TOM WESTERBERG HIRED AS NEW BARBERS HILL AD/HC!

Seriously though, new indoor facility, one of the highest profile coaches in the entire state, does this open the flood gates for talent to begin moving into BH? This changes the game in that district. There is not a kid within 50 miles that would want to play for anyone more than they would want to play for Westerburg. With the money at the disposal of those on the Hill, they might quickly become a powerhouse.

12 minutes ago, Scatright said:

Seriously though, new indoor facility, one of the highest profile coaches in the entire state, does this open the flood gates for talent to begin moving into BH? This changes the game in that district. There is not a kid within 50 miles that would want to play for anyone more than they would want to play for Westerburg. With the money at the disposal of those on the Hill, they might quickly become a powerhouse.

Lord.. Then we will have to endure the presence of that crack baby!

They can, They will, They are Barbers Hill.

Money makes things happen. And last I checked, the resources are durn near endless on the Hill.

His salary may be 130-150 but you are talking about transformation overnight, literally.

Guess who just because 21-5a new favorite to win the DC in 2016 ? Yep, the Ant mound.

43 minutes ago, Scatright said:

Don't you agree though? Even Riordian is over off of 2100 sweating like a son of a gun!

20 minutes ago, Octfeb said:

Yes I do agree... And I sure would like to have been a fly on the wall when Crosby got the news... LOL. 

Great hire.  We'll be here.

1 hour ago, Scatright said:

Don't you agree though? Even Riordian is over off of 2100 sweating like a son of a gun!

Give me Riordan all day and twice on the Sunday. Westeberg's first four years at Allen look a lot like Riordan's first four years at Crosby, except Riordan doesn't have the highest enrollment in the state to choose from. He's also doing it without the four and five star transfer qbs TW had at Allen. 

I honestly doubt anybody on Crosby's staff batted an eye. Gage also has two 6A titles and was Riordan's whipping boy. 

1 minute ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Give me Riordan all day and twice on the Sunday. Westeberg's first four years at Allen look a lot like Riordan's first four years at Crosby, except Riordan doesn't have the highest enrollment in the state to choose from. He's also doing it without the four and five star transfer qbs TW had at Allen. 

I honestly doubt anybody on Crosby's staff batted an eye. Gage also has two 6A titles and was Riordan's whipping boy. 

BH will improve. It will be nice for that game to be important again.  I'll roll with Riordan all day long.  Go Crosby!!!

13 minutes ago, Red Dawn said:

BH will improve. It will be nice for that game to be important again.  I'll roll with Riordan all day long.  Go Crosby!!!

6 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

Damn Coog fans, let us enjoy our hire. Ya'll kill me with your know it all BS negative arse attitudes towards other teams. Improvement is all we can ask for. I realize Crosby has had a couple good years, but your not that much ahead with all of your D1 players.

Said BH will improve.  Said Great Hire.  Said game will be important again.  Just said I'd roll with Riordan.

Again, great hire BH.  I expect the Eagles to improve.  Will be a tough win.  Great coach and kids who give it all they've got.

I like it when Crosby, Dayton and BH are the top 3 in 21-5A.

But still, Go Crosby!!!

29 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Maybe so, but he better bring somebody to block for him and catch the ball too. Ain't no Greg Little's or Jalen Guyton's in BH. 

Yup, I wonder how many kids from Baytown just so happens to end up at BH starting next school year……… 

Amazing hire for BH...congrats BHISD for securing the potential to succeed again in football.  The housing is there so the "free space" someone asked about is not an issue.  The issue is the amount of "affordable" housing as MB is one of the most affluent new housing markets in the whole greater Houston market.  There are at least 2 big shopping centers planned so that will help even more with the housing development.  Overnight success...hardly, but the future does look bright for the BH Eagles.  And as for as some blue chip QB following him down....we can only hope that there are parents who have the ability to transfer with their jobs to follow Coach W to the Hill!!  Boy, to be South Allen....LOL!

48 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

Damn Coog fans, let us enjoy our hire. Ya'll kill me with your know it all BS negative arse attitudes towards other teams. Improvement is all we can ask for. I realize Crosby has had a couple good years, but your not that much ahead with all of your D1 players.

It's not really negative, just an opinion of someone who plays y'all every year. Just like it's your opinion that Crosby isn't that far ahead with all our D1 players. I just explained why I don't think Riordan is on 2100 sweating as alluded to earlier. 

BH just made a hire that sent shockwaves through the state. Y'all should be happy and expect immediate improvement. 

Ive been saying for years.......BH has been about 5-6 BLACK (Yes, I said it....BLACK) KIDS away from being a real threat in 5a. With this caliber of coach coming in and the type of money to be made for potential 4/5 star kids (dads and moms in a very growing community) ; you will now see those "skill" players or as sports analysts who are extremely politically correct refer to them as "ATHLETES" WE ALL know what that means. More black skills players = more play makers = more dynamic. Give me the white chunky kids on the line, a mobile QB that can sling it. and 2-3 backs and I'll show you an offense that can't be stopped.

Newsflash - BH will be back in the spread like they were in 2000-2003 and this time, it will look a little different.