Ozen Is Open?

setxguru

2 hours ago, Scatright said:

Am I wrong?

No.

And the previous guy started the fire IMO. I still say he knew he wanted to leave way before the actual time he announced that he was. The kids in that football program are the real losers in that situation. Heck they couldn't even do spring ball like they normally do because of it, just 7on7. 

Ozen is not a dumpster fire, as one guy stated.  I've been really close to the program the last 4 years.  There's quality kids and quality talent there.  There's many kids that achieve in the classroom that's on the field, and good coaches on the sidelines that keeps the players interest at heart before their own.  

Maybe , overall, the team wasn't or haven't been that good, yea.  But haven't that been that case at Lumberton, Vidor, or in PA the last few years?  Dumpster fires you say?  Wrong word to use, imo.  Now if Ozen comes out of the gate fireing on all cylinders with the new coach at the helm, would they still be called dumpster fires?  If Nederland misses the playoffs, would they be called a dumpster fire?

6 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Ozen is not a dumpster fire, as one guy stated.  I've been really close to the program the last 4 years.  There's quality kids and quality talent there.  There's many kids that achieve in the classroom that's on the field, and good coaches on the sidelines that keeps the players interest at heart before their own.  

Maybe , overall, the team wasn't or haven't been that good, yea.  But haven't that been that case at Lumberton, Vidor, or in PA the last few years?  Dumpster fires you say?  Wrong word to use, imo.  Now if Ozen comes out of the gate fireing on all cylinders with the new coach at the helm, would they still be called dumpster fires?  If Nederland misses the playoffs, would they be called a dumpster fire?

Dumpster fire may be a bit harsh, but the message is clear.

This will be Ozen's 19th season as a varsity football team. This will be their 8th different head coach in those 19 seasons. That's a rate of changing HC's every 2.4 seasons. Ozen had just 2 HC's (Louis & Thomas) the first 7 seasons but will now have 6 different HC's in the last 12 seasons. That is an average of just 2 seasons per coach. That is not going to cut it if you want to be successful.

The administration and coaching situation and what it has done to the football program could very well be described as a "dumpster fire". This is not a reflection of the athletes at Ozen.

Administration, as in principals?

The coaching situation isn't good, I'll admit.  Probably didn't have as much to do with Ozen, rather, the district and all responsible.  That man has been reassigned, so I think they will be better.  

But yea, we both agree that dumpster fire may be a little too harsh of a word....

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 3:47 PM, dillonpanthers said:

Sorry about that last post. It keeps messing up at quoting old post.  Anyway, Barney Fife, I don't knowif Foreman was or was not calling the plays, but there are a lot of head coaches that give someone the OC or DC title and they still call the plays.  Just because he gave him the title doesn't mean he gave him play calling duty. The coordinators get more money. So sometimes head coaches that know they will still call the plays just give the title to someone for money reasons, to run practice, etc. Or they might be "training" them to eventually take over calling plays. 

I totally Agree with you here just was saying coming form a toby Forman program Im sure coach Taylor is use to working hard. don't know much more about him outside of that fact. hope he gets whatever he needs at Ozen to be successful. My coworkers son played for them in 05-07 and I supported them then games were always interesting but fan support was really low I didn't have any kids in the program but probably made more games than most parents. Hope he can turn this around and get the players and community to buy in.

On 7/3/2016 at 8:14 PM, Scatright said:

Am I wrong?

Saying Ozen is a dumpster fire, yes, you are wrong.  Johnny Manziel is a dumpster fire.  See the difference.  Now compare Johnny to the kids and coaches at Ozen doing the best they can with what they have been through.  My only hope is that you were talking about administration and not the whole program.  The program includes some good kids and coaches who I would never classify as a dumpster fire.  Or maybe I'm not up to date on the latest meaning of Dumpster Fire.  I take it to mean a bunch of trash that when it catches fire, there is no point in putting the fire out because it is only trash that is burning.  Maybe I'm wrong.

1 hour ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

Saying Ozen is a dumpster fire, yes, you are wrong.  Johnny Manziel is a dumpster fire.  See the difference.  Now compare Johnny to the kids and coaches at Ozen doing the best they can with what they have been through.  My only hope is that you were talking about administration and not the whole program.  The program includes some good kids and coaches who I would never classify as a dumpster fire.  Or maybe I'm not up to date on the latest meaning of Dumpster Fire.  I take it to mean a bunch of trash that when it catches fire, there is no point in putting the fire out because it is only trash that is burning.  Maybe I'm wrong.

You're not wrong, just "fired" up

Too soon?

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 10:41 AM, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

It goes without saying that I was talking about the program as a whole and not the coaches and kids individually. Ozen is in the situation it is in because of the administration. You are obviously too close to the situation to talk objectively about it.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, 87JAG said:

Well now they have a coach is who is a product of the program and wants to be there. He's not going to quit to take a job Legacy. He cares about his alma mater so the effort will be there. There are some great kids in that program. I wish him well. I hope they beat everybody but Central.

I agree that he will work hard and is dedicated to the success of the program as it being his alma matter. Good guy who generally loves the kids and is a good educator. He has a creative mind and a hit 'em in the mouth 1st mentality. It may take a minute but he will turn things around for the best. It's not just a paycheck for him like the previous 2 HC's.