SETXsports High School Football Rankings - Final

WOSgrad

WOS would beat you easier than PNG, the Indians have a better defense than you and couldn't control their offense. You guys struggled with us at home.

That comparative score thing that people like to fall back on is meaningless. 

The reason is that they have different offenses going against different defenses and vice versa. 

Case in point, Lumberton beats Vidor by more than doubling their score, 28-13. Vidor and Nederland have a very close game which could do either way. Obviously Lumberton should then handle Nederland easily.

When Nederland was up 51-7 on Lumberton, that comparative score kind of goes out the window.

Or how about Nederland squeezes by Vidor and squeezes by PNG therefore PNG and Vidor should be a dead heat... right? Well, except that Vidor lost that toss up game 50-7. 

A game against a common foes means absolutely nothing. 

Edited by tvc184

PNG will tell you, I think, there is not a team in your district that plays defense like the Stangs.  And they have as good a QB as anyone around, and tons of speed.  I'm not saying they would beat Nederland because that's too close to call IMO.  But I wouldn't bet much on either team in that matchup.   

Too close to call but it would be a great game . 

With  PnG  over Ned & Dayton I think the final ranking of this poll approaches ZERO even though #1 is correct !

Agree!

• WOSgrad unpinned and pinned this topic