Ozen Is Open?

setxguru

49 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

You know, if the way that things are done in football programs in Southeast Texas disgusts you so much.....why are you here?

You see, the last playoff game my alma mater won (which falls within the 409 area code) was on December 18, 2015.  Since we are asking about that, when was the last time the team you backed won a playoff game?

I love how the "West of the Trinity" teams love to bash  our area as "behind the times" when the only team over there that has state championships is Barbers Hill and Deer Park.

West of the Trinity State Championships (not Houston or Galveston )

Barbers Hill -2

Deer Park -2

Laporte - 0

Baytown Lee -0

Baytown Sterling -0

Baytown Lee - 0

Dayton - 0

Crosby - 0

Humble-0

Humble Astascocia - 0

Humble  Kingwood -0

Humble Kingwood Park -0

Huffman -0

CE King -0

New Caney -0

New Caney Porter-0

"East of the Trinity" State Championships

WOS-3

PNG-3

Newton -3

Nederland -1

Bridge City -1

Westbrook -1

Port Arthur -1

Beaumont Central -0

Beaumont Ozen-0

Lumberton -0

Vidor -0

HJ -0

HF -0

EC -0

Silsbee -0

Jasper -0

According to my bud Goblin's records, the last BISD playoff win was in 2011 as Ozen defeated Brenham 14-10 in the area round.  West Brook and Central's last playoff wins occurred one year earlier as West Brook beat Pasadena Dobie 46-21 and Central defeated Galena Park 44-16 in bi-district.

I have answered your question, I await your answer to mine.

And back to the topic at hand, it is becoming VITAL that BISD act on this NOW, whether it is to open the job to application or promote from within the school district amongst those that have head coaching experience (e.g. Nelson, Haynes or Colbert).  To allow the Ozen ship to sail into the summer with essentially no rudder is just downright irresponsible.

1 minute ago, WOSgrad said:

And back to the topic at hand, it is becoming VITAL that BISD act on this NOW, whether it is to open the job to application or promote from within the school district amongst those that have head coaching experience (e.g. Nelson, Haynes or Colbert).  To allow the Ozen ship to sail into the summer with essentially no rudder is just downright irresponsible.

My man is talking sense now

1 minute ago, Jag Insider said:

Nope, and never will.  I've asked him on several occasions.  Bring back Buddy and ban this guy...

Buddy is always welcome back and in fact still holds staff status.  Whether he posts here again is strictly up to him.

As for banishment, being irritating is not against the rules.  Our member roster would be pretty slim if it did.

17 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Buddy is always welcome back and in fact still holds staff status.  Whether he posts here again is strictly up to him.

As for banishment, being irritating is not against the rules.  Our member roster would be pretty slim if it did.

Yea, I know on banning him...

3 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

According to my bud Goblin's records, the last BISD playoff win was in 2011 as Ozen defeated Brenham 14-10 in the area round.  West Brook and Central's last playoff wins occurred one year earlier as West Brook beat Pasadena Dobie 46-21 and Central defeated Galena Park 44-16 in bi-district.

I have answered your question, I await your answer to mine.

Thanks for clarifying that WOS fan. Like I said, I'm a big fan of your mustangs...BISD could take a lesson or two from those guys. As far as the team I support, they are not in the coverage area. I'm a transplant from the DFW area....born and raised a Celina Bobcat. We've been down for a few years(state championship wise) so I guess I don't have much room to gloat.

34 minutes ago, Uncle Pig said:

Thanks for clarifying that WOS fan. Like I said, I'm a big fan of your mustangs...BISD could take a lesson or two from those guys. As far as the team I support, they are not in the coverage area. I'm a transplant from the DFW area....born and raised a Celina Bobcat. We've been down for a few years(state championship wise) so I guess I don't have much room to gloat.

I think you could do a lot worse than the Bobcats.  I'm really impressed with Coach Little and I can assure you that Region I of 4A-II was VERY happy to see that they will not be there for the next couple of years.

7 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

It's pathetic that the Administration/A.D. have procrastinated until the eleventh hour to do anything constructive to solve the vacancy at 5A Beaumont Ozen. Hiring from within the district and not opening the position to applicants outside the district is like putting a band aid on a serious injury.This quick fix will satisfy some and in two years this cycle will more than likely repeat itself. Just do the right thing and hire PNG O Line coach. I havent heard any community members express anything negative  reference this possible hire.

From the outside looking in I would say that maybe how yall treat your coaches needs to change. Maybe! I could be wrong, but hasn't Flanigan and Foreman got teams in the Playoffs the last 2 years? They do a lot for the kids, the kids get recruited, they aint bad men and yet they are bashed constantly.

BISD needs to ask why their coaches are trying to take every job that comes open! Look within and ask yourself "One Quit and 2 applied for every job under the sun, What is the problem with BISD"?

