Ozen Is Open?

setxguru

I Know Toby Pretty well and Im sure if coach Taylor was listed as the OC then he was being allowed to call at least 80% of the plays. play calling is not just a Friday night job it takes a long work week of watching film and planning a strategy and Im sure Coach Taylor was a valuable part of this process.  Who knows if this guy will do any good at all but at least the Kids at Ozen has someone to call coach again.

14 minutes ago, Barney Fife said:

I Know Toby Pretty well and Im sure if coach Taylor was listed as the OC then he was being allowed to call at least 80% of the plays. play calling is not just a Friday night job it takes a long work week of watching film and planning a strategy and Im sure Coach Taylor was a valuable part of this process.  Who knows if this guy will do any good at all but at least the Kids at Ozen has someone to call coach again.

Cool, he needs to go back to Central then for week-4. I'll throw in a mailbox for compensation. 

1 hour ago, Scatright said:

Has anyone addressed why Nelson didn't end up with this job? I felt it was pretty common knowledge that it was his.

Maybe they went another direction?? The Ozen folks not complaining so I reckon they're satisfied……..For now

12 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Maybe they went another direction?? The Ozen folks not complaining so I reckon they're satisfied……..For now

Maybe so. It's questionable though.

Nelson seemed loved and supported by most. It seemed to be a foregone conclusion that he was going to get the job. Out of nowhere, a young guy that no one had mentioned is hired? I'm sure there are some ruffled feathers somewhere. Fact is, they strung it out so long that all anyone was worried about was that SOMEONE got hired. They really didn't care who.

On 6/28/2016 at 10:37 PM, JustUs said:

Beaumont Ozen is on auto-pilot...No head football coach-Suggs resigned...No head Principal... She was promoted to Assn.Superintendent...First day of school starts in 58 days August 24 No scheduled board meeting on BISD web-site. The Ozen community is too relaxed......If they dont stand for something they'll go for anything an old cliche...jmo...smh

Ozen has a principal now. Listed at the bottom of the article.

This is the hidden content, please

Sorry about that last post. It keeps messing up at quoting old post.  Anyway, Barney Fife, I don't knowif Foreman was or was not calling the plays, but there are a lot of head coaches that give someone the OC or DC title and they still call the plays.  Just because he gave him the title doesn't mean he gave him play calling duty. The coordinators get more money. So sometimes head coaches that know they will still call the plays just give the title to someone for money reasons, to run practice, etc. Or they might be "training" them to eventually take over calling plays. 

12 hours ago, Scatright said:

Has anyone addressed why Nelson didn't end up with this job? I felt it was pretty common knowledge that it was his.

Sources say it was his job to take but withdrew... He decided to stay at Central and be the new HC there when Toby goes back to WestOrange whenever that position becomes available. Interesting conversation piece but the validity is questionable for now.

5 minutes ago, JustUs said:

Sources say it was his job to take but withdrew... He decided to stay at Central and be the new HC there when Toby goes back to WestOrange whenever that position becomes available. Interesting conversation piece but the validity is questionable for now.

If thats true it makes total sense. 

18 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

Makes sense to me too. I don't know much about the WOS staff. Is there not a current coordinator there that would be in line to take over when the HC retires? 

You think they would pick a member from that staff over Toby? Not saying they're bad I mean they just won state, they aint picking nobody over Toby when CT decides he's done winning state titles. 

7 hours ago, JustUs said:

Whoa. That would indicate that some thing CT is done sooner rather than later. Not a bad plan for Toby or Nelson. Ozen is a dumpster fire anyway!

6 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

Well Foreman was passed over once, so wouldn't be that surprised to see them hire a coordinator already on staff. Foreman applied for a LOT of head coaching jobs before he got the one at Central. He took an assistants job at Texas High when he left WOS. 

Will Norton ever comeback to SETX? 

1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Will Norton ever comeback to SETX? 

I doubt it.

1 hour ago, dillonpanthers said:

Well Foreman was passed over once, so wouldn't be that surprised to see them hire a coordinator already on staff. Foreman applied for a LOT of head coaching jobs before he got the one at Central. He took an assistants job at Texas High when he left WOS. 

Well, he was passed over for Thompson so no shame there.  He has made no secret that he covets the WO-S job when it opens up again.  So he will get plenty of consideration for the job as he should, given the fact that staying within the confines of WO-S has seemed to work.

First of all this is a lot of talk for a job that is currently filled and for all likely hood will be for as long as Thompson wants to stay. I do think Foreman as well as Dyer and Pierce would be on a very short list of coaches that will get consideration for this job. Regardless of who the next HC at WOS will be he will have been a coordinator there at some point in time. Which all three of these coaches have. 

Yes, but to a lot of people it's about a sense of loyalty. That they stayed at a school when they could have moved on for other opportunities. Just like when they hired Thompson. They rewarded his patience and loyalty to "wait his turn". Foreman could have done the same and stayed on as a coordinate after Thompson took over.  Not saying I blame him for leaving at all. Just saying how a lot of people look at it

Thompson actually left and then came back. He left to take the HC job at Palestine. Toby's father Mark left as well to be the DC at Palestine. They then went to Huntsville where Foreman was the HC and Thompson was the DC. I believe they left for a total of 4 or 5 years. Pierce has left at least two times to become a DC before returning to be the DC at WOS. Dyer has remained throughout all the changes for about 20 years, however was passed over about 4 or 5 times for coordinator positions even once by Thompson before being named the OC three years ago. Foreman was the OC for three years after serving five years on the staff as an assistant and applied for the HC job when they chose Thompson, and they made the right choice Foreman left for other oppurtunities. I think all these guys have landed on there feet. WOS has never hired a HC without them being a coordinator at WOS first and they also have never hired a HC without HC experience. Please know all your facts before you start posting about a program you know very little about.