Fort Bend Ridge Point 42 Crosby 14/Final

Cougar14.2

Saturday, 5:30pm @ NRG Stadium

This could very well be the second best team in the region. Ridge Point beat PLC on a 74 yards pass to their four star cornerback with :54 left in the game to advance to the area round. Crosby must take out a certified 6A to advance to the 3rd round. Does Crosby get to 12-0? 

I think if crosby doesn't have a bad game, they will win this one. Seems like they are hitting on all cylinders right now. They have so many bullets in their gun that it will be a nightmare to prepare for them. These kids have played a ton of games the last couple years. They are also battle tested. I look for them to be playing long after this week is done. I like great football and there may not be a tram like this in the area for a while. Good luck. 

Picks against Crosby every game.  Let me guess, relative or friend at Ridgepoint.  

or a friend's neighbor or some dude ya meet at the store.   Same song and dance from last year.  Probably really gets under the skin when our kids have success

we already know they aren't 14 points better than a couple of teams in their own district.

Good point.  I'll give that to you.  I do however think we are 14 points better than NC and Dayton when we are healthy and fully loaded, which we are now.  So again, I'll stick to my comment that we are 14 points better than any other Region 3, D2 opponent.

we already know they aren't 14 points better than a couple of teams in their own district.

Crosby is 11-0.  What is the record of the team you support ?  Or better yet, are they still playing ?

I believe I stated a month or so ago, that it speaks volumes about the level of our program when we are now criticized by how much we win by.  34-4 in the last three years.  How many of those 34 wins did we not win by enough?

If Crosby loses at some point (no matter when) this board will go crazy and pile on us but I'd rather be 42-8 (7-2 in the playoffs so far) in the Riordan era with a team that expects to challenge for a state title and have the target on our chest, than anyone else.  

Crosby lost their top RB #24 (several offers and he carried us through the playoffs last year as a sophomore) in the second series of the Angleton game, while our 2nd best RB #21( a sophomore speedster) was out for Angleton, Barbers Hill, Humble, K Park, Galena Park and he tried to go against Dayton but came out in the first series and was out against Porter. Without our two top backs, we have actually been out of sync all season on offense. We finally started rolling against King in Week 10 of with #21 back and #7 learning the position. But all in all, the only thing that matters is the scoreboard. A win is a win. If a 7 point win doesn't impress someone, that's fine. I'll take a 1 point unimpressive win the rest of the way at this point:

Upsets happen, but I see Crosby a minimum of 14 points better than any other D2 Reg3 Team.

Interesting I read that Crosby is a 5 point favorite for this week.... Who do you think will be your biggest threat Red Dawn ( after last weeks predictions I have to listen to what you have to say.