Happy Trails

oldschool2

I'm out of here for a while.  Maybe I'll be back...maybe I won't.  At first, it was fun on here, as I've had some good conversation and some quality debates.  Now...every time I post any little thing somebody gets all butt hurt and all the whiny babies join in.  I came on here a couple years ago in hopes of getting word to some parent or board member on how things operate around the state.  The result was being labeled a "setx hater".  Typical response of those with no valid argument.  That was an epic fail on my part.  Most people I've met or talked to from this area are content.  Whatever.

I believe I'm seeing on this site happen that I suspect happened to a lot of small towns in the setx coverage area.  Anyone with any common sense left.  Well, I'm jumping ship too.  At least for a while.  Maybe in a few months or longer things will be similar to when I started as a member.  Doubtful..but maybe.

I may say a lot of things that most won't....but....nevermind.  

9 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

I'm out of here for a while.  Maybe I'll be back...maybe I won't.  At first, it was fun on here, as I've had some good conversation and some quality debates.  Now...every time I post any little thing somebody gets all butt hurt and all the whiny babies join in.  I came on here a couple years ago in hopes of getting word to some parent or board member on how things operate around the state.  The result was being labeled a "setx hater".  Typical response of those with no valid argument.  That was an epic fail on my part.  Most people I've met or talked to from this area are content.  Whatever.

I believe I'm seeing on this site happen that I suspect happened to a lot of small towns in the setx coverage area.  Anyone with any common sense left.  Well, I'm jumping ship too.  At least for a while.  Maybe in a few months or longer things will be similar to when I started as a member.  Doubtful..but maybe.

2 minutes ago, RayJr said:

oldschool - I always appreciated your posts. hope you come back soon

Old school was one of the few on here that wasn't scared to bring the truth to the table about whats really going on down here...he says what everyone else is scared to say or hear....but its the truth...and the majority of people on this site cant deal with the truth of whats reallly happening down here....everyone is wearing rose colored glasses

21 minutes ago, HookEm88 said:

I heard good things about this board, but now I'm beginning to see a lot of what Old School is talking about. Post an opinion that a Mod doesn't like or agree with, and get blocked by from the thread. Wow...

The posts were taken down not because of what was said about Coach Berezoski, but what you decided to post about Coach Williams, an account that has been heavily disputed by others.

If you don't like the moderation policies and board rules, you are more than welcome to join OldSchool.  If you wish to ignore those rules that decision will be made for you!

I posted this in another thread, but it seems quite appropriate in this one so I will post it here:

See, I have had it up to here with all of the bitching and moaning about how this board is administrated.  We have rules, you may want to take time to read them.  But if you don't like them or don't like how they are doled out?  Then QUIT!  I know that most of you that come on here and bitch and moan about the site (here or elsewhere)think that you have views that are so valuable that we can't live without them.  Hey, I've read 'em...NEWSFLASH....they ain't that valuable.

Crap like this would buy you a permanent vacation on David Smoak's site and beginning now, it will here, too!

12 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

I always enjoyed Old School's posts and agreed with him more times than not. However, I'll continue to soldier on and post my thoughts (hopefully within the parameters of the powers that be) regardless if it differs with another member's point of view.

3 minutes ago, The Icon said:

I always enjoyed Old School's posts and agreed with him more times than not. However, I'll continue to soldier on and post my thoughts (hopefully within the parameters of the powers that be) regardless if it differs with another member's point of view.

Your views I always find to to be well reasoned and they are welcome here.

Guest ECBucFan
18 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

Now...every time I post any little thing somebody gets all butt hurt and all the whiny babies join in...  The result was being labeled a "setx hater".

So sez the guy whose motto in his avatar is "OFFENDED? GOOD!"

Unbelievable!

21 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

I posted this in another thread, but it seems quite appropriate in this one so I will post it here:

See, I have had it up to here with all of the bitching and moaning about how this board is administrated.  We have rules, you may want to take time to read them.  But if you don't like them or don't like how they are doled out?  Then QUIT!  I know that most of you that come on here and bitch and moan about the site (here or elsewhere)think that you have views that are so valuable that we can't live without them.  Hey, I've read 'em...NEWSFLASH....they ain't that valuable.

Crap like this would buy you a permanent vacation on David Smoak's site and beginning now, it will here, too!

You mad bro?  Just kidding. Rules are rules

On April 22, 2016 at 7:51 PM, WOSgrad said:

Send em to The Old Coach! Seems as if they tolerate most anything over there(for better or worse)

JMO...when a forum is created it is created to encourage conversation. Within that conversation is opinions and at times those opinions are subjective and objective, all motivated by perceptions and yes facts. You know the ole' saying that the pen is mightier than the sword is very true and when someone creates a vehicle for such things, there is a responsibility to make sure it is not used to hurt people. On the other hand when a site like this is created, than a certain tolerance has to be understood. But lines have to be drawn and it should be drawn where subjective statements create desperation. I don't always agree with the sites administration but I do respect them and I can appreciate the opportunity for informative and at times entertaining conversation. This is a good forum and I hope folks can respect the rules and each other so it continues to be relevant.

23 hours ago, IT'S IN THE BONE said:

JMO...when a forum is created it is created to encourage conversation. Within that conversation is opinions and at times those opinions are subjective and objective, all motivated by perceptions and yes facts. You know the ole' saying that the pen is mightier than the sword is very true and when someone creates a vehicle for such things, there is a responsibility to make sure it is not used to hurt people. On the other hand when a site like this is created, than a certain tolerance has to be understood. But lines have to be drawn and it should be drawn where subjective statements create desperation. I don't always agree with the sites administration but I do respect them and I can appreciate the opportunity for informative and at times entertaining conversation. This is a good forum and I hope folks can respect the rules and each other so it continues to be relevant.

As Rush would say

ditto

On 4/21/2016 at 2:18 PM, WOSgrad said:

The posts were taken down not because of what was said about Coach Berezoski, but what you decided to post about Coach Williams, an account that has been heavily disputed by others.

If you don't like the moderation policies and board rules, you are more than welcome to join OldSchool.  If you wish to ignore those rules that decision will be made for you!

Ok, fair enough. But I think it's clear now that I have a pretty good idea of what's going on at Sterling RE: Gareri/Williams. After all, Gareri is out, as I said he would be. Just looking for something positive to come out of all of this.