Ozen Is Open?

setxguru

1 hour ago, Dick Vitale said:

By far the DUMBEST, most un-educated post I have EVER seen about BISD...I GUARANTEE you that EVERY small school coach would take West Brook RIGHT NOW if offered in basketball AND Football! Are you kidding me? And MOST would take Ozen too! The only reason most won't take Central is out of FEAR...(I will leave it at that) You mean to tell me NEDERLAND'S facilities are better than BISD? Vidor? Bridge City? LCM? West Orange? HJ? I'm talking basketball and football....NO WAY.

The only reason most won't take Central is out of FEAR...(I will leave it at that)

52 minutes ago, setxguru said:

High point I agree with a lot that you have stated. The facilities in BISD need to be updated. You wonder why that didn't happen with all that bond money. WB gym is clearly outdated and if you drive by Centrals campus there facilities are embarrassing. They actually practice in a field that is used for a baseball/softball parking lot. All three Head Coaches in Beaumont are the lowest paid in there districts (22-5A) (21-6A). I agree there are not a lot of incentives to becoming a Head Football Coach unless you are building your resume. Also JRidge what does it say for the Ozen Football program that people are on here ranting and raving about losing Coach Nelson who's overall record was 16-28 and never finished better than 4th place in district. It doesn't appear that even Ozen faithful have very high standards for there football program.

Do a little research.  Nelson improved that program and it was on the brink of competing constantly before he was fired.  His last year, they made the playoffs, knocked off previously unbeaten Barbers Hill and made the 3rd round of the playoffs before bowing out in a physical game to then, state power LaMarque.  That says a lot compared to the way the team was pathetic before he got there...

4 hours ago, JRidge said:

Sometimes it feels that it's a goal for some to trash this program. My son's were not going to play for Suggs and I'm happy for the other kids that they won't have to play for him either. The question is will they play now since he's gone and it's no because they have already devoted their schedules and future into baseball. I hate that Ozen is short of talent in some areas but some kids will transfer in perhaps or simply have to step their game up. I wish them all the best because this is tough.

Suggs wasn't struggling when he was the Head Coach at PA Lincoln or Bmt Central

All three head coaches in Beaumont make the same amount. I'm not sure the exact $ amount but when it came out in the paper a couple of years ago the amount was around $80,000-$81,000. Lumberton was the only school who didn't have there head coach listed at that time, but Suggs and Foreman were the two lowest paid coaches in 22-5A.

Everyone has the right to pursue whatever employment they desire. However its unfortunate that Ozen's head football coaches seem to bail out at the end of the school year leaving the program in limbo and administration scrambling to hire a replacement. The kids continue to suffer from this.The program was already on life support imo.  Was there any explanation given why this resignation occurred at this late date ? This program will struggle to compete on the 5A  level. Some seem to think this is the plan. Suggs opt to stay in 5A then 3 months later abandons ship.Smh....   

3 minutes ago, STiger85 said:

An Ozen fan stated on another thread that Ozen turned 5A numbers to UIL. Ozen is a 5A school, playing where they belong. Beaumont ISD is trying to recover from a great tragedy and it will take time. How much time will the people allow and how much will people help their school recover? 

If was I that stated this.  Ozen is 5a and that opted to stay up was BS.  Ozen will recover if the right guy is given the job.

There is speculation on why Suggs waited this long.  I can't disclose that information at the moment because it may conflict with the new hire situation.

DV and JagInsider have both made the statement, "The only reason most won't take Central is out of FEAR...(I will leave it at that)"

Are there ghosts at Central?  Is it Spiders? Snakes? Is the school built on top of a cemetery?   And whatever it is that "most" would fear at Central, am I to assume that Foreman does not suffer from that phobia?  Is he more brave than your average coach?

DV, what FEAR do you speak of?

27 minutes ago, STiger85 said:

An Ozen fan stated on another thread that Ozen turned 5A numbers to UIL. Ozen is a 5A school, playing where they belong. Beaumont ISD is trying to recover from a great tragedy and it will take time. How much time will the people allow and how much will people help their school recover? 

I respect your opinion in this discussion however Beaumont Central and Westbrook are members of BISD. Its no mystery why these schools dont have the turnover and dont have to recover from BISD "great tragedy"...Cool beans and the band played on ijs...

5 minutes ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

DV and JagInsider have both made the statement, "The only reason most won't take Central is out of FEAR...(I will leave it at that)"

Are there ghosts at Central?  Is it Spiders? Snakes? Is the school built on top of a cemetery?   And whatever it is that "most" would fear at Central, am I to assume that Foreman does not suffer from that phobia?  Is he more brave than your average coach?

DV, what FEAR do you speak of?

It is thought by many that most of Beaumont's 'riff raff' as far as students can be found at 88 Jaguar drive...  I'm pretty sure that's why they say that....

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

If was I that stated this.  Ozen is 5a and that opted to stay up was BS.  Ozen will recover if the right guy is given the job.

There is speculation on why Suggs waited this long.  I can't disclose that information at the moment because it may conflict with the new hire situation.

Please disclose

The hire will more than likely be Arthur Louis, but I have always thought it was risky hiring coaches that are retired. Especially for a head coaching job. You have to think that by hiring a coach who is already retired if things don't go the way he wants them to he can leave at any moment and the district will have no control over him because he is already retired. Also this would be another short term hire. You would just think surely there are some qualified coaches out there that are not retired or passed there prime that would do a good job. All that being said, I must say this will definitely be a steep uphill climb for whomever gets this gig! For the kids sake I hope BISD will find a coach who will stay for a while. 

36 minutes ago, setxguru said:

The hire will more than likely be Arthur Louis, but I have always thought it was risky hiring coaches that are retired. Especially for a head coaching job. You have to think that by hiring a coach who is already retired if things don't go the way he wants them to he can leave at any moment and the district will have no control over him because he is already retired. Also this would be another short term hire. You would just think surely there are some qualified coaches out there that are not retired or passed there prime that would do a good job. All that being said, I must say this will definitely be a steep uphill climb for whomever gets this gig! For the kids sake I hope BISD will find a coach who will stay for a while. 

Doubt it'll be Arthur Louis from what I hear he works at a plant making well over a 100k a year so I doubt it'll be him...