TOM WESTERBERG HIRED AS NEW BARBERS HILL AD/HC!

45 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

The difference is he did it against alot tougher teams than almighty Crosby. Good try though. Lol

I think it's all relative. The two regular season games Crosby lost over the last three years were to teams that are/going 6A. This year's loss in the D2 playoffs was to a team that had 2,348 kids and will be 6A next year.

I doubt TW has ever coached a game where he didn't have the highest enrollment. Even against schools like Carroll, Guyer, Cedar Hill and DeSoto he had over double most times. In the semis he had over twice the enrollment as Westlake. The results mirror each other except Riordan has an extra playoff win over the first four years. 

So while TW may have done it against "tougher" competition I would think if Riordan had twice the kids of most teams he played his record would also be better than 42-8. 

34 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I think it's all relative. The two regular season games Crosby lost over the last three years were to teams that are/going 6A. This year's loss in the D2 playoffs was to a team that had 2,348 kids and will be 6A next year.

I doubt TW has ever coached a game where he didn't have the highest enrollment. Even against schools like Carroll, Guyer, Cedar Hill and DeSoto he had over double most times. In the semis he had over twice the enrollment as Westlake. The results mirror each other except Riordan has an extra playoff win over the first four years. 

So while TW may have done it against "tougher" competition I would think if Riordan had twice the kids of most teams he played his record would also be better than 42-8. 

I disagree. Teams like Allen, Carroll, Westlske, Lake Travis, Katy have alot of move ins. Alot of those kids didn't go to elementary in those districts.  If you build a program, those kids start moving in, so in a way student enrollment which you allude to when prople talk about Crosby being underachieving doesn't hold water on that argument.  When you going to give credit to a coach that is more successful than your beloved Coogs? The world doesn't revolve around Barrett Station. There's plenty of better places, I promise you. 

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Lol, you just can't stand that another team may pass almighty Crosby the kings of the second round can you?  Here's another difference, he has a ring. :)

So very happy for the BH hire.  Awesome!  (Congrats to Poole)

I hope the kids will now put in the work (year round) to earn the respect on the field, given the leadership they will now have. 

I also hope the BH community will give him time to build the program back to where it was.  This won't happen overnight.....

(so maybe my third statement was just wishful thinking...)

9 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

I disagree. Teams like Allen, Carroll, Westlske, Lake Travis, Katy have alot of move ins. Alot of those kids didn't go to elementary in those districts.  If you build a program, those kids start moving in, so in a way student enrollment which you allude to when prople talk about Crosby being underachieving doesn't hold water on that argument.  When you going to give credit to a coach that is more successful than your beloved Coogs? The world doesn't revolve around Barrett Station. There's plenty of better places, I promise you. 

Westerberg has accomplished more in his career than Riordsn and deserves to be held in higher esteem. 

Coogs (varsity) go undefeated vs BH for the foreseeable future (next 6 years). 

Wouldn't trade Riordan for Westbrook. No slam on Westbrook. Riordan is just our guy. The right guy for Crosby. 

Im happy for BH and theres no question that Westerberg is a great coach, but you can bet that he was a figure head there at Allen...his cooridnators did everything not to mention Allen gets the best players in the state. This looks to me a lot like the Gage hire...a guy in the twilight of his career trying to get his TRS number up. Seems to me that they would've been a lot better off going after Fedora in Navasota or Surratt in Carthage....a good young coach. Believe what you want about him leaving Allen to have the chance to be an AD...anyone that doesn't think he left for the money is kidding themselves.

11 hours ago, bronco pride said:

Nice place. Gym and tennis courts leave a lot to be desired though.

When is the last time you have seen the tennis courts?  They are in pretty good condition and I don't even think Dayton has much of a team.  I think y'all may of just got some courts.  Our field house is a decent place for a basketball game, especially comparing it to Dayton's.

1 hour ago, BH85 said:

When is the last time you have seen the tennis courts?  They are in pretty good condition and I don't even think Dayton has much of a team.  I think y'all may of just got some courts.  Our field house is a decent place for a basketball game, especially comparing it to Dayton's.

Easy there.... He was talking about the apartment complex behind Iguana Joe's. Trust me, no one that knows anything is gonna compare Dayton's facilities to BH's.

Dayton has been taking the tennis kids to Eagle Point for the past several years to practice. New courts are finally in the works though. Even though some Dayton folks were against building them.

2 minutes ago, dayton said:

Easy there.... He was talking about the apartment complex behind Iguana Joe's. Trust me, no one that knows anything is gonna compare Dayton's facilities to BH's.

Dayton has been taking the tennis kids to Eagle Point for the past several years to practice. New courts are finally in the works though. Even though some folks were against building them.

Thanks for clearing that up. I'm assuming he or she missed the previous post. Like you said I would never try say anything about BH facilities. They are very nice. Heck I think they even have a fishing team  now. Lol

This goes back to a few topics about why one area is ahead of southeast Texas in football.  My personal opinion is money and facilities then enrollment.  Landing this guy from one of the national power houses says a lot for the area.  He comes in and gets a few move ins, then starts winning, other school districts may take note and start improving facilities, pay,  etc.  I think it's great for football here in the area and hopefully it starts a trend.  Congrats to the Hill for catching a big fish.

10 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

I actually live in Newport, moved there in '89 from what is now the North Forest district. My parents just moved from Newport to the half million dollar spread they built in Barrett Station though, eventually when I have enough money I'll build a house on the hundred or so acres they own.

You can have move-ins but you still have a base of 6k students to choose from. Meaning yeah, Kyler Murray may have moved in from Lewisville, the four D1 linemen and three D1 receivers didn't though. Keegun Williams might have moved to Cedar Hill, Avery Davis, Charleston Rambo and Cameron Buckley didn't. Crosby had two kids transfer to BH, one for basketball this year and one that will be a senior on the football team next year. The reason they left is because they couldn't play at Crosby. The reason most kids leave is because they couldn't get run at their current school, it's a lot more rare than you think to get high profile transfers because the DEC's will follow them to their landing spots and vote them down, i.e. the Oliver boys from King, Dee Anderson at Desoto and Jaylin Nelson at Duncanville just this year alone. I could go on but I think you get the drift. There's no substitute for 6k, just like there's no substitute for the 4,600 kids North Shore has run rough shot over east Houston with for the last 20 years.

As far as the successful/underachieving thing, #6 Elgin was the only team we lost to in the playoffs under this staff that didn't at least make the semifinals. All those team we played had a bunch of D1 kids just like we did. TW is definitely more successful than Riordan at this point, he's also been a head coach a decade longer though. Just like TW won a title as an OC at Garland, Riordan won one in the same position at Sulphur Springs. 

You probably think since it was "tougher" to win at Allen that it should be "easier" to win at Barbers Hill, otherwise your argument doesn't hold water. 

9 hours ago, bigdog said:

Lol, you just can't stand that another team may pass almighty Crosby the kings of the second round can you?  Here's another difference, he has a ring. :)

Does Nuemann have one, maybe that's why he couldn't beat Flannigan before we fired him? He's 1-3 against Riordan though, so he is actually showing improvement. I want BH to get as good as they can possibly be, this area needs better teams in a drastic way.

33 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Does Nuemann have one, maybe that's why he couldn't beat Flannigan before we fired him? He's 1-3 against Riordan though, so he is actually showing improvement. I want BH to get as good as they can possibly be, this area needs better teams in a drastic way.

This thread isn't about Crosby or Nederland for that matter.  You just had to put your two cents in about the Crosby coach when he hasn't done near what the new BH coach has done.

1 hour ago, dayton said:

Dayton has been taking the tennis kids to Eagle Point for the past several years to practice. New courts are finally in the works though. Even though some Dayton folks were against building them.

Im not one of them. Anything that is going to help the kids, I am 1000% all for it.... I love those kids at Dayton... 

13 minutes ago, GCMinTheFuture said:

So what happens when BH only wins 5 games per season the next couple seasons.

You mean it's easier to win with lots of 3, 4, and 5 star recruits than no stars at all?  Interesting.  Seriously though, interesting to see if the move ins start happening.  Just for gp the other day my girlfriend was looking at houses in that area this past weekend.  Sticker price was $370K, ummmm okay.  Gonna need a little more affordable housing in that area.