Silsbee 126 Jasper 72/Final

WOSgrad

3 hours ago, Silsbee92 said:

Well I guess I'm at fault then as well... 

I just know it is a nickname for Silsbee that is embraced by the "younger" Silsbee generations.  It was meant, and always will be, to be a

rallying cry for support from their friends and whomever might feel the same way.  Maybe, just maybe, it can become something good. 

I meant no disrespect or am I condoning any "activity", feel free to ask my daughter on the subject.

JMO

No not blaming you at all its used so much has become the norm.

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Not from the younger generation.  I've heard the term 'Smoke town' in the late 90's.  I was told that it was because the residence of Silsbee still believe in burning items in their yard, making a lot of smoke, vs just putting it in the trash...

Nail on the head, Soulja.  Burn Barrels were prevalent in almost every yard outside the city limits and even in them!!  From my time in Silsbee.

But it was no since in trying to explain after some of the comments.  LOL!

Smoke-Town Records was new to me though!!  Who new! 

Thanks for the support from some of the Silsbee residents.

1 hour ago, Silsbee92 said:

Nail on the head, Soulja.  Burn Barrels were prevalent in almost every yard outside the city limits and even in them!!  From my time in Silsbee.

But it was no since in trying to explain after some of the comments.  LOL!

Smoke-Town Records was new to me though!!  Who new! 

Thanks for the support from some of the Silsbee residents.

Lol smoke town records.  Lmbo!

20 minutes ago, bradyb said:

4a Silsbee JV with three varsity players beat 5A Central a couple years back. And 4a Silsbee with half of their team beat 5a central this year. 

The 2012-2013 Central squad starting 5 consisted of.....

3 sophmores and 2 Freshmen.

That same year, Silsbee did have some freshmen and JV players...  But also had a seasoned upperclassmen...  That one uperclassmen was the one that did the most damage...  And with that said, what, did you win by 1? 2?

Dress it anyway you want to but the first thing people think when the hear 'smoke town' is weed, or some type of drug activity.  It may mean more than that, but I doubt it.  That is a smoke screen.  I am not living in silsbee..now, but I grew up there.  The younger generation is not that unique in how they think.  They are influenced by the whole hip hop thing, and drugs has always been a low key to prominent part of that ethos.   That's where words like lean, and syrup, phrases like what u got in your cup, come from. Listen to the music: you got Big Mo, rip, talking about purple stuff, Pimp C, same thing, Plies 'ran off on the plug twice', etc, and on and on.

I'm not judging though.  Nothing is new under the sun.  We were, some of us, puffing and dabbling back in the day too.  Everybody got a past.  Playing hide n seek with the po po.  SPD gonna win their fair share of those battles.  I know several guys who can't leave Sllsbee cause they got a record from drug busts.  I was fortunate to leave when I did and go to the military.   I only dabbled a little small time to fit in with peers.  It always seemed stupid to me.  Why walk around in a haze when you're already behind? 

My .02 on that.