Fort Bend Ridge Point 42 Crosby 14/Final

Cougar14.2

We know who they are. Even those who give us crap are good people. Its no sweat.  Even know the game pretty well. Like most fans thises couple do wear Red colored glasses but most of us do that as well.

still polishing my red rose colored glasses.  Love my team, love my community.  Sad to see them lose.  Last year's team will always have a special place in my heart but that doesn't have anything to do with this year's team, just personal.

well deserved congratulations to Ridge Point.  Yes, the cheerleaders were BA.  

Those that want to take personal shots at this year's team......character speaks volumes.

Code Red lives on.  God, family, team.

still polishing my red rose colored glasses.  Love my team, love my community.  Sad to see them lose.  Last year's team will always have a special place in my heart but that doesn't have anything to do with this year's team, just personal.

well deserved congratulations to Ridge Point.  Yes, the cheerleaders were BA.  

Those that want to take personal shots at this year's team......character speaks volumes.

Code Red lives on.  God, family, team.

The shots are fired at some certain fans, not the team. Let's get that straight.

The shots are fired at some certain fans, not the team. Let's get that straight.

I politely disagree. And never have 1 or 2 people controlled my behavior.  I control my own.  Some feel justified to take shots because of 1 or 2 fans.....speaks volumes.

RP only beat 3 teams worse than they beat Crosby last night. Fact is most of their games were very close throughout the season. RP looked great because they were playing an inferior team that was very over rated from the coaching on down. That's not a dig because Crosby is the best our district had to offer. I think who ever gets out of this region will see what happens when you run into a team with money coaching and maybe not as much so called talent. 

Edited by bronco pride

RP only beat 3 teams worse than they beat Crosby last night. Fact is most of their games were very close throughout the season. RP looked great because they were playing an inferior team that was very over rated from the coaching on down. That's not a dig because Crosby is the best our district had to offer. I think who ever gets out of this region will see what happens when you run into a team with money coaching and maybe not as much so called talent. 

The winner of this region will get Cedar Park and they have just as much if not more talent.

Lol, I know this is fun. Like I said, it is what it is. I knew we were in trouble once I saw how much more athletic the RP cheerleaders were than ours. Crosby got handled at the line of scrimmage tonight 

I'm disappointed the season ended but I don't really feel bad after seeing what I saw in the field. We had little to no shot in that one, especially when we decided not to do what TC and PLC did and run the football right at RP. 

Riordan lost his first game as a head coach in 2012 against Nederland and  also lost to Dayton the same season. Other than that Crosby only lost to King and SC the last four years which are basically Houston 6A's now. 

Fans of other teams are well justified in enjoying Crosby's loss tonight but when you step back and look you say; "The best the area had to offer still got dominated". Has to make you wonder if SETX is even further behind that was initially thought. 

As the Houston area grows and you catch multiple teams passing through to 6A the farther west you go, this is what it will continue to look like. We can beat those teams every now and then but in general no matter how many W's Crosby can pile up in this area we're still not close. 

you know what? That's a good comment you made about "after seeing them on the field I didn't feel so bad about losing" or something close to it, but some may not understand what you meant. I can remeber that feeling in 2005 against Wimberley in the Semis. They were THAT good. Couldn't believe it. Sucks to lose but doesn't sting as much when you can honestly say you didn't "beat yourself" or honestly see no scenario that you would win.

Maybe Foster would whip a lot of teams? I just know against a common opponent that we whipped 34-0, Foster needed a late score to win by 7. So obviously that's not one the teams they can whip.

I watched the entire game with Willowridge, Willowridge is terrible but RP needed 5 field goals to beat them by three in OT. I remember watching Elkins play Marshall the week after they beat Ridge Point and thinking Elkins might not even be able to score on Crosby. 

Think about it? The only team alive from your district is RP after scoring a last minute touchdown to beat a 7-3 PLC. If you take out the Ball game, RP is giving up 33ppg the last month of the season. Like I told you at the beginning of the year, this squad is a far cry from what they put on the field last year. 

Seems like you were right on the money. Never compare teams from their past. Angleton in week 10 was whole different team than week 2.

After watching 3 1/2Qrs of the game I came to the conclusion that the Ridge Point coaches attacked 2 areas of the Crosby defense and had tremendous success doing it.They ran the ball off right tackle with ease and crucified the right side of the Cougar secondary.One pass looked like a punt that was fair caught.No adjustments were made to help the left side of the Cougar defense against the run.Hats off to Nathan White who I thought played his heart out against probably a D1 offensive tackle.The idea this Cougar team couldn't beat RP never crossed my mind.If the td is made right before halftime it's a tie game and momentum is on the Cougars side.But you have to play 2 halves of football to beat teams in the playoffs and Crosby didn't.Hat's off to the RP defensive lineman # 99 who is a soph and gave the Cougar offensive line fits. 

you know what? That's a good comment you made about "after seeing them on the field I didn't feel so bad about losing" or something close to it, but some may not understand what you meant. I can remeber that feeling in 2005 against Wimberley in the Semis. They were THAT good. Couldn't believe it. Sucks to lose but doesn't sting as much when you can honestly say you didn't "beat yourself" or honestly see no scenario that you would win.

I was at that WOS Wimberly game and that team was nasty. I went there to cheer on WOS and expecting an easy victory and then saw real quick I was wrong. That big rb for Wimberly was nasty.

After watching 3 1/2Qrs of the game I came to the conclusion that the Ridge Point coaches attacked 2 areas of the Crosby defense and had tremendous success doing it.They ran the ball off right tackle with ease and crucified the right side of the Cougar secondary.One pass looked like a punt that was fair caught.No adjustments were made to help the left side of the Cougar defense against the run.Hats off to Nathan White who I thought played his heart out against probably a D1 offensive tackle.The idea this Cougar team couldn't beat RP never crossed my mind.If the td is made right before halftime it's a tie game and momentum is on the Cougars side.But you have to play 2 halves of football to beat teams in the playoffs and Crosby didn't.Hat's off to the RP defensive lineman # 99 who is a soph and gave the Cougar offensive line fits. 

Crosby needed to be perfect last night, they haven't needed to do that against anybody on their schedule this season. Fact of the matter is that Crosby really hadn't played bad the first half yet still had 7 points. First and goal from the 9 with a chance to tie going into halftime and the db never bites on the out we've been running all year, probably a pick 6 if he doesn't stumble when he catches it. Even when we could've gotten back to one score in the third quarter, we throw it up to Mannie and the same kid picks it off again. We just hadn't been on the field with teams that could do that could do that to us this year. 

We drop an interception, their qb breaks a tackle and hits the crosser for a big gain. They just made every play Crosby didn't, definitely the best team Crosby has been on the field with since CP last year.