How is Silsbee's off-season progressing?

15 hours ago, ozensfinest said:

This post is just ignorant...do we need to go pull up Silsbee's record under your former coach? Lol Silsbee football is and has been MEDIOCRE with the exception of this year. Also how do you know anything about Beaumont academics? You have any kids go there? Did you attend? No ok then shut up...how would you say a kid with a 3.5 GPA isn't getting a good education, no matter what school you're at if you want to learn then you will and if you don't then you won't has nothing to do with the school district you're in. How do I know? Because I've sat in those same classrooms Lil C is in and got a great education. Smh you guys are really stupid on here man.

3 siblings that graduated from Beaumont schools. (2) West Brook and one from Ozen. 

8 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

And THAT illustrates why Silsbee is a better choice than Ozen. When the admin puts a campus in a no-win situation, you're better off in another district. Come home to Smoketown, Lower-case C!

Just so you know, if was determined that Ozen gave the wrong numbers to the media, but gave the CORRECT numbers to UIL, with is law.  THOSE numbers puts them in 5a.  So Ozen would've been 5A either way it goes....

And just to keep this in prospective, C wants to make the playoffs more than anything.  At this point, he could care less about records, rushing titles, ect.  He knows the better chance to make the playoffs is to go to Silsbee.  There lies the big decision.  Go to Silsbee, make the playoffs, but in doing so, he'd be turning his back on his Brothers.  The ones that he's played alongside, some of them since 7th grade.  He don't want to not finish what he's started, that's why I'm convinced he'll be at Ozen...

Many of yuu on here don't know much about sports and at times like this it really shows. One I never said going down to play in a smaller classification would hurt Lil C I said it wouldn't HELP him. Especially when you have the hopes of becoming a 4 or 5 star athlete and to land a scholly from UT...btw while we're at it any player outside of Hudson from Silsbee ever been offered by a program like UT in the past ten years? I can name a few that have played at Ozen...are there any players on Silsbee's roster that currently hold an offer from an FBS school? I'll wait...you guys keep mentioning playoffs runs but the thing you don't get is most big time FBS programs don't offer kids late in their senior year most kids that go to D-1A schools are offered off the things they've done as a sophomore or junior in high school. By that time their focusing on the junior class so going far in the playoffs don't help kids get to school that's the biggest myth ever. Let's look at a few examples Silsbee went four rounds deep with a QB that scored 75 TDS and what college is he going to? Oh and if you say well he didn't have the grades save it cause you guys were just telling me that Silsbee was such a great school for academics. Next example: Central lost what first round and how many they sign? Westbrook lost first round they signed the most in the area...WOS won state how many did they sign? We didn't even make the playoffs my senior year and signed the second most players in the area, college coaches could care less about team accomplishments and that's what a lot of you fools fail to realize. Silsbee fans are only looking at how the kid could help their program and not how the program is going to help him. If he wants to make a deep playoff run its all on him and his teammates to go make it happen period. Stay at Ozen and finish what you started don't run off because people are in your ear telling you the grass is greener elsewhere that's not what real men do. As far as the housing situation Lil C has a home in Beaumont so please stop making this an issue about him not having a home because he has one. I know Silsbee fans are trying to get all the help it can to try and beat WOS with their new coach but Lil C won't be there to help next year now carry on.

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Just so you know, if was determined that Ozen gave the wrong numbers to the media, but gave the CORRECT numbers to UIL, with is law.  THOSE numbers puts them in 5a.  So Ozen would've been 5A either way it goes....

Thanks for clearing that up, it makes more sense now.

