every Friday.  As far as the state championship expectations there were some WOS fans declaring that they should make a run to state after dropping just as some PAM fans expect to "run through" this 5A district since they dropped.  It was a comparison of every team having "some" fans with inflated expectations due to dropping classes.

3 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

WOS dont lose very often there either. 

Howabout just, WOS doesn't lose often!

Vidors good luck to have them schedule.  Not many teams that wouldn't benefit from scrimmaging them - that would include anyone in 21 or 22 5A, imo.