Ozen Is Open?

setxguru

3 minutes ago, FearTheBeaver said:

Let me rephrase, Nelson, another another Central assistant and an assistant from Ozen getting looked at by the uppers. I think Ozen is wanting to wait to hire a new principal first.

why are they only looking at assistants? ozen can't find a proven head coach? 

It's a darn shame that BISD doesn't have a coach in place by now for the Ozen kids and staff. I however don't blame the AD, but I blame the superintendent and all the 250 assistant superintendents. If you wanna save some $ how bout get rid of about 248 of them. Apparently the Slappy administration doesn't know how important a HFC is to a campus! The kids deserve better!

From back in the day the group "Blue Magic"...Step right up... let the side show begin hurry hurry....has to be the saddest show to see...guaranteed to make you cry...If the position isnt  opened to outside applicants the quick fix is in. The mentality of any port will do in a storm will result in same song same results. "Ace" said it best "How long has this been going on" BISD why dont you guys get it right....Stop patching Ozen and fix it right..jmo...

30 minutes ago, JustUs said:

LoL he may be interested in the PAM or Central job next year and may have decided to stay put until then....IHOP run brb...

If Memorial is open next yr I have a better candidate from up North who might be interested. But thats a long way off in time, even if it is to happen. 

10 hours ago, setxguru said:

It's a darn shame that BISD doesn't have a coach in place by now for the Ozen kids and staff. I however don't blame the AD, but I blame the superintendent and all the 250 assistant superintendents. If you wanna save some $ how bout get rid of about 248 of them. Apparently the Slappy administration doesn't know how important a HFC is to a campus! The kids deserve better!

Right, the administration of 2016 is the issue. Please. This issue goes way back and is just now beginning to be rectified.

Build it and they will come...Hire that quality coach to build a quality program,then and only then will the Ozen zoned kids will come to Ozen instead of crossing the zone line to WestBrook .I assume this is one of the down falls of having 3 high schools in the same city with little enforcement in place.... NorthShore high school- 4,723 students- grades 9-12- student teacher ratio 17:1...This would be too much like right for BISD with their champagne taste and their beer budget...You get what you pay for.

First of all PAM and Central will probably not be open next year, but if they are its because both of those coaches will choose to leave on there own terms. Secondly you seam to have a personal ax to grind with the current AD, but if you really want to get down to it, it's the HR departments call as well as the superintendent as to the time frame that BISD hires. That has nothing to do with the AD! 

The current debacle at Beaumontt Ozen was orchestrated by more than one culprit by design. One can slice it any way you want to and if youre not part of the solution then remaining silent you're part of the problem. Karma has one person singing the blues today. It takes more than one to Tango. A speedy/intelligent decision is whats needed by the Admin. to cure a wound thats been open way too long.... jmo

Several on here want to pass the buck as to why Ozen currently struggles and why Nelson was fired but the facts remain Lambert and the current AD are not the ones that broke rules, had an all out brawl after a game, and got Ozen on four years probation. Bottom line is this ALL of those things happened on Nelsons watch and it is hard for me to believe that a district full of new administrators and new board would entertain bringing a guy back that created all of that if BISD is truly trying to improve there image and go in a different direction. However I put nothing past them! 

7 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Ask yeoj what I told him after the McGee hire. I was spot on lol 

Wow, I never had a good feeling about either of them. No player development. All athleticism, no discipline(which was obvious with all the false starts the past 3 yrs) the younger teams suffered the worse. That's your future SMH

I'm done

I hear everybody say hire someone for the outside...

1. Rison-  Outside guy (losing record)

2. McGee-  Outside guy (losing record)

3. Suggs-  Outside guy (losing record)

Experience is overrated...Hire someone who has great work ethic. Too many of these coaches come in and don't spend anytime with their 9th grade teams...You must build for the future...

9 hours ago, show me love said:

I hear everybody say hire someone for the outside...

1. Rison-  Outside guy (losing record)

2. McGee-  Outside guy (losing record)

3. Suggs-  Outside guy (losing record)

Experience is overrated...Hire someone who has great work ethic. Too many of these coaches come in and don't spend anytime with their 9th grade teams...You must build for the future...

I know a coach from a proven work ethic program and I can hear "CHEROKEE" playing in my head right now !