Live news - Dallas - Cops shot

LumRaiderFan

On July 11, 2016 at 5:55 AM, new tobie said:

my only problem with this is that blacks are only 6% of the population

Yet a little over 40% of officers shot and killed in the line of duty are killed by black males.  which falls in line with the fact that while black males make up only 6% of the population, they commit crimes at a disproportionately higher rate than the rest of the population (the reason behind this is worth discussion, but not on this thread).  Common sense would dictate that if a certain sector commits violent crime at a disproportionate level to the rest of society, they will also have a disproportionate  amount of violent encounters with police officers.

26 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Yet a little over 40% of officers shot and killed in the line of duty are killed by black males.  which falls in line with the fact that while black males make up only 6% of the population, they commit crimes at a disproportionately higher rate than the rest of the population (the reason behind this is worth discussion, but not on this thread).  Common sense would dictate that if a certain sector commits violent crime at a disproportionate level to the rest of society, they will also have a disproportionate  amount of violent encounters with police officers.

Bullets- you should have let me make that statement instead of you because I am always up to the challenge of being told I am a racist