Chron 22-5a Predictions

liltex

15 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

If you referring to the last two seasons by record then you're correct. 

2002                     5-4-0         302-204         Dean Colbert
2003       T            9-4-0         401-286         Dean Colbert
2004    CO--R       6-5-0         311-262         Dean Colbert
2005                     2-5-0         128-229         Dean Colbert
2006   QUAD/C     6-5-0         324-345         Ronnie Thompson
2007                     4-6-0         246-291         Ronnie Thompson
2008       F            3-6-0         123-268         Ronnie Thompson
2009       R            6-5-0         323-250         Kenny Harrison
2010       F            9-4-0         426-298         Kenny Harrison
2011       R          13-2-0         591-310         Kenny Harrison
2012      TH           8-3-0         413-241         Kenny Harrison
2013       R            8-4-0         409-275         Kenny Harrison
2014                     3-7-0         301-353         Kenny Harrison

Well, they didn't win an outright DC , they shared in '04 and 06.  Even with Charles on the team in '03 and 04.   (And Charles by the way is one of those once in a generation players, there probably isn't another one coming down the pipe anytime soon.)

6 minutes ago, bigdog said:

2002                     5-4-0         302-204         Dean Colbert
2003       T            9-4-0         401-286         Dean Colbert
2004    CO--R       6-5-0         311-262         Dean Colbert
2005                     2-5-0         128-229         Dean Colbert
2006   QUAD/C     6-5-0         324-345         Ronnie Thompson
2007                     4-6-0         246-291         Ronnie Thompson
2008       F            3-6-0         123-268         Ronnie Thompson
2009       R            6-5-0         323-250         Kenny Harrison
2010       F            9-4-0         426-298         Kenny Harrison
2011       R          13-2-0         591-310         Kenny Harrison
2012      TH           8-3-0         413-241         Kenny Harrison
2013       R            8-4-0         409-275         Kenny Harrison
2014                     3-7-0         301-353         Kenny Harrison

Well, they didn't win an outright DC , they shared in '04 and 06.  Even with Charles on the team in '03 and 04.   (And Charles by the way is one of those once in a generation players, there probably isn't another one coming down the pipe anytime soon.)

Charles was the team in 04, single handedly beat the state finalist (Westfield, parts of that is on youtube), as far as another one down the pipeline, welp, we'll see. 

2 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

He just passed Kam Martin I thought. Several posters on here said he was the next JC

He got that hype because he got on varsity 9th grade year, he was good but Dauphine was the better RB on the team before he graduated, and even last year with the offensive line struggles Younger was the better RB until after about 4 games. Nate Holmes ('10-'11) IMO was better than those 3, Holmes just seemed to always get injured late in the regular season both years. Neither one of these RBs was gonna come close to Charles' numbers, different offenses and different o-line play. 

18 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

He got that hype because he got on varsity 9th grade year, he was good but Dauphine was the better RB on the team before he graduated, and even last year with the offensive line struggles Younger was the better RB until after about 4 games. Nate Holmes ('10-'11) IMO was better than those 3, Holmes just seemed to always get injured late in the regular season both years. Neither one of these RBs was gonna come close to Charles' numbers, different offenses and different o-line play. 

I personally saw Dauphine play 2 times he was very good. I believe he had a certain Baylor oline men blocking for him. Correct?

On 8/8/2016 at 2:59 PM, QB1 said:

I was the QB of the 94 season when they first brought the triple option to Vidor.  They kept that for a few years and then went to a pro style until Matthews hired Dubois as the OC.  He is the one that brought the Veer to Vidor really.  That's what they run now.

Vidor does NOT run the Veer. They have been a Slot-T team since Matthews went and visited Randy Rowe at Livingston, they do just enough to keep games close, keep the fans infused with infinite hope and to keep his job. THey will never win big at the 5A level with the Slot-T and the type of athletes they have in Vidor.

On 8/9/2016 at 11:11 PM, raideroldtimer said:

Geez Stat, did an ugly girl from Lumberton turn you down or something? You seem to have a huge problem with us.

I'm a firm believer is respect is earned not given.... And honestly, Lumberton has never earned anything from me.... Starts in the STJFL and works its way up..... Poor me attitude.....

44 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

I'm a firm believer is respect is earned not given.... And honestly, Lumberton has never earned anything from me.... Starts in the STJFL and works its way up..... Poor me attitude.....

Odd......Coached several years in the STJFL and never had the poor me attitude. I knew a couple of the PNG coaches and we all got along fine and had some good games. Sorry you feel that way, I have nothing but good memories when Lumberton played PNG....even when we lost

51 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

Thought they earned a playoff spot last yr?? 

