Ozen Is Open?

setxguru

I still find this crazy. Going in to the third week of summer workouts and no head coach.  Did they at least appoint an interim coach to head up the summer program or are the players not having them ?  I just can't believe how slow this process has taken this late in the year.  

16 hours ago, CCRed said:

I still find this crazy. Going in to the third week of summer workouts and no head coach.  Did they at least appoint an interim coach to head up the summer program or are the players not having them ?  I just can't believe how slow this process has taken this late in the year.  

I was under the impression that NO head coach can physically be there to coach or head off a summer program.  I though the coach can only get with players when 2 a days start in August.  So even if a coach was there, if after the last day of school, the coach wouldn't be able to get at players....  At least this is the information I though was correct....

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I was under the impression that NO head coach can physically be there to coach or head off a summer program.  I though the coach can only get with players when 2 a days start in August.  So even if a coach was there, if after the last day of school, the coach wouldn't be able to get at players....  At least this is the information I though was correct....

I do not think the Head Coach is restricted from being involved.

However, they are usually the only ones that can afford to take a vacation.:)

This is the hidden content, please

Hopefully the new hire at Beaumont Ozen will have a full arsenal of assistant coaches to combat the terminology they were out coached. For some reason in years past there was a noticeable shortages of varsity coaches on Ozen sideline.

PNG and others have a model programs with sufficient staff to compete on a 5A level. Ozen football team,coaches and fans look like a 3A school on friday nights.

PNG: 13 Varsity Coaches

Faircloth -Headcoach

Abel-Offense assn.

Ballew-Co-Off.coordinator/Special teams

Bass-Off.Line

Byrd- Running backs

Carter-Defense line...Hartwick-Defense Line...Gatlin- Secondary...Luttrull-Tight ends

McKeller-Linebackers...McPhatter Secondary...Medlock-Co-Off.coordinator/-O.Line...Templin Defense coordinator/Linebackers...Just an example for demonstrative purpose only. jmo. 

13 hours ago, setxguru said:

Heard through the grapevine that Ozen will hire Jeff Nelson this coming Thursday.

Out of 16 other applicants the board of managers and whoever else had input have concluded this decision is the answer??? Hope the grapevine didnt have too much of the fruit of the vine. So this is the new direction and image ??? 

4 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

17 applicants?? I know it's late, but if that's true it's embarrassing for BISD. There are 3A schools with more applicants than that at this point in the summer. 

Let's be serious here. It's no great surprise that only 17 applicants applied at this late date. The downtrodden football program and the history of BISD has not and will not attract the upper tier coaches with or without head-coaching experience. Secondly $82K to $85K is not an upper tier draw card. To get a program/game changer head coach the mentioned salary is not realistic. So the end results with the football program will remain at best mediocre or less...jmo.

I understand what you're saying. But most Texas High School football jobs average around 100 applicants. So call it maybe half this late...so 50 for this job. And they got 17... Again, there are 3A schools who pay their head coach in the 50's/60's who get 100 applicants. Most coaches would do anything for a shot at a head coaching job. It's very difficult to get your first one.  I'd think there are more than 17 in a 20 mile radius of Ozen who want to be a head coach and wouldn't even have to move their families. 

33 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

I understand what you're saying. But most Texas High School football jobs average around 100 applicants. So call it maybe half this late...so 50 for this job. And they got 17... Again, there are 3A schools who pay their head coach in the 50's/60's who get 100 applicants. Most coaches would do anything for a shot at a head coaching job. It's very difficult to get your first one.  I'd think there are more than 17 in a 20 mile radius of Ozen who want to be a head coach and wouldn't even have to move their families. 

I agree with you wholeheartedly. Is there a possibility more than 17 applied ? Is it possible they decided to only interview 17 of what they were considered top prospects. Anything further would be pure speculation on my part so I'll rest my case my on this observation. Suggs's contract ends this week or next so hopefully the hire will be announced then...jmo..

4 minutes ago, JustUs said:

I agree with you wholeheartedly. Is there a possibility more than 17 applied ? Is it possible they decided to only interview 17 of what they were considered top prospects. Anything further would be pure speculation on my part so I'll rest my case my on this observation. Suggs's contract ends this week or next so hopefully the hire will be announced then...jmo..

Welp, WB got their principal last night so Ozen should get their HC soon. 

3 hours ago, JustUs said:

I agree. Like I said IF it was true only 17 applied. I seriously doubt it was that few. But either way looks like a new HC should be in place soon. 

On 6/16/2016 at 4:51 PM, CCRed said:

Still no urgency in naming the new hire. Shame on the slow process. Maybe there's other plans for the program...jmo

Beaumont Ozen is on auto-pilot...No head football coach-Suggs resigned...No head Principal... She was promoted to Assn.Superintendent...First day of school starts in 58 days August 24 No scheduled board meeting on BISD web-site. The Ozen community is too relaxed......If they dont stand for something they'll go for anything an old cliche...jmo...smh

On 6/16/2016 at 3:53 PM, bigdog said:

Looks like they have narrowed it down to 6 candidates.   Suggs pay is listed on here to for those that were wondering.

This is the hidden content, please

Did the final 6 candidates not meet the standards ???... Rumor states one of the final 6 withdrew due to a lack of interest....