41 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

Many of yuu on here don't know much about sports and at times like this it really shows. One I never said going down to play in a smaller classification would hurt Lil C I said it wouldn't HELP him. Especially when you have the hopes of becoming a 4 or 5 star athlete and to land a scholly from UT...btw while we're at it any player outside of Hudson from Silsbee ever been offered by a program like UT in the past ten years? I can name a few that have played at Ozen...are there any players on Silsbee's roster that currently hold an offer from an FBS school? I'll wait...you guys keep mentioning playoffs runs but the thing you don't get is most big time FBS programs don't offer kids late in their senior year most kids that go to D-1A schools are offered off the things they've done as a sophomore or junior in high school. By that time their focusing on the junior class so going far in the playoffs don't help kids get to school that's the biggest myth ever. Let's look at a few examples Silsbee went four rounds deep with a QB that scored 75 TDS and what college is he going to? Oh and if you say well he didn't have the grades save it cause you guys were just telling me that Silsbee was such a great school for academics. Next example: Central lost what first round and how many they sign? Westbrook lost first round they signed the most in the area...WOS won state how many did they sign? We didn't even make the playoffs my senior year and signed the second most players in the area, college coaches could care less about team accomplishments and that's what a lot of you fools fail to realize. Silsbee fans are only looking at how the kid could help their program and not how the program is going to help him. If he wants to make a deep playoff run its all on him and his teammates to go make it happen period. Stay at Ozen and finish what you started don't run off because people are in your ear telling you the grass is greener elsewhere that's not what real men do. As far as the housing situation Lil C has a home in Beaumont so please stop making this an issue about him not having a home because he has one. I know Silsbee fans are trying to get all the help it can to try and beat WOS with their new coach but Lil C won't be there to help next year now carry on.

Here again is something that I doesn't understand.  You state that on one hand that a playoff run in a player's senior year is usually not taken into account by FBS schools, yet in the next breath you trumpet Ozen's history of getting players signed to a FBS college.  If the issue is recruiting in nature, then it really shouldn't matter whether Calvin suits up this year as an Ozen Panther or a Silsbee Tiger as the book is generally closed on him recruiting wise.  To me, it makes no difference as long as Calvin and his family feels that they benefit in ALL life matters from either staying in Beaumont or moving to Silsbee.  We can all state that we think we know what is best, but when it comes down to it, the only ones who really know that are Calvin and his family and from what I have gleaned they don't brashly go into decisions like this.

And to attempt to shame a 17 year old kid to do otherwise is indeed...shameful.

Ozenfinest just won't accept Silsbee is a better Football Program as I state OZEN is not a good program facts are facts secondly you said he wants UT that's false he told me he doesn't want to go there no desire to its another Big XII school you just talking man the. To say more D1 athletes in football man stop the. Playoffs 1 year of past 2nd round Idk what year you graduate but you know y'all been a joke on the field simple as that get that hate out your heart Silsbee and West Orange are the big boys around these parts 

17 minutes ago, BmtPanther34 said:

I was in Silsbee this weekend watching my daughters little dribblers team play and saw C's dad around quite a bit.. I actually saw he and coach Sigler go into his office and shut the door for about 5 minutes.  No idea what was said if anything just what I saw.

Big C is from Silsbee so it's not uncommon to see him in Silsbee for the weekend...

42 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Here again is something that I doesn't understand.  You state that on one hand that a playoff run in a player's senior year is usually not taken into account by FBS schools, yet in the next breath you trumpet Ozen's history of getting players signed to a FBS college.  If the issue is recruiting in nature, then it really shouldn't matter whether Calvin suits up this year as an Ozen Panther or a Silsbee Tiger as the book is generally closed on him recruiting wise.  To me, it makes no difference as long as Calvin and his family feels that they benefit in ALL life matters from either staying in Beaumont or moving to Silsbee.  We can all state that we think we know what is best, but when it comes down to it, the only ones who really know that are Calvin and his family and from what I have gleaned they don't brashly go into decisions like this.

And to attempt to shame a 17 year old kid to do otherwise is indeed...shameful.

Lol maybe you didn't read where I said most kids are recruited off what they've done as juniors all kids thats signed D-1 at Ozen were offered when they were Juniors in high school so I'm confused on your pint here...no-one is shaming Lil C I'm very close to him I'm going to support him no matter what he does and have been doing so since I met him I simply stated previously in the thread that him going to Silsbee was a bad move because it wouldn't help him as a football player and as usual everyone said I was crazy yet no-one  has yet to provide a legit reason that says otherwise. And I'm close to the situation and Lil C so I know this isn't a residence issue as Soulja previously stated. 

