Lumberton at Silsbee/Post scrimmage comments here!

WOSgrad

16 hours ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

If the Silsbee coach opens it up more and let's his skill players get in sync, it could be an interesting game. Not many teams can cover the Silsbee receivers and even fewer can cover Barnes. 

Watching them scrimmage Lumberton I think he really concentrated on his o-line . didn't open up the play book at all.i really do believe that the coach from Silsbee knows wat he has at the skill position. But he also knows if u can't protect the qb things will b hard.and I think he really needs to move Barnes around .just lining him up in different positions. One: bc facing png on the road if they can't get to the perimeter on dem kids it will be a long nite. Ns second : wen Silsbee gets ready to play w.o. they will to play him more out the slot bc they do have very gud corners. ND them kids know each other.

18 hours ago, setxguru said:

I will give 6 points vs WOS if there are any takers in the Silsbee / WOS game. $5,000! Any Takers? Word I'm hearing is the Superintendent will lose his job over this Silsbee HC hire! Maybe they shouldn't let the local car dealer be in on the two man hiring committee. Lol. Come on man!

If your judging a coach off of one scrimmage. Then that shows your serve lack of intelligence when it comes to football.

19 hours ago, setxguru said:

I will give 6 points vs WOS if there are any takers in the Silsbee / WOS game. $5,000! Any Takers? Word I'm hearing is the Superintendent will lose his job over this Silsbee HC hire! Maybe they shouldn't let the local car dealer be in on the two man hiring committee. Lol. Come on man!

In all seriousness, if I were making a Vegas line on that game, I would put it at WO-S -22.

If you like to judge scrimmages, then you must think Dax Prescott in Dallas is better than Cam Newton and Tom Brady by his game Saturday. Tyler, Barnes, McCain, and Jones all have D2 scholarships for a reason and are game changers. I think Adonis Thomas will start getting offer this year as well. The Oline will be fine. This was their 1st time playing someone other than themselves. It is an entire new line. No more Patrick Hudson. I promise you those boys will be ready come week one. Most of you have never seen Tyler Jr or Jones III play. I think Willie Jones III is just as good a QB as his dad was.

1 hour ago, BADSANTA said:

If you like to judge scrimmages, then you must think Dax Prescott in Dallas is better than Cam Newton and Tom Brady by his game Saturday. Tyler, Barnes, McCain, and Jones all have D2 scholarships for a reason and are game changers. I think Adonis Thomas will start getting offer this year as well. The Oline will be fine. This was their 1st time playing someone other than themselves. It is an entire new line. No more Patrick Hudson. I promise you those boys will be ready come week one. Most of you have never seen Tyler Jr or Jones III play. I think Willie Jones III is just as good a QB as his dad was.

So is Jones a D1 Qb as you previously stated, or a D2 QB as you stated here? Just curious.

Silsbee's biggest question mark is at the QB position. I am truly concerned about the kids ability to adjust coming from Legacy.

13 minutes ago, Scatright said:

So is Jones a D1 Qb as you previously stated, or a D2 QB as you stated here? Just curious.

Silsbee's biggest question mark is at the QB position. I am truly concerned about the kids ability to adjust coming from Legacy.

This is the hidden content, please

Jones could have started at Central or Ozen last season. He was the best QB in Beaumont last year easily. He attended Legacy because that's where his parents wanted him to go. Your concern for him going from Legacy to 4A is crazy. He has played against higher level schools before. He didn't get all those offers for nothing! 

I'm looking at Legacy's schedule now, where are those top ranked schools? I am also looking at his offers, and I am wondering why we are getting so excited about those schools? Any offer is a big deal, but those offers don't necessarily make Jones the second coming of Jeremy Johnson. Can you imagine if Jeremy Johnson had played his sophomore and junior years at Legacy? He would've been completely untouchable. Johnson is a D1 QB, and Jones hasn't yet proven worthy of that label. You have to take your Silsbee underwear off and look at this objectively. There is nothing at Legacy that has prepared this kid for what he will face on Friday nights this fall. As I stated before, he is the biggest question mark on this team.

4 minutes ago, Scatright said:

I'm looking at Legacy's schedule now, where are those top ranked schools? I am also looking at his offers, and I am wondering why we are getting so excited about those schools? Any offer is a big deal, but those offers don't necessarily make Jones the second coming of Jeremy Johnson. Can you imagine if Jeremy Johnson had played his sophomore and junior years at Legacy? He would've been completely untouchable. Johnson is a D1 QB, and Jones hasn't yet proven worthy of that label. You have to take your Silsbee underwear off and look at this objectively. There is nothing at Legacy that has prepared this kid for what he will face on Friday nights this fall. As I stated before, he is the biggest question mark on this team.

Hey what happened to him when he left West Virginia since he couldn't see the field as QB? Last I heard he went to Blinn, never heard about him again. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Hey what happened to him when he left West Virginia since he couldn't see the field as QB? Last I heard he went to Blinn, never heard about him again. 

Has a couple years where he was injured.

Transferred to UH as a walk on and then finished up his collegiate career at UC.

2015 Season Stats Starting ( QB)

• 138 COMPLETED PASSES
  • 240 ATTEMPTS
  • THREW FOR 2,170 YARDS
  • THREW 17 TOUCHDOWNS
  • RUSHED FOR 577 YARDS ON 106 CARRIES
  • 8 RUSHING TDS

2 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Jones could have started at Central or Ozen last season. He was the best QB in Beaumont last year easily. He attended Legacy because that's where his parents wanted him to go. Your concern for him going from Legacy to 4A is crazy. He has played against higher level schools before. He didn't get all those offers for nothing! 

Was Jones better than Boyd (Ozen)? I haven't seen jones enough to know, I'm sure his stats were better, but you gotta remember the competition difference and the fact that Boyd had Tyler who was the leading rusher in our district.

19 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Was Jones better than Boyd (Ozen)? I haven't seen jones enough to know, I'm sure his stats were better, but you gotta remember the competition difference and the fact that Boyd had Tyler who was the leading rusher in our district.

I have to go with Boyd, a lil bias here, he gave us fits for 3 years. Glad he's gone. :)

I haven't seen anyone compare Jones to Johnson, all anyone said was he had the offers or was a D1 qb.  I for one was not so impressed with Jeremy's passing in high school but his speed made him deadly.  I know he worked very hard and improved his passing by the time he finished college.  I don't believe Willie will have that speed but he will have enough speed to be dangerous and if his passing game is pretty good he will be just fine.  One other part is Jeremy didn't have two running backs behind him the quality that Willie will have. But that o line coming together will be the wild card.

5 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

He would have started at Central, but not at West Brook or Ozen last year...  Let's not get ahead of ourselves....