2A-Private Poll

Rank, Team, Record, Points, Previous, Next Opponent

1.    Shelbyville (11), 9-0, 110, 1, 11/13 vs. Big Sandy

2.    Lovelady, 9-0, 98, 2, 11/12 vs. Cayuga

3.    Calvert, 10-0, 89, 3, 11/12 vs. Oakwood

4.    Chester, 9-0, 77, 5, 11/13 vs. Union Hill

5.    Beckville, 9-1, 65, 6, 11/12 vs. Union Grove

6.    Normangee, 8-2, 55, 7, 11/13 vs. Overton

7.    Beaumont Legacy Christian, 8-2, 42, 8, 11/13 vs. Temple Central Texas Christian

8.    Iola, 8-2, 36, 4, 11/12 vs. Timpson

9.    Evadale, 6-4, 21, 10, 11/12 vs. Maud

10.  Baytown Christian, 7-2, 11, 10, 1st Round Bye

Others receiving votes: Centerville 3

Edited by WOSgrad

Kirbyville got 5 first place votes.  One less than WOS.  One less overall point.  Squeaked past OF.  The 3rd place finisher in WOS district.  Same district that WOS moonwalked through handing out beatdowns like government cheese.  Lost to BC.  I appreciate the work you guys do.  I really do.  But c'mon man!  If all 5 of those votes weren't from Kirbyville residents, we are going to need to check your man cards....

Kirbyville got 5 first place votes.  One less than WOS.  One less overall point.  Squeaked past OF.  The 3rd place finisher in WOS district.  Same district that WOS moonwalked through handing out beatdowns like government cheese.  Lost to BC.  I appreciate the work you guys do.  I really do.  But c'mon man!  If all 5 of those votes weren't from Kirbyville residents, we are going to need to check your man cards....

Kirbyvilles 'woes' that you mentioned were the first 2 games of the year. I'd say we're not the same team as we were then. Go look at what we've done since. Also, WO-S did get blown out in their loss. (and don't give me that strength of opponent bull either. If you can't beat em, don't schedule them)  I say the rankings look fine. Quit whining.

Kirbyvilles 'woes' that you mentioned were the first 2 games of the year. I'd say we're not the same team as we were then. Go look at what we've done since. Also, WO-S did get blown out in their loss. (and don't give me that strength of opponent bull either. If you can't beat em, don't schedule them)  I say the rankings look fine. Quit whining.

Bwahahahaha!!! You dont think WOS has gotten better? And Foster would have used Kirbyville as toilet paper. Come on Man!!

No one is whining.  It's just pretty funny to me that almost half the voters think Kirbyville is better.  But how about this one (although it involves the early season woes before the Cats began their improvement like no other team):

Kirbyville loses to Bridge City.  Bridge City loses to Silsbee by 20.  Silsbee loses to WOS by 21.  

No doubt Kirbyville had a great finish to the season and we all wish them luck in the playoffs.  

I can do the same thing Alabama lost to Ole Miss and Memphis beat Ole Miss and so did Florida so I guess Memphis and Florida are better than Alabama?

No, to argue the reverse is like arguing Sam Houston is better than Alabama.  But that's just my opinion.  Maybe I'm the crazy one.  Just was shocking that apparently 5 out of 11 voters think Kirbyville could beat the Mustangs. 

No, to argue the reverse is like arguing Sam Houston is better than Alabama.  But that's just my opinion.  Maybe I'm the crazy one.  Just was shocking that apparently 5 out of 11 voters think Kirbyville could beat the Mustangs. 

there lies the problem with the thinking of some folks about the poll. AAW has touched on it weekly. I reckon he's tired of explaining it. 

there lies the problem with the thinking of some folks about the poll. AAW has touched on it weekly. I reckon he's tired of explaining it. 

Yep, very tired. But to honor a close friend of mine, Juan Mo Time, the rankings are not necessarily about who would beat who in hypothetical games.

IMO, it's about performance, production, momentum, how a team has done in recent weeks, etc....... I do take into consideration actual head to head between two teams but only in recent weeks.

I will not rank a team in week 11, 12 based on what happened in week 1 or 2. Not going to happen for me. BTW, I have had WO-S #1 all year, even after their loss to Foster. But I have no problem with anyone ranking Kirbyville #1 after that impressive win over then #1 East Chambers.

Again, the poll shouldn't be about who would beat who when we are combining multiple classifications.

Crosby should be #1 (I had them #1 all year) based on their unbeaten performance this season. But even Crosby fans will tell you they wouldn't beat North Shore.

Edited by AggiesAreWe

Our rankings have always ended after last week of regular season. Not sure the reason why it should carry on for just one week of playoffs.

Other than 21-5A playing 22-5A, all our other districts play districts outside our coverage area in 1st round.

So we should extend it one more week just so the 21-5A guys can say "I told you so"? smh

Well, I guess I'll have to chime in and throw a curve.  You guys keep complaining your ranking but.....

I like our ranking...nothing like Chester being included in the ranks with teams like Calvert.  Especially when just a couple months ago, we were being dogged on another forum thread for being the weakest in Division 1.   Cannot wait for the playoffs!

Well, I guess I'll have to chime in and throw a curve.  You guys keep complaining your ranking but.....

I like our ranking...nothing like Chester being included in the ranks with teams like Calvert.  Especially when just a couple months ago, we were being dogged on another forum thread for being the weakest in Division 1.   Cannot wait for the playoffs!

Saying the truth is not dogging. My comment was that District 15 and 16 are the weakest 2 districts in the state. That is still my belief. Calvert has 40 students and beat High Island with ease. Y'all beat High Island at home by 2. Calvert would be a 45 point favorite no matter where the location.

• WOSgrad unpinned and pinned this topic
  • WOSgrad unpinned this topic