Fort Bend Ridge Point 42 Crosby 14/Final

Cougar14.2

crosby wasn't getting four or five yard up the middle. Maybe four or five feet. Crosby scrounged together one drive with three or four fourth down conversions and then got a long play to neatherly. That's it. Other than that four out of every five plays was stuffed for no yards or was an incomplete pass.

There was no scenario where Crosby wins this game.

I agree with you.  Congrats and good luck.

Lol, I know this is fun. Like I said, it is what it is. I knew we were in trouble once I saw how much more athletic the RP cheerleaders were than ours. Crosby got handled at the line of scrimmage tonight 

I'm disappointed the season ended but I don't really feel bad after seeing what I saw in the field. We had little to no shot in that one, especially when we decided not to do what TC and PLC did and run the football right at RP. 

Riordan lost his first game as a head coach in 2012 against Nederland and  also lost to Dayton the same season. Other than that Crosby only lost to King and SC the last four years which are basically Houston 6A's now. 

Fans of other teams are well justified in enjoying Crosby's loss tonight but when you step back and look you say; "The best the area had to offer still got dominated". Has to make you wonder if SETX is even further behind that was initially thought. 

As the Houston area grows and you catch multiple teams passing through to 6A the farther west you go, this is what it will continue to look like. We can beat those teams every now and then but in general no matter how many W's Crosby can pile up in this area we're still not close. 

I'm out all.  Tired from that beat down.  I wanted to get on and take my lumps from everyone.  I thought we had a chance to make a deep run this year. Didn't work out that way.  11-1 is not bad.  Not our goal, but not bad.  I hear some give us grief because we talk about state championships.  I hope SETX and Crosby can stay in that conversation and when we have a team that starts getting that buzz statewide we can all support them.  No excuses tonight.  RP was better.  Congrats to all still playing.

Lol, I know this is fun. Like I said, it is what it is. I knew we were in trouble once I saw how much more athletic the RP cheerleaders were than ours. Crosby got handled at the line of scrimmage tonight 

I'm disappointed the season ended but I don't really feel bad after seeing what I saw in the field. We had little to no shot in that one, especially when we decided not to do what TC and PLC did and run the football right at RP. 

Riordan lost his first game as a head coach in 2012 against Nederland and  also lost to Dayton the same season. Other than that Crosby only lost to King and SC the last four years which are basically Houston 6A's now. 

Fans of other teams are well justified in enjoying Crosby's loss tonight but when you step back and look you say; "The best the area had to offer still got dominated". Has to make you wonder if SETX is even further behind that was initially thought. 

As the Houston area grows and you catch multiple teams passing through to 6A the farther west you go, this is what it will continue to look like. We can beat those teams every now and then but in general no matter how many W's Crosby can pile up in this area we're still not close. 

in bold, seeing as Png and Crosby are SETX and lost same round this year with better teams than last year you may be right. 

You just can't duplicate the size and speed that these fort bend teams have. Nederland was never going to neat george ranch. King was never going to beat foster. Crosby was never going to beat ridge point.

I can't agree with that. Size and speed has a lot to do with some things, coaching has to do with others. My old high school has half the talent that Crosby does, (we lost last night 70-66) but I dare say we would have dismantled Crosby if we had played them. Not due to size or speed, but due to execution and scheming.

I am going to change course for a second and praise Crosby.

I don't think they are far away. They have the athleticism and speed.

As I said in the Houston setx thread, I think they lack imagination. and they started to fight among themselves when things got bad. The running back berated the line on one play in particular.

Ridge point played like one unit, each piece knowing how their role added to the ultimate plan the team had.

Crosby doesn't have some offensive mastermind as a coach that gives them any sort of strategic advantage.

So then you look and see if they execute play after play, and they don't.

they either have to get more fundamentally sound and air tight in their execution or they have to get more sophisticated on offense.

Porter would definitely beat Lumberton, they wouldn't have to drop to Lee. That's not the slightest bit of exaggeration either. 

