TOM WESTERBERG HIRED AS NEW BARBERS HILL AD/HC!

Money is not mean anything! It is all about heart and pride with the community. 

Well..actually money does have quite a bit to do with it.  More than you think.  I know it's hard for setx fans to understand..

But anyway.. on top of that you also need good players.  Because all the heart and pride in the world won't win without talented players.  Sorry.

Well..actually money does have quite a bit to do with it.  More than you think.  I know it's hard for setx fans to understand..

But anyway.. on top of that you also need good players.  Because all the heart and pride in the world won't win without talented players.  Sorry.

Not quite sure what you are inferring. So please explain. 

This is still a job. We may love what we do and we may want to win more than anything, but we are all trying to help ourselves and our family's financially. Money does play a role in where we go and where we work.

And SETX is on low end as far as coaches pay.

I guess it all depends on which end of SETX you work on. I am pretty confident that coaches in this area are at or above the state average.

Yes, that's true and notice that coach want the money due family and move in etc. I see your point. 

Never hurt to discuss and everyone are different opinion and perspective. 

Not quite sure what you are inferring. So please explain. 

Well I've been trying to explain since the time my account was created the reasons the rest of the state is leaving setx behind.  Especially in football and education.  Especially since my previous post was to a WOS fan.

It's simple.

Money = high quality coaches, high quality teachers, more coaches, more coaches that have fewer or no classroom assignments, nicer facilities (venue/weight room/locker rooms/ library/etc..) which attract families/players, players in summer speed/strength camps, 7 on 7 summer tournaments (sponsored), personal training.  It's a slow process but money can and does buy wins.  

Typical setx attitude is "well this is how we did it in 1980 and it's good enough".

There are always exceptions...but for the most part look at ALL football state champions over the last decade, and look at their facilities, coach's salary, average household income in school district...  Like I said, there are some that don't necessarily apply.  But it is no coincidence that the same schools/areas are making deep runs every year in football.

Should not be long before the announcement, have a feeling the leading candidates team lost this wknd.   If I'm right, should not be but a week or two, unless they are waiting until the semester is over.  Though Who knows who we will get, just wishful thinking.

yup ;)

Should not be long before the announcement, have a feeling the leading candidates team lost this wknd.   If I'm right, should not be but a week or two, unless they are waiting until the semester is over.  Though Who knows who we will get, just wishful thinking.

IDK how true it is but the BH guy I lift weights with at lunch told me that Snelson was seen on campus recently. I heard he was one of the applicants last time before he too the Dickinson job. I just don't see why you leave a built up 6A powerhouse for a complete rebuilding job in a lower classification? 

IDK how true it is but the BH guy I lift weights with at lunch told me that Snelson was seen on campus recently. I heard he was one of the applicants last time before he too the Dickinson job. I just don't see why you leave a built up 6A powerhouse for a complete rebuilding job in a lower classification? 

Does he have a state championship?

That will never be a power house..   Ouch that hurt me to say that..

No idea who they will hire, but if it is Snelson, he is no stranger to building up programs. An uphill battle yes (no pun intended), but given time, not unthinkable.

How is his health? Seems he had a battle with throat cancer.

I would think he's getting closer to retirement than he is to rebuilding a program.

No idea who they will hire, but if it is Snelson, he is no stranger to building up programs. An uphill battle yes (no pun intended), but given time, not unthinkable.

It would definitely be interesting to see how he would do at a place like BH. Much like when Tullos left Cleveland to take over GR, he walked into a job at Dickinson where he had the highest enrollment in the district to go along with the most talent. I personally think his results at BH would be a little closer to what he did at Pasadena Memorial, at least until BH moves nearer to the top of the district in enrollment.

Not sure but don't think he is AD in Dickinson,  I'm sure with that the money is much better,and the more money you make the more your retirement will be, so if 48 and wants to get to 55 or 80 combo, yes there is a huge benefit.   I don't think any realistic person in BH expects anyone to come in and make them a powerhouse, or make any D1 players out of the talent there, but they do have some good HIGH SCHOOL players and can be a lot more competitive than the last few years.  7-3 seasons would be considered a success there, and that is realistic,  Of course there are some that wont live with that, but oh well,