How is Silsbee's off-season progressing?

Going to Silsbee is not a good move for Lil C...if he was going to a program like WOS then cool here's the thing lets look at the history of Silsbee I think Hudson was the first D-1 football player from Silsbee in I'm not sure how long....we don't even have to do a comparing between Ozen and Silsbee on players going to college now do we? Any current players hold offers currently? Scouts will always come through Beaumont history speaks for itself. As I've said before not only leaving to go to a smaller classification but going play for a coach you know nothing about...what if the coach decides to throw the ball 50x a game? And please stop saying he's going for the academics the kid has like a 3.5 GPA he excels in the classroom. I'm going to support him either way but IMO it's not a good move. And for those of you saying Lil C is going to Silsbee sharing carries PUHLEASE!

1 hour ago, ozensfinest said:

Going to Silsbee is not a good move for Lil C...if he was going to a program like WOS then cool here's the thing lets look at the history of Silsbee I think Hudson was the first D-1 football player from Silsbee in I'm not sure how long....we don't even have to do a comparing between Ozen and Silsbee on players going to college now do we? Any current players hold offers currently? Scouts will always come through Beaumont history speaks for itself. As I've said before not only leaving to go to a smaller classification but going play for a coach you know nothing about...what if the coach decides to throw the ball 50x a game? And please stop saying he's going for the academics the kid has like a 3.5 GPA he excels in the classroom. I'm going to support him either way but IMO it's not a good move. And for those of you saying Lil C is going to Silsbee sharing carries PUHLEASE!

If he is coming to Silsbee it will be for better academics and better athletics. It is a good move for Calvin because it's what he wants to do.

2 hours ago, ozensfinest said:

Jeremy Johnson and William Morrisy both had plenty of scouts going through silsbee prior to hudson and hudson brought them all. If he is that talented the scouts won't miss him wherever he is. 

This is crazy.  Silsbee will be playing a really good schedule.

Plenty of chances to get noticed.

Silsbee recruiting? Please.  

One player comes back to hometown to play Senior year and according to the experts another drops classification to a "smaller" country town to disappear into nothing.  So that means we're recruiting and cheating.

Whatever. 

In High School Football the coach actually can and does play a big roll in one of his players being recruited and signed to play College Football. But when a kids like Hudson, Brown or Arnold...yes I know there are many more, just an example...anyway, kids like that are a different story because they become an attraction and they generate their own attention and recruitment with very little help from the Head Coach or OC/DC coach.  Coach Smith has had several kids he has coached under his Offense go D-1 so I think he has the experience to help kids at all playing levels. The question as to why certain players are going to Silsbee vs going to the save all end all hands down best athletic program in the land...WOS...look at life past Athletics and tell how damn important that is because such a small percentage of players can even move on to the next level. The object of have a great athletic program is and needs to be more about carving out young men and women that understand what it means to be committed and dedicated to something other than themselves . It's there to create self confidence and self worth. It's there to be a guiding hand for ACADEMICS. Oh it's neat to watch a kid get next level opportunities but it's even better to run into a kid years later and they are a successful person contributing to humanity being a good citizen.  Just my dumb opinion and something that's on my heart because I have been on the College athlete kick and focused on the wrong thing! Wish I had a do over!!!

8 hours ago, ozensfinest said:

Patrick Reed went D1 from Silsbee in 2014. Calvin already has 8 offers, colleges know what his talent is by now. I don't know why he chose to transfer but going to Silsbee will not hurt his recruiting at all.

8 hours ago, ozensfinest said:

Good post, especially about the academics.  

And the most updated info that I've obtained from TWO reliable sources states that the move to Silsbee for Lil C isn't finalized.  He is still enrolled at Ozen and is NOT enrolled at Silsbee.  My information also states that the chances are rather high that he'll stay at Ozen.....

9 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

And the most updated info that I've obtained from TWO reliable sources states that the move to Silsbee for Lil C isn't finalized.  He is still enrolled at Ozen and is NOT enrolled at Silsbee.  My information also states that the chances are rather high that he'll stay at Ozen.....

Either way he should do whats best for him.  IF he moves to our community, he will be embraced if thats what he truly wants.  Something is obviously wrong with his current situation.

Silsbee will be fine either way.  Its not like we don't have a running back that is fully capable of handling the load.  Hell, pretty sure there are a couplein the pipe as well.

My main concern is UIL eligibility.  Keep it legal.  No forfeiting a season, please.

Coach Smith sat one seat below the top of one of the states largest schools football program that is on a real track for multi-year success. I assure you it was through legal methods and in no way will this Coach associate his good name or program with questionable actions or acts that could dirty his or his program's reputation. He will not accept an athlete into a Varsity program with out the proper authorization and approvals. This man wants to win and from what I know of him he will not settle for anything less than a 100% winning effort from his athletes...but what I do like is his demand for his athletes to be successful students first. I know he may catch some flack for changing the environment and some parents may be flabbergasted at the fact that he tells little Johnny he does not need him  when little Johnny is not buying into his program...but honestly who cares! Get right or get out! I love that attitude because it breeds successful people! Coach Smith will get the Silsbee program right and they will become much more dominate than they have been.

11 hours ago, ozensfinest said:

No Hudson was NOT 1st D1 committ. Silsbee has had about 25-30 D1 players over the years. Last few were Jeremy Johnson, William Morrisy, Patrick Reed, and Seth Adams. 

48 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

No Hudson was NOT 1st D1 committ. Silsbee has had about 25-30 D1 players over the years. Last few were Jeremy Johnson, William Morrisy, Patrick Reed, and Seth Adams. 

I could go further back. Silsbee has had many football players at the D1 level. 

Anyway back to topic.

Glad to hear the athletes are buying into the new staff, and are working hard

42 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Adonis Thomas, Calvin Tyler, and Willie Jones III would be the sickest backfield in SETX period!!! I wish Silsbee would out Ozen on the schedule and smash them. Don't forget Michael McCain iand Bruce Newton are returning on defense 

I bet you would.  It wouldn't be easy.  Even if C leaves, Ozen still has a player with Silsbee roots that would step up...

Here's something that some of you DIDN'T know. 

C's home was destroyed in a flood months ago, and the Tylers haven't had a home since.  Also, the kid has been having to cope with the loss of a close relative.  Lots of people came to give their condolences, except a certain someone....also, the Tylers have a house in Silsbee, so it wouldn't be hard to make that move to Silsbee, which technical would be a good option. 

But something you must know, C's don't run away from issues.  He finishes things that he starts.  He loves Ozen and is an Ozen Panther for life.  He don't care about touches, breaking records, yards, or TD's.  He just wants to taste the playoffs ONE time in his last high school football season.

Don't worry, this message was to set the record straight... Right from C Dad's mouth, which he confirmed that he wanted this posted.