TOM WESTERBERG HIRED AS NEW BARBERS HILL AD/HC!

They have to post the job:

SB 387 79th Legislature
School districts must implement the new requirements regarding posting notice of vacancies for which a license or certificate is required under Section 21.003. The district must provide such notice by posting the position on a bulletin board at a place convenient to the public in the district's central administrative office, a bulletin board at the central administrative office of each campus in the district during any time the office is open, and the district's Internet website, if any.

I think they have to leave it up for 10 days?

This is the hidden content, please

Gary Joseph at Katy makes $132K. 

IMO BH needs to get as close to the top of the pay scale as possible if they want to pull a proven coach away from somewhere. I don't think the job is overly attractive otherwise. When you can make over 100k coaching bad teams in ISD schools in the are where the expectations won't be near what they will at BH, I think you get stuck between a rock and a hard place unless you lure them in with the money. Otherwise, what's the difference between BH and College Park where you can make over 110K and not really even be expected to finish over .500? 

IMO BH needs to get as close to the top of the pay scale as possible if they want to pull a proven coach away from somewhere. I don't think the job is overly attractive otherwise. When you can make over 100k coaching bad teams in ISD schools in the are where the expectations won't be near what they will at BH, I think you get stuck between a rock and a hard place unless you lure them in with the money. Otherwise, what's the difference between BH and College Park where you can make over 110K and not really even be expected to finish over .500? 

Traffic! Have you ever driven around The Woodlands during rush hour? lol

Yes, well aware of that law. But you don't post it on THSCA unless you are unhappy with the response you have already received.

I think the BH job is great in theory because of the money, but when you approach the more established coaches that already know what it takes to win a slight pay increase probably won't move them like an up and comer.

If the BH kids have some smarts and athleticism, Surratt of Carthage W some of the coaches he would bring with him would have BH to the playoffs in year 1.

By year 3 they are playing for a State Championship. 

By year 5 there will be talk of a second stadium being named after him.

True, but why in the world would he want to leave Carthage?

Will never happen then, He's making far more than that now.

In a small town what's a State Championship in football worth? 

I don't live there but I have family that does and I know that the majority of the people there feel he and his staff are worth every penny.

Pride in community, and what it brings to the people living there cant be measured in $$$$$. 

You gotta live it it understand.

I don't live there but I have family that does and I know that the majority of the people there feel he and his staff are worth every penny.

Pride in community, and what it brings to the people living there cant be measured in $$$$$. 

I just off of the phone with someone close to him. His wife is a PE teacher there and when he was hired, he brought coaches and Administrators with him. I don't see him coming here, and your right, he already makes towards the top end of out $130,000. He is around $119,000. Carthage has money and won't let him go anyways. His next move will probably be college or something. I was told if I go to the game tonight that I would be given a sideline pass to talk to him. I told my buddy that I don't hold any clout for Barbers Hill so it would do no good. LOL Oh he did say that Carthage was going to beat the brakes off of Silsbee tonight. Silsbee fans, I have a wager on this game, so please don't let me lose my bet.

Edited by TradenupBH

So you're saying Surratt makes $200K?

For $200,000 you'd be getting him cheap. What he and his success brings to that town cant be measured.

So many aspects of that town now revolve the HS. It was never that way before.

Baseball has had huge success there with numerous state championships in the past and  as recently as 2009 but nothing compares to success and State Championships in football. 

His success has more or less saved a town that is currently reeling from the natural gas bust.

If the BH kids have some smarts and athleticism, Surratt of Carthage W some of the coaches he would bring with him would have BH to the playoffs in year 1.

By year 3 they are playing for a State Championship. 

By year 5 there will be talk of a second stadium being named after him.

Not sure if you're joking or not..but I sure got a good laugh out of this.

For $200,000 you'd be getting him cheap. What he and his success brings to that town cant be measured.

Baseball has had huge success there with numerous state championships in the past and  as recently as 2009 but nothing compares to success and State Championships in football. 

His success has more or less saved a town that is currently reeling from the natural gas bust.

Look, I know he's a great coach, but unless he's bringing the starting offense and defense, I think your prediction what he would do at BH is a bit inflated. LOL

Sorry bud, that's not a high school coach's salary in 5A and very few in 6A.