Orangefield Bobcats vs Giddings Buffaloes

Don't know much about Giddings this year except they are undefeated and must be pretty tough. I remember seeing a few of those matchups with WO-S a few years back with Fitz running the show and they always had a very strong defense. Bobcats will have to probably play a perfect game to pull this one out. But it's the playoffs and you never know....

Giddings Buffaloes (11-0, 4-0)

@ Gonzales (W, 28-0)

@ Wimberley (W, 35-24)

Bellville (W, 28-26)

Columbus (W, 69-31)

@ Sealy (W, 38-35)

Cuero (W, 45-26)

@ Salado* (W, 62-6)   

La Grange* (W, 38-20)

@ Smithville* (W, 52-14)

Caldwell* (W, 46-39)

Sweeny** (W, 35-7)

Fitzhenry is no longer the coach at Giddings. I'm glad he's gone. He refused to shake hands with WO-S' Coach Hooks after the last two games they lost to WO-S while he was there. 

Giddings has size, a decent amount of speed, and a good pass/run combo on offense. Their QB was hurt two weeks ago. If anyone knows his status for this game, please share. 

Bellville still runs the Slot-T. On Maxpreps, the Bellville profile has only one video highlight of their team, but if you watch film of them from their opponents pages - Giddings, Caldwell, Stafford, Bay City, and others - it's definitely a run-oriented slot formation set. 

Edited by griff

Bellville still runs the Slot-T. On Maxpreps, the Bellville profile has only one video highlight of their team, but if you watch film of them from their opponents pages - Giddings, Caldwell, Stafford, Bay City, and others - it's definitely a run-oriented slot formation set. 

You are right, I'm thinking of Caldwell, my bad.... Caldwell moved from the Slot-T to the spread.