I live in Porter, I went to see them play North Forest. Worst game I have ever seen. I did not see that North Forest was all that good, it was that Porter was just terrible! I was thinking Porter was using the fumble to set up the run, but Ha! I was wrong!

I agree with you 100% on both of your post. That's what I like, giving respect where it's do. I'm in the "Golden Triangle" area now with 22-5A for the past 18 years. Originally from Liberty  County so I can look at it a little more reasonably. Top to bottom 21-5A has been deeper than  22-5A the last several years. The player pool is just not as deep over here. But then you can also see the difference once all of SETX, including the 22-5A district, make it to the secon rounds on. The Centex, And DFW areas are historically a step ahead. That's just my take on it, which usually doesn't mean nothing according to my wife. Lol

This team never had what last years did. I agree with tha 100% it was somewhat eveident throughout the season. STill a good team though

This team was better than last year's on both sides of the ball. They just never played a team that matched up as well until the semifinals. The first team we played last year that could matchup with us at the line of scrimmage was Hutto in the 4th round. 

Even if we stopped RP at the line of scrimmage it was a three yard gain because that's how much the line of scrimmage had moved. That hasn't happened to Crosby all year, they could also match speed. Their four star corner didn't even follow Netherly, they felt comfortable with the other guys covering him too. Ridge Point just had the bigger and better athletes. 

Had we gotten the other side of the draw you may have seen different results, as it stands now it's just back to the drawing board. Lot of talent coming back and hopefully a healthy Grace to go with them. 

This team was better than last year's on both sides of the ball. They just never played a team that matched up as well until the semifinals. The first team we played last year that could matchup with us at the line of scrimmage was Hutto in the 4th round. 

Even if we stopped RP at the line of scrimmage it was a three yard gain because that's how much the line of scrimmage had moved. That hasn't happened to Crosby all year, they could also match speed. Their four star corner didn't even follow Netherly, they felt comfortable with the other guys covering him too. Ridge Point just had the bigger and better athletes. 

Had we gotten the other side of the draw you may have seen different results, as it stands now it's just back to the drawing board. Lot of talent coming back and hopefully a healthy Grace to go with them. 

the other side of the draw.....maybe it was the difference of watching this game on TV and watching our game live...Angleton looked like they were tackling much harder than either team tonight. And the Angleton RB would have given Crosby a run for their money. I don't believe you saw him during preseason.

Personally I know what the Crosby fans (real ones with brains) going through, PA Memorial went through this just 5 years ago, ish hurts. We had teams that should have gotten to state/won it 2010-2012, we didn't Houston Memorial, Steele and Manvel was better and Dekaney took our defensive gameplan in 2011 & flipped it and won state. Is wth it is. Sometimes talent outlasts coaching and vice versa depends on the year and matchups, I been around this state and know far too well: example---abilene 2010-2011, Lufkin 2003-2006 and Wichita Falls Rider 2003-2005 teams. Good season this year, regroup and how bout both of our teams wreck the state next season in both 5A divisions if possible. 

This is what I mean in my other comment its all about the matchup. The reason your team is better statistaclly is beacause your common opponents from a season ago were not quite as good as last season. I think. I believe that Crosby was missing something this year. The dominances of a team expected to go far wasnt there. Especially since we see that you common foes were not quite were they were a year ago. Or everyone else outside of your district is better. Not sure. You saw them play every week I assume. I ask you did they look like the team they were a year ago. Did they look like a Championship caliber team to you? I also ask you how many retyrning starters are back and ? I heard you were losing 14 starters or somewere in that neighborhood. Can you share some info for us who may have to play you next season?

Really.     Crosby fans hmmm seems more like a couple of fans. Most of Crosby's fans gave props to other teams and was glad to see our team make it out with a W. 

We know who they are. Even those who give us crap are good people. Its no sweat.  Even know the game pretty well. Like most fans thises couple do wear Red colored glasses but most of us do that as well.