My 45th Straight

Tomorrow will make my 45th straight state tournament attended. Started attending the state tourney in 1972 when I was 8 years old.

My goal is to make 50 in a row.

This will also be my 10th year as media. The EC and Silsbee game will be my 9th and 10th game broadcasted at state tourney. Hoping to do 11 and 12 this week.

23 hours ago, 24 over par said:

congrats this is the second year in a row that i have missed fourth since 1978 knees just wont let me sit in the bleachers all day anymore

I don't have the knee problems 24op, but some backaches.  After watching 3 games at HS, I can't hardly stand up.  This old body been rode hard & put up wet to many times lol.  

Ditto on the great job AAW!

On March 10, 2016 at 8:42 PM, AggiesAreWe said:

Tomorrow will make my 45th straight state tournament attended. Started attending the state tourney in 1972 when I was 8 years old.

This will also be my 10th year as media. The EC and Silsbee game will be my 9th and 10th game broadcasted at state tourney. Hoping to do 11 and 12 this week.

Looks like you got your wish, big guy. 

On March 10, 2016 at 8:42 PM, AggiesAreWe said:

My first and only trip to Austin was in '72.  It was at the old gregory gym.  i think that was the name of the place.  Silsbee lost a semi final game to Odessa Ector.