1 hour ago, PrettyBoi10 said:

Ozenfinest just won't accept Silsbee is a better Football Program as I state OZEN is not a good program facts are facts secondly you said he wants UT that's false he told me he doesn't want to go there no desire to its another Big XII school you just talking man the. To say more D1 athletes in football man stop the. Playoffs 1 year of past 2nd round Idk what year you graduate but you know y'all been a joke on the field simple as that get that hate out your heart Silsbee and West Orange are the big boys around these parts 

Lol I'm not even gone argue with you dude cause it's clear you don't have a clue...and it's a fact Ozen has had more D-1 athletes in football since it's opened and it might not even be close.

3 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

Lol maybe you didn't read where I said most kids are recruited off what they've done as juniors all kids thats signed D-1 at Ozen were offered when they were Juniors in high school so I'm confused on your pint here...no-one is shaming Lil C I'm very close to him I'm going to support him no matter what he does and have been doing so since I met him I simply stated previously in the thread that him going to Silsbee was a bad move because it wouldn't help him as a football player and as usual everyone said I was crazy yet no-one  has yet to provide a legit reason that says otherwise. And I'm close to the situation and Lil C so I know this isn't a residence issue as Soulja previously stated. 

Oh, I read what you said which is exactly what I stated back to you so the reading comprehension problem seems to be yours alone.  If Calvin where to be getting an offer to UT, according to your plain words he would have already received that offer so whether he suits up for Ozen or Silsbee this year.  Sure, a move to Silsbee might not help him as a football player.  In fact, I hope that neither he nor his family have never declared that as that would surely doom him for a senior year should he transfer to Silsbee.  But by the same token, I bet you can't give me a "legit" reason why it would hurt him as a football player to be a Silsbee Tiger as opposed to an Ozen Panther.

You stated that leaving Ozen "is not what real men do" implying that Calvin is somewhat less of a man if he goes to Silsbee for his senior year.  That is not shameful to you? WOW.  It is obvious what your angle is on this as we are not the fools that you think, or should I say more accurately, wish.  If Calvin Tyler, Sr and Calvin Tyler, Jr and the rest of the Tyler family think it is best to move to Silsbee, that is just something that you will have to live with, just as the folks from Silsbee will have to live with it if the Tylers decide that staying in Beaumont is best.

Silsbee -William Morrisey (TAMU) Ahmad Jones (OK State) BK Johnson (U of H) Jeremy Johnson (WVU) Pat Reed (New Mexico) Patrick Hudson (Baylor) and not including D2 or JUCO that's all Division 1 FBS schools 

Lol thats it? You're so misinformed its a shame my friend 

Silsbee -William Morrisey (TAMU) Ahmad Jones (OK State) BK Johnson (U of H) Jeremy Johnson (WVU) Pat Reed (New Mexico) Patrick Hudson (Baylor) and not including D2 or JUCO that's all Division 1 FBS schools 

Calvin Mckins(Okie St)

Ben Wells(Texas)

Wallace Franklin(Iowa St)

Chris Ragget(Arkansas)

Willie Jefferson(Baylor)

Myself(TCU)

Daniel Lemelle(Lousiana Lafayette)

Tony Ward(Ohio)

Breon Johnson(UTEP)

Brian West(Auburn)

Kelvin Chaisson(OU)

Caleb Ceasar(Arkansas)

Brandon Rideuax(Kansas)

Tj Wright(Ohio)

Chris Magee(Tulane) 

Tony Brown(Bama) 

Chris James(Illinois)

Calvin Tyler(wherever he choose to go)

And if I were to mention kids thats have signed to FCS schools this list would be much longer....

Do you guys seriously wanna have this conversation it's not even close come on folks Ozen has been a factory for athletes. Silsbee not even close so as I've said before going to Silsbee won't help Lil C at all now I rest my case. 

Crazy things is you just throwing out names Calvin Mickens and Wallace Franklin Ben Wells only ones touched the field the rest transferred to D2 or less lol stop you boosting for no reason and I know you didn't play at TCU give it up man Lol 1st Snee now Lil C and a Teacher beating up students stick a fork in them there done and Chris James went to WOS you don't get cred for him his bio says Orange