UIL explains why attendance down from last year.

That's why you dont have starters padding stats in blowouts like Celina apparently did.

WO-S survived against PN-G last year with Will Johnson at QB.

another example, a guy who had played QB before but moved to WR (in which very well could have been the 4th string QB if DSC didnt transfer) lol. Develop your backups. 

Thats two very RARE cases which most teams in Texas don't have the luxury....another case I can remember is when dayton QB went down my junior year and they played the kid who was previously playing QB not saying it's impossible but in most teams cases like Celina it's rare especially when it happens in a state game with no time to prepare.

oh he had all the time to prepare during the season and through the playoffs other than the Gilmer game, no excuses for him not being prepared to play, now being ready for the oh $#!t moment of "im playing at state" before that first snap though…. thats different….. No preparation for that. 

All of these examples you guys are providing are irrelevant to this situation none of them happened in the state game or at the end of the season with no time to prepare the back up QB so yeah IRRELEVANT.

he had time to prepare throughout the whole year and playoffs before the Gilmer game, no excuse. 

oh he had all the time to prepare during the season and through the playoffs other than the Gilmer game, no excuses for him not being prepared to play, now being ready for the oh $#!t moment of "im playing at state" before that first snap though…. thats different….. No preparation for that. 

exactly what Iwas going to say

Yeah you could but you gotta take into account that Celina would've been scoring as well(like they were about to do on the first drive of the game) & their defense wouldn't of been on the field all game either.

Thanks! Will do.

1. Jack and KJ missing on a deep ball on the first drive.

2. Celina holding on a wide open receiver (forget who) in the 3rd Qtr.

3. Bogus turnover on downs in the 4th.

4. Clock ran out to end the game.

Hope their QB was worth about 40 pts.

All of these examples you guys are providing are irrelevant to this situation none of them happened in the state game or at the end of the season with no time to prepare the back up QB so yeah IRRELEVANT.

ozen lost lil dove in the state game in bball versus Lancaster and still almost won (imo should have won), it was no excuses then. 

From just inside the 30, Knowles completes a 22 yd pass on a 3rd and 15 to get Celina inside the WO-S 10. The length of that play is just a few yards short of the total yardage that Celina "walked" on WO-S while Pingleton was in the game and erased both the 3 yd loss that Pingleton had the play before and the bubble screen on 1st down that he threw that was completely BLOWN UP!.

But I can understand your confusion as you didn't see Ozen drive the ball too much this season, so I can see why your scale is off.

But I must admit I was wrong.....as badly as you are faring in that Westbury/Central thread on the basketball forum, you are actually doing better there than you are here.

And just in case you forgot, Soulja still owns you.

Edited by WOSgrad

if prepared properly: yes. 

They had the time to do that, its no excuse. 

As a former QB, yes. He should have been getting valuable reps all year. Especially being that 8 games Celina played an opponent that was blown out by 3rd Qtr. He should have been well oiled and ready to go. Does it hurt? Yes, but he looked as though he was not ready to go at all.

Celina will be back next year and WO-S will prolly get to smoke them again, with a healthy Pinkerton unless Celina gets booted out before the ship.

Na we we had no chance to win that game with or without him Lancaster was too big...

they got in foul trouble and Ozen had its chances to win. Smh, cmon man you cant be serious right now about any of this in this thread you posting. 

I know you cant stand WOS, I get it trust me, I cant stand Allen so I understand, but some of this is very foolish on your part even for you normally. If your acct is hacked I will fully understand. 

As a former QB, yes. He should have been getting valuable reps all year. Especially being that 8 games Celina played an opponent that was blown out by 3rd Qtr. He should have been well oiled and ready to go. Does it hurt? Yes, but he looked as though he was not ready to go at all.

Celina will be back next year and WO-S will prolly get to smoke them again, with a healthy Pinkerton unless Celina gets booted out before the ship.

+1000

they got in foul trouble and Ozen had its chances to win. Smh, cmon man you cant be serious right now about any of this in this thread you posting. 

I know you cant stand WOS, I get it trust me, I cant stand Allen so I understand, but some of this is very foolish on your part even for you normally. If your acct is hacked I will fully understand. 

Ozen wasn't beating Lancaster we didn't have the size to match up with them...you forget the big boy got in foul trouble too which is what allowed Ozen to get it to single digits when he got back in the game it got back out of reach ...I don't hate WOS gotta lot of respect for WOS but I call it down the middle nothing I said on this thread or any thread for that matter is outlandish. I just choose not to see things one sided like most of you homers on here. 

Come on fellas...if any starting QB in high school go does it's going to effect almost every team in the state in a major way cut it out. That kid probably hadn't taken a meaningful snap all year you can't expect him to perform in the biggest game of the year idc what coach is on the side lines.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Jack Dallas take over as QB for WOS last season as a sophmore due to injuries and transfers?  He seemed to do ok

Let me guess WOS would've still beat Celina had Jack Dallas went down too right? Lol you guys are beyond stupid on here 

listen close,our back-up prolly wouldn't have made the same playsthats why he is the back-up, but I assure u he knows the playbook that kid didn't,every single ggame we got a big lead in he came in to work on stuff so his coaches could find his strengths and weaknesses that's how it's supposed to be done