When I was still in the PNG district, I was the only coach from PNG to go to STJFL coach get together at BWW in PA. We had an awesome time and it was coaches from Lumberton there. They were jam up guys, as was the rest that were there. I already knew a couple from growing up in Beaumont, but never had a problem with any of them. Of course, that was my experience.

17 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

When I was still in the PNG district, I was the only coach from PNG to go to STJFL coach get together at BWW in PA. We had an awesome time and it was coaches from Lumberton there. They were jam up guys, as was the rest that were there. I already knew a couple from growing up in Beaumont, but never had a problem with any of them. Of course, that was my experience.

Those were some good times.  I wish more coaches would of came. We used to cut up with WOS and have a blast!

2 hours ago, Stattrax said:

I know in Memorial Land that is a big achievement.. But BG, not in my world.... Drop mic.......

Big achievement is winning the region and having a legit shot at winning a state title, thats something Memorial has done recently, no other big school around here in the triangle has done it in a long time and it'll probably be Memorial to do it again before any of you other local big schools do it, what has Png done since the turn of the new decade but exit the playoffs early, get owned by Nerdland and try to run their coach off in the process because of that single game? I guess thats what atmosphere is on The Rez. *drops mic* 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Big achievement is winning the region and having a legit shot at winning a state title, thats something Memorial has done recently, no other big school around here in the triangle has done it in a long time and it'll probably be Memorial to do it again before any of you other local big schools do it, what has Png done since the turn of the new decade but exit the playoffs early, get owned by Nerdland and try to run their coach off in the process because of that single game? I guess thats what atmosphere is on The Rez. *drops mic* 

I think everyone on here is scared to tell you the truth BG.... Memorial has not done much of anything in the history of mankind... They have a coach who is compared to a video game... Half the town left for Nerderland because Memorial is so bad.... You, yourself had wrote them off until they dropped.. I guess if you are hanging your hat on one season in the history I can agree with that... I do think everyone in the area had made it to the 3rd round in the past 10 years... Dont have the stats but im pretty sure... Nerderland does own someone... Thats BF... Not me... I sleep well at night.... Although I do think Memorial could be special in 5A if they had a good staff.. Time will tell..... Atmosphere on the Rez is 7 years in a row...... Maybe I should throw my Vs up!!!!!!!!!!!! Picks up Mic and slings it............... Maybe, just maybe, this whole thing will help BF... LN might not get all the PAM recruits and we could beat them again.. Then maybe again I am just hoping..................

24 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

I think everyone on here is scared to tell you the truth BG.... Memorial has not done much of anything in the history of mankind... They have a coach who is compared to a video game... Half the town left for Nerderland because Memorial is so bad.... You, yourself had wrote them off until they dropped.. I guess if you are hanging your hat on one season in the history I can agree with that... I do think everyone in the area had made it to the 3rd round in the past 10 years... Dont have the stats but im pretty sure... Nerderland does own someone... Thats BF... Not me... I sleep well at night.... Although I do think Memorial could be special in 5A if they had a good staff.. Time will tell..... Atmosphere on the Rez is 7 years in a row...... Maybe I should throw my Vs up!!!!!!!!!!!! Picks up Mic and slings it............... Maybe, just maybe, this whole thing will help BF... LN might not get all the PAM recruits and we could beat them again.. Then maybe again I am just hoping..................

In bold

1. So just forget a certain period of time right? Duly noted. 

2. If Memorial is so bad why did a few of those folks return? And wrote them off til they drop? I was the only one that wanted them to stay in 21-6A, then when they dropped I wish it was someway the UIL would ship them to the Crosby/Dayton district. 

3. Im not talking 3 rounds, im talking about at least winning the region. 

Png might wanna do some recruiting before week-8, I smell an arse beating coming and it aint the stench of a paper mill from up north. And imma throw my V's up afterwards as in another Titan Victory. 

2 minutes ago, The Icon said:

If the Titans don't run away with this district, I'll be very surprised.

I still firmly believe that PAM gives the MC schools fits. Ned and PNG duke it out for #2 and #3. Central has #4 unless they drop the Vidor game

if Central was running that flexbone stuff id roll with Vidor, like Jag Insider said: it was just a smokescreen, but I do think it'll be a somewhat close game though, one of the better games in district play. 

Well BG it seems you holding the city of PA and the Titans almost by yourself. I tell you this much, you need to be the hype man to the team, because I believe you have more faith inn team than their own coaches. This weekend starts all the backing up or more trash talking. And do remember all things go thru Nederland first.