Chron 22-5a Predictions

liltex

2 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

Buddy, if that happens, which it won't...never mind, not going to post it on here.  Jaguars won't be on the outside looking in...

Chron doesn't know about a few issues in mid-county, but they're accurate on Vidor and Memorial. And that Vidor vs Central game gonna be a dandy! 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Chron doesn't know about a few issues in mid-county, but they're accurate on Vidor and Memorial. And that Vidor vs Central game gonna be a dandy! 

Every team has issues every year.  Ned was on their 3rd or 4th qb one year and still went to the playoffs.  Keep thinking that's the key to PAM winning district.  LOL.  As far as Vidor goes, they haven't made the playoffs since 2012, even on years when they have had a bunch of returning starters.  It won't be any easier this year.

8 minutes ago, bigdog said:

Every team has issues every year.  Ned was on their 3rd or 4th qb one year and still went to the playoffs.  Keep thinking that's the key to PAM winning district.  LOL.  As far as Vidor goes, they haven't made the playoffs since 2012, even on years when they have had a bunch of returning starters.  It won't be any easier this year.

Just remember I told you so September 30th. :)

1 hour ago, bigdog said:

Lol true that 2010 Vidor team was said to be one of the best in school history an I think they still can't in 3rd that year behind PNG and Central 

30 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Lol true that 2010 Vidor team was said to be one of the best in school history an I think they still can't in 3rd that year behind PNG and Central 

2010 Vidor was 2-8.  I believe you are thinking of 2011 when they went to the 3rd round of the playoffs.  That year they were 3rd behind PNG and Ned (lost to both).

Also, as far as Vidor goes, lets look at the numbers.

Jeff Matthews has been HC since 1999. (17 years).

Of those 17 years he has had 5 winning seasons above .500 (2001,2002,2009,2011,2012)

Of the 5 winning seasons he has made the playoffs 3 times. (2009,2011,2012),  the fourth time he had a 4-6 record going into the playoffs (2000) and has made it past the 1st round once. (2011).

His overall winning percentage is 44.77% (77-95-0).

Also, his record against the current (2015) top 3 is:

3-14  vs Nederland

3-14 vs PNG

3-11 vs Central

This is not an attack on the coach, I know everyone says he is a great coach and guy, but the numbers don't really support a big run by Vidor this year due to returning players.  They have had plenty of times over the last 17 years where there were a large amount of returning players and it didn't pan out.

Just a small comparison, but PNG's  Brandon Faircloth took the head coaching job in 2009 (7 years)

Of those 7 years he has had  6 winning seasons over .500 (2012 the only year under .500)

He has lead his team to the playoffs all 6 of those winning seasons, and been past the first round 3 times. (2009,2010,2015)

Overall winning percentage of 63.75% (51-29)

3 hours ago, bigdog said:

+1

Not sure why everyone is jumping on the Vidor bandwagon.  I don't see a Montana Quirante on the team.  The team to watch is Central.  They will have a big, fast, and experienced defense.  It may not matter what they have on offense because they will have the ability to shut people down and win games 3-0, 7-0, 10-7, etc.  Coach Foreman may finally start using some of the coaching experience he gained at WO-S, i.e., defense first, control the ball and clock, and add up the score at the end.

Central

PAM

PN-G/Nederland

Nederland/PN-G

Everyone else

1 hour ago, 1989NDN said:

+1

Not sure why everyone is jumping on the Vidor bandwagon.  I don't see a Montana Quirante on the team.  The team to watch is Central.  They will have a big, fast, and experienced defense.  It may not matter what they have on offense because they will have the ability to shut people down and win games 3-0, 7-0, 10-7, etc.  Coach Foreman may finally start using some of the coaching experience he gained at WO-S, i.e., defense first, control the ball and clock, and add up the score at the end.

Central

PAM

PN-G/Nederland

Nederland/PN-G

Everyone else

I have a new buddy...1989NDN.

It just amazes me that they did not pick Bumperton to finish first.... I mean it's a new Slumperton.... New Helmets, new colors to go with the baby blue..... New turf on the field that can seat up to 800.... 2nd year coach.... He knows....... This is a recipe for success... Word around the water cooler is that Subway in Clumperton will be giving away free subs for every win over a relevant district team.... Clumperton, Bumperton, rah rah rah.... I think this is Chumpertons year....

5 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

It just amazes me that they did not pick Bumperton to finish first.... I mean it's a new Slumperton.... New Helmets, new colors to go with the baby blue..... New turf on the field that can seat up to 800.... 2nd year coach.... He knows....... This is a recipe for success... Word around the water cooler is that Subway in Clumperton will be giving away free subs for every win over a relevant district team.... Clumperton, Bumperton, rah rah rah.... I think this is Chumpertons year....

Now that's some funny ish 

3 hours ago, Stattrax said:

I think someone has a crush on my Raiders.