Kenny Ray got a PAM team to the State Semi finals, and he is given nicknames on this site like Xbox and bad mouthed constantly! Why??

Nederland,WOS,PNG  treat their coaches with respect and they stay around a while. JMO

22 minutes ago, Go-rilla said:

From the outside looking in I would say that maybe how yall treat your coaches needs to change. Maybe! I could be wrong, but hasn't Flanigan and Foreman got teams in the Playoffs the last 2 years? They do a lot for the kids, the kids get recruited, they aint bad men and yet they are bashed constantly.

BISD needs to ask why their coaches are trying to take every job that comes open! Look within and ask yourself "One Quit and 2 applied for every job under the sun, What is the problem with BISD"?

Kenny Ray got a PAM team to the State Semi finals, and he is given nicknames on this site like Xbox and bad mouthed constantly! Why??

Nederland,WOS,PNG  treat their coaches with respect and they stay around a while. JMO

Valid statements

This is an open forum however, people can voice their opinions. Beauty of a message board I suppose. That being said: Suggs resigned, Toby was offered the Woodville/Cleveland jobs (accepted, then later turned them down) and Flanigan was a finalist for Goose Creek and Sterling. There's obviously an issue somewhere behind the curtain.

16 hours ago, JustUs said:

It's pathetic that the Administration/A.D. have procrastinated until the eleventh hour to do anything constructive to solve the vacancy at 5A Beaumont Ozen. Hiring from within the district and not opening the position to applicants outside the district is like putting a band aid on a serious injury.This quick fix will satisfy some and in two years this cycle will more than likely repeat itself. Just do the right thing and hire PNG O Line coach. I havent heard any community members express anything negative  reference this possible hire.

that hire will not happen for one big reason......

On 5/25/2016 at 10:09 AM, bigdog said:

I love how the "West of the Trinity" teams love to bash  our area as "behind the times" when the only team over there that has state championships is Barbers Hill and Deer Park.

West of the Trinity State Championships (not Houston or Galveston )

Barbers Hill -2

Deer Park -2

Laporte - 0

Baytown Lee -0

Baytown Sterling -0

Baytown Lee - 0

Dayton - 0

Crosby - 0

Humble-0

Humble Astascocia - 0

Humble  Kingwood -0

Humble Kingwood Park -0

Huffman -0

CE King -0

New Caney -0

New Caney Porter-0

"East of the Trinity" State Championships

WOS-3

PNG-3

Newton -3

Nederland -1

Bridge City -1

Westbrook -1

Port Arthur -1

Beaumont Central -0

Beaumont Ozen-0

Lumberton -0

Vidor -0

HJ -0

HF -0

EC -0

Silsbee -0

Jasper -0

C'mon Man  how you gonna say West of the Trinity but don't include the Houston area.  You left North Shore off that list.

1 hour ago, workbootz said:

C'mon Man  how you gonna say West of the Trinity but don't include the Houston area.  You left North Shore off that list.

Because we don't have many NS or LM posters on here , its mainly the 21-5A ( and that area )people talking that mess.  if you wanted to get technical, "west of the Trinity" would be everything all the way to El Paso.  Are you going to claim Lake Travis, Katy too?   LOL.

2 hours ago, bigdog said:

Because we don't have many NS or LM posters on here , its mainly the 21-5A ( and that area )people talking that mess.  if you wanted to get technical, "west of the Trinity" would be everything all the way to El Paso.  Are you going to claim Lake Travis, Katy too?   LOL.

It's funny how you bring up the Humble schools but not NS.  Wasn't NS in the same district as WB and PAM.  Nobody trying to claim any Katy, LT or anything else. 

7 hours ago, workbootz said:

It's funny how you bring up the Humble schools but not NS.  Wasn't NS in the same district as WB and PAM.  Nobody trying to claim any Katy, LT or anything else. 

Because NS and its fans are almost never in the discussion of how "behind the times" this area is.  Even with NS' two championships the total is still  "West of the Trinity" - 6   ,"East of the Trinity" -13 instead of 4 to 13. Even though NS is inside the loop and part of Houston.

1 hour ago, bigdog said:

Because NS and its fans are almost never in the discussion of how "behind the times" this area is.  Even with NS' two championships the total is still  "East of the Trinity" - 6   ,"West of the Trinity" -13 instead of 4 to 13. Even though NS is inside the loop and part of Houston.

Is that backwards? 

Ozen-Ozen,Smh stick a fork in me i'm done. The man behind curtain #1 seem to have made the recommendation/decision to hire from within BISD, thats from a not so reliable source however. It want surprise me if this prevails.The band aid fix wins out. Same song same singer is the front runner. I need some Jack Daniels to go with my popcorn. What a catastrophe.