TOM WESTERBERG HIRED AS NEW BARBERS HILL AD/HC!

The superintendent said on twitter that there has been over 65 applicants for the position. Sure wish they would post the list for curiosity. 

im pretty sure if someone asks for it they have to show the list....i could be wrong; i just remember seeing beaumont enterprise post list of applicants for many area jobs over the years....idk why this would be any different

im pretty sure if someone asks for it they have to show the list....i could be wrong; i just remember seeing beaumont enterprise post list of applicants for many area jobs over the years....idk why this would be any different

Sounds right... maybe someone has to file a Freedom of Information form? Can't remember for sure.

I do remember seeing the list last time,  Did not know the Dickinson coach was AD, so pay has to be a lot more,  I heard the community really surrounded him when he was sick, and has a lot of talent there, and if he is AD, it may be hard to leave Dickinson.  Though BH has his old Defensive Coordinator as of this past year,  ground work was set, but his illness and personal ties to Dickinson may have changed everything.hopefully will know soon,  Be nice to see the list

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, MossHill2 said:

From somebody on my twitter feed:

@BHEagles to hire Rhoades (Cameron Yoe) AD/Head Coach

Anybody else heard this?

Well MBG, 4 for 4 on the pm I sent you last week might be plausible. The non-head coach I told you about wasn't at workouts last week so I'm going to count that one as a for sure too.

38 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Well MBG, 4 for 4 on the pm I sent you last week might be plausible. The non-head coach I told you about wasn't at workouts last week so I'm going to count that one as a for sure too.

Yup! Its gonna be a fun few days ahead once everything gets settled. 

20 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Yup! Its gonna be a fun few days ahead once everything gets settled. 

Yeah, even though WOS, La Vega, George Ranch and North Shore all won state there are some people on this site who think all you need is a coach and money. Well, BH has the money and if Rhoades is the guy then they'll have someone who has coached in 7 state championship games.

Rhoades has a Jerry Stewart type temperament which I don't really see being a fit at BH, I'm sure all that will change if he can win though. I just think there could be a little frustration after coaching at New Braunfels, Judson, Coppell and Yoe then coming to BH and working with their talent comparable to the surrounding teams.

6 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Yeah, even though WOS, La Vega, George Ranch and North Shore all won state there are some people on this site who think all you need is a coach and money. Well, BH has the money and if Rhoades is the guy then they'll have someone who has coached in 7 state championship games.

Rhoades has a Jerry Stewart type temperament which I don't really see being a fit at BH, I'm sure all that will change if he can win though. I just think there could be a little frustration after coaching at New Braunfels, Judson, Coppell and Yoe then coming to BH and working with their talent comparable to the surrounding teams.

Good way to get that 3 year average salary up for retirement.

25 minutes ago, GCMPats2 said:

Good way to get that 3 year average salary up for retirement.

Yeah, that's kind of what I think Gage was doing too. Rhoades first coordinator job was nearly 20 years ago so I figure he's already mid to late 50's and looking to get that retirement up. Money is the only reason I could of for him to go from making the title game as the HC at New Braunfels to being the DC at Judson two or three years later. If money was the issue then it's not a stretch to think retirement is the issue now.

9 minutes ago, Silsbee92 said:

Wow. Emptied the cookie jar for this one no doubt.

Better free up some housing because here come the move ins.  

You better believe they're paying all $130k the job was posted for. It says he only made $109k in 2014 so I'm sure BH just money-whipped him.