TOM WESTERBERG HIRED AS NEW BARBERS HILL AD/HC!

36 minutes ago, Scatright said:

Price should still be at BH. Got railroaded by some out of control parents who couldn't accept 10-0 every year and a second round exit. That's water under the bridge though....

No he should not.

Happy for his success at CEK but BH is not the place for him.

9 hours ago, Scatright said:

No amount of time passed can erase injustice. 

Yes, this much is true.  However, there is injustice all around which you or the collective whole can do nothing about and this is one of those issues.  At some point, one must move on or continue to wallow in the aftermath.  Moving on allows for growth, understanding, and a hope for other changes based on lessons learned.  Staying behind and living in the past leaves you behind, unable to experience new  and perhaps better alternatives and a positive growth.  I'm not saying what happened to Price was unjust because I wasn't in that boardroom.  I'm just saying that NOTHING can be done about that now and  as unjust as it may have been for him, it is equally unjust for the new Coach  for people to keep rehashing what coulda, woulda, shoulda with regards to the old, and it's not fair for the players coming up keep hearing how they may have gotten shafted for not having the opportunity to play for Price.  As Yoda might have said, "Change embrace you must, or backside of future must you see!

Congrats to Coach Tom and let's work on moving this program forward!

20 hours ago, Scatright said:

Price should still be at BH. Got railroaded by some out of control parents who couldn't accept 10-0 every year and a second round exit. That's water under the bridge though....

Here's the article from where he got the $153K buyout. An excerpt from the article:

"Despite never having coached a player who was recruited and signed by a NCAA Division I-A school, Price was 85-19 at BH after the 2006 season and had an overall winning percentage of 81.73, which at the time, ranked second all-time among Southeast Texas football coaches, according to Texas high school football historian Joe Lee Smith.

Only Alex Durley, who led both Beaumont Hebert and Beaumont West Brook to state titles (and was 97-13-3, 87.17 percent), was better."

This is the hidden content, please

On 1/6/2016 at 7:53 AM, Uncle Pig said:

Im happy for BH and theres no question that Westerberg is a great coach, but you can bet that he was a figure head there at Allen...his cooridnators did everything not to mention Allen gets the best players in the state. This looks to me a lot like the Gage hire...a guy in the twilight of his career trying to get his TRS number up. Seems to me that they would've been a lot better off going after Fedora in Navasota or Surratt in Carthage....a good young coach. Believe what you want about him leaving Allen to have the chance to be an AD...anyone that doesn't think he left for the money is kidding themselves.

Totally agree. 

Nobody can argue that the $$$$ was THE factor in him taking the job. It is financial security for him and his family for the rest of his life, who can blame a man for that?

But, I guarantee you he sees it as an opportunity to do something special in a place that requires great coaching. Allen has become the place where just about any coach can win. BH is not that place. It is a challenge and an opportunity to win where many people don't think you can win. As coaches we are always looking for that chance to prove that coaching does matter. And at what better place than BH to prove than you can win with coaching, because you sure don't have the best athletes in the state. 

1 minute ago, PlayActionPass said:

Nobody can argue that the $$$$ was THE factor in him taking the job. It is financial security for him and his family for the rest of his life, who can blame a man for that?

But, I guarantee you he sees it as an opportunity to do something special in a place that requires great coaching. Allen has become the place where just about any coach can win. BH is not that place. It is a challenge and an opportunity to win where many people don't think you can win. As coaches we are always looking for that chance to prove that coaching does matter. And at what better place than BH to prove than you can win with coaching, because you sure don't have the best athletes in the state. 

Money was only one factor. Being an AD was maybe the biggest carrot. I could easily see him staying 3-4 years and moving to an AD position in a larger district.

2 minutes ago, GCMPats said:

Money was only one factor. Being an AD was maybe the biggest carrot. I could easily see him staying 3-4 years and moving to an AD position in a larger district.

I can see him winning and stay for as long as he wants. He will be a Administrator Head Coach. He will surround himself with great coaches and let them do their jobs. His son will run the offense and he will have the best defensive coordinator he can find. No reason to leave after 3 or 4 successful years. If he so desires, I'm sure they will make him AD only on the Hill and his son will take the reigns.

43 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

I can see him winning and stay for as long as he wants. He will be a Administrator Head Coach. He will surround himself with great coaches and let them do their jobs. His son will run the offense and he will have the best defensive coordinator he can find. No reason to leave after 3 or 4 successful years. If he so desires, I'm sure they will make him AD only on the Hill and his son will take the reigns.

I hope he stays for a long time. Having a new coach every 3 or 4 years is not a good situation. Trust